Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gennady Golovkin vs Peter Quillin, Who wins?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A lot can change in 3 years. Peter has regressed. Lost his title. He's fighting a stripper.

GGG's selling out MSG on PPV.

Comment

Golovkin KO's him now and back then.

Comment

Originally posted by ***1048;ATAS View Post
        man...there are some awesome fights at 160 that can be made.
        cmon man, this isnt even going to be competitive ... ggg crushes quillin, no doubt in my mind...

Comment

Originally posted by icha View Post
          cmon man, this isnt even going to be competitive ... ggg crushes quillin, no doubt in my mind...
          Look at the date of the post you replied to.

It's crazy how time flies. This match-up has been on the radar THIS long and we're nowhere near close to getting it.

Comment

Originally posted by Evil Abed View Post
            A lot can change in 3 years. Peter has regressed. Lost his title. He's fighting a stripper.

GGG's selling out MSG on PPV.

Yup. the same time 3 years ago, we all wrote Lemieux off saying he was done. Now he is getting his own little superfight.

The landscape is always changing.

Comment

Quillin could've been a lot better fighter than he became. Cedric Kushner was developing him the right way then he signed with Schaeffer/Haymon they dropped him to two fights a year against carefully selected opponents with no expected chance.

Comment

Quillin and Jacobs can rotate rounds vs GGG in one fight and I think he would knock both of them out

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post
                  Quillin and Jacobs can rotate rounds vs GGG in one fight and I think he would knock both of them out
                  This lol, I actually thought for a second that Jacobs' size would give him a chance against GGG, but now that I know that his chin is horrible(Mora of all people had him hurt bad) I think Golovkin knocks him out with a jab.

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post
                    Has Jacobs even been pushing for the GGG fight or is he fine holding the "regular" WBA belt?

He knows he gets sparked fast.

Comment

Originally posted by icha View Post
                      It was a few years ago when I made that post.

I made a thread back around that time too saying GGG vs Quillin would be a FOTY candidate. Since then I think Quillin has been exposed a bit, mainly what I saw in the Rosado fight how Rosado was out muscling Peter and pushing him back! My opinion of Quillin's abilities dropped dramatically after that and it doesn't help matters that he couldn't even beat Andy Lee and was dropped in that fight where neither guy was willing to throw any punches, especially considering I don't think very highly of Lee.

I'd still like to see the fight though but I don't think it would be very competitive.

Comment

Working...
                      X