Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Cotto vs Trout Title Clash Set For December 1 at MSG

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

who give a fuk about the numbers, ratings, PPV Buys...this is why we the fans don't get the Fights we want now because you have stupid fans worried about the numbers, I am watch regardless...I don't give a **** how many PPV's they sale or how many tune in if the fight is on HBO or Showtime Network, I don't get any of that money so why in the hell should I care

Comment

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
      Having a thin resume doesn't mean he sucks. Sergio had a terrible resume till Cintron or PWill. Russell, Demetrius Andrade, Golovkin all have terrible resumes. Same for Ward and Dirrell going into S6.
      my point is he's not a great fighter,everyone else can say he's good and what not,i guess just some know better

Comment

good to know Arum didn't get his way... this fight won't be a walk in the park for Miguel but at the end of the night Cotto will come out on top... War Cotto!!!...then we fight Canelo...

Comment

Originally posted by AnimalisticMeth View Post
          A Cotto fight brings in more money than any fighter not named Mayweather and Pacquiao. Ward-Dawson and Chavez-Martinez won't bring in the kind of money a Cotto fight does.
          Excuse me? Cotto vs anybody not named Floyd or Pacquiao WILL NOT bring in more than Chavez-Martinez and Ill put some points on that. Bet you Chavez-Martinez does better numbers than Cotto-Margarito II.

Cotto is a good PPV name but let's not get carried away here.

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
            Excuse me? Cotto vs anybody not named Floyd or Pacquiao WILL NOT bring in more than Chavez-Martinez and Ill put some points on that. Bet you Chavez-Martinez does better numbers than Cotto-Margarito II.

Cotto is a good PPV name but let's not get carried away here.
            So Chavez-Martinez will do over 600K? Lol, keep dreaming. Cotto is proven to be the 3rd biggest PPV draw in America.
            Last edited by AnimalisticMeth; 08-31-2012, 09:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DominiBox View Post
              Don't think so. Trouts not a big name in the sport.
              But good move by Cotto.
              Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
              I don't think it matters that he isn't a big name. Any Cotto fight on PPV will bring in more money than whatever HBO is currently paying.
              Dawson - Ward ??
              Chavez - Martinez ??
              Pacquiao - Marquez,Bradley ??
              Mayweather - Bradley, Guerrero ??

I don't think so chief...
              A Cotto fight brings in more money than any fighter not named Mayweather and Pacquiao. Ward-Dawson and Chavez-Martinez won't bring in the kind of money a Cotto fight does.
              Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
              I'm not sure I understand your post. I'm talking about whatever regular "free" HBO is paying. They've lowered their yearly budget by a ton recent years.
              Well now i get your point. And i agree.
              Cotto is the biggest name of them all.. BUT those are great, very expected fights. Cotto/Trout will not even match Chavez/Martinez number. You can bet on that.
              Well let's see what the undercard will be but Cotto alone at this point does over 300K guranteed. Chavez-Martinez will have to go H2H with Canelo on Showtime so that will take a chunk of their numbers.
              True...Let's see what happens!
              Chavez-Martinez will be amazing. Can't wait.

http://www.boxingscene.com/chavez-ma...records--56588
              Originally posted by KnockUTheFukOut View Post
              who give a fuk about the numbers, ratings, PPV Buys...this is why we the fans don't get the Fights we want now because you have stupid fans worried about the numbers, I am watch regardless...I don't give a **** how many PPV's they sale or how many tune in if the fight is on HBO or Showtime Network, I don't get any of that money so why in the hell should I care
              We're having a completely different conversation dude.

Comment

Cotto will TKO this fool, but it will look like the OKTAY Urkal fight!!

I don't see the purpose of this fight for Cotto

Comment

I figured Cotto would go after Bundrage because that would be the easier fight for a belt and not like Trout brings any more name recognition to the table. Could be a tough fight for Cotto but I have to figure he has what it takes to get to Trout.

Will be interesting.

Comment

So chavez-Martinez will do over 600K? Lol, keep dreaming. Cotto is proven to be the 3rd biggest PPV draw in America.
                    Until now.

This fight is the most anticipated one behind Pacquiao-Mayweather.

Comment

great fight. Risky for Cotto, gotta love it.

Hopefully this means pac vs bradley dec 10th. And Marquez vs someone good.

Comment

Working...
                      X