Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is the so called 3rd Main Attraction in Boxing fighting on Reg HBO?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Very Rich Man View Post
    Marquez is Pacquiao's biggest fight before and after the DLH win.

Marquez draws better than Cotto did against bums(including the help of Pavlik).

Marquez draws better numbers than Cotto when it comes to non-hyped up PPV fights (Marquez vs. Barrera and Diaz 2 > Cotto vs. Judah and Mayorga)

I don't count the Margarito fights because in that situation Margarito was just as big a draw as Cotto in those fights.

The only number you can point at is the Mayweather number...that had Canelo/Mosley on the undercard and on the biggest fight date of the year and it was the most heavily promoted fight in a long time.

Next.
    Marquez was the B side of every one of those fights.

And Diaz 2 didn't do as well as Cotto-Mayorga/Judah/ or Mosley.

It took me two sentences to refute a lengthy paragraph.

Comment

Wait so this a ppv thread bashing Cotto because hes not as big a star of " insert favorite fighter I root for based on nationality"?

Lame.

Fans should be HAPPY his fight is free.

Comment

Originally posted by .WaRCoTTo. View Post
        Pendejos y mas pendejos..

My goodness it never stops..it only gets worse!..

"Wahhh!!! I gotta watch free Boxing!!"

DLH fought Steve Forbes for free on HBO..did you cry when he did that too?..

I can sometimes understand "trolling" or trying to get a laugh out of some logic, but this goes beyond idiocy..
        Not trolling son, just reality. Cotto is not the draw you guys make him out to be. But seriously I hope it does good ratings so it's no hate. You just don't get me since it deals with Cotto who you love.

Originally posted by -SWIFT- View Post
        We all know the Ts intentions it's to downplay cotto and talk down puerto rican boxers.

Talk down PR boxers huh?

Has your dumb ass even read some of my recent past post criticizing Mex boxers? Garcia, Canelo, Chavez and others.

I've even said some PR prospects are stepping up and doing more work/risk than some Mexican boxers as well.

Comment

Cotto-Trout would sell worse than Cotto-Mayorga and that was bad. Ro be fair, it's because of Trout. I think not even Floyd or Pac would be able to sell that fight 1Mill plus. At best they'd do 800-900k. When Floyd does 900k with someone on PPV, then Pac does a couple of hundred less, and every one else does nothing with that fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by savorduhflavor View Post
            PPV #'s don't have a hometown.

Marquez is a solid distance behind Cotto. Not debatable.
            Actually he might surpass Cotto if he fights Pac the 4th time in overall numbers. Not completely sure so don't hold me to that. I have to look at the numbers.

Comment

Originally posted by ElChicano View Post
              Actually he might surpass Cotto if he fights Pac the 4th time in overall numbers. Not completely sure so don't hold me to that. I have to look at the numbers.
              It's not about pure quantity.

Marquez has been the A-side of a full HBO ppv one time and it performed about as well as Cotto/Mayorga. I don't see how this is so much as an argument.

Fighting Pacquiao 4 times skews the numbers, those will not be truly indicative numbers.

Comment

It's not about pure quantity.

Marquez has been the A-side of a full HBO ppv one time and it performed about as well as Cotto/Mayorga. I don't see how this is so much as an argument.
                In Vegas vs Casamayor. You also have to realize boxing fights are free in Mexico through a network and I can just access it. PR since it uses the dollar, they're quick to charge you for any PPV fight.

And if you want to talk about quality, not all of Cotto's PPV fights have been quality. He falls under the quantity category if you take Mayweather/Pac out.
                Last edited by Mr.Fantastic; 09-03-2012, 12:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ElChicano View Post
                  In Vegas vs Casamayor. You also have to realize boxing fights are free in Mexico through a network and I can just access it. PR since it uses the dollar, they're quick to charge you for any PPV fight.
                  That was not an HBO PPV, HBO just helped them distribute it. And if you want to count it as one it's gonna pull JMM's average down.

True, but all ppv numbers that discuss are domestic numbers. Yea Marquez is a big draw in Mexico but we're talking domestic #'s.

Comment

That was not an HBO PPV, HBO just helped them distribute it. And if you want to count it as one it's gonna pull JMM's average down.

True, but all ppv numbers that discuss are domestic numbers. Yea Marquez is a big draw in Mexico but we're talking domestic #'s.
                    And like I said, many people can access them fights for free instead of paying for it where in PR they don't have that luxury.

Comment

Originally posted by Cigarillo View Post
                      Wait so this a ppv thread bashing Cotto because hes not as big a star of " insert favorite fighter I root for based on nationality"?

Lame.

Fans should be HAPPY his fight is free.
                      How many people on here actually have HBO? I bet you over 90% don't.

Comment

Working...
                      X