Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DempseyRollin
    Quote:

Originally Posted by jsfd26

Why is Guzman wanting to fight this guy when Khan is the money fight? He must not like his chances I guess?

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

u should read the article
    When I get home I suppose.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

he should be fighting for 15k like before, I doubt Khan would.

Comment

who?

I know some good restaurants if he wants a kebab

Comment

Originally posted by devildg View Post
          who?

This>>>>>>>LAME!!!!

Let's stick to discussing boxing please!

Comment

So team Guzman don't want to wait for Team Khan to make up their mind? Wtf what's the rush? Dec 15 is over 3 months away.

Comment

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
              seems team khan isnt so dumb afterall.
              I see now why you made this comment. Title of this article was deceiving and I assumed Khan was the one reaching out to Guzman.

Comment

Finally, some fresh fights to look forward to. I hope this one goes through... I really like Guzman but I believe he will lose to Khabib. That "Russian kid" is a stud, just wait.

Comment

Originally posted by King- View Post
                  Finally, some fresh fights to look forward to. I hope this one goes through... I really like Guzman but I believe he will lose to Khabib. That "Russian kid" is a stud, just wait.
                  khabib is good, dont get me wrong but putting him in with Guzman when he's that fresh? his team must have supreme confidence in him if they wanna do that

Comment

Originally posted by devildg View Post
                    who?

Allakhverdiev is the IBO Champ and is coming off of 3 stoppage wins over Campbell, Mendoza, and Mabuza. He destroyed Mabuza who gave Judah a good fight last year and dropped Zab before getting stopped.

Comment

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
                      khabib is good, dont get me wrong but putting him in with Guzman when he's that fresh? his team must have supreme confidence in him if they wanna do that
                      I agree, this is high-risk fight to take. But I believe they SHOULD have confidence in him, he is extremely talented.... And you're right, this maybe a fight he didn't have to take at this point. BUT, I like this fight for Khabib, career wise; due to the simple fact that a win over a quality opponent like Guzman will give Khabib just the recognition he needs; fan wise, he'll get some fans outside of Russia.....and ranking wise, he will shoot up in all of rankings and have the opportunity to make a big fight. Just look at the people in this thread, hardly anyone on the first page know who he is.........a win over a guy like Guzman would give him INSTANT respect and recognition. If he fights a guy like this so early in his career, and WINS.....then there's no denying him. None of the top guys could say "make a name for yourself first" or "fight a quality opponent," etc. Far too many times, really really good fighters get ignored because the majority of fight fans simply "don't know" who they are. A fight like this would erase any of those doubts.

I personally, like to see fighters go this route, instead of the Canelo route, for example. No hate to Alvarez, but he hasn't exactly fought the riskiest of fights thus far.
                      Last edited by King_; 08-30-2012, 08:29 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X