Collapse
No announcement yet.

Schaefer: Peter Quillin to fight Hassan N'Dam N'Jikam Oct 20th in Brooklyn

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's good matchmaking intersting to see how Quillen deals with N'Jikam style and actually surprised and pleased to see Hassan leaving France and testing his merits in the US i do get a feeling though that he might not travel well

Comment

Originally posted by ThePhantom5 View Post
      Than Golovkin should get a shot at Sturm's title then?

I'm assuming Sturm will be stripped or it will be vacated.
      It's really in the best interest of fans to root for Geale to defeat Sturm bcoz there is the impression that he's just more willing to fight any and all whereas Sturm is much more calculated in his approach and he'll most likely vacate the WBA and keep the IBF to avoid the dangers that belt could entail

Comment

Oh I am so going to be in the building for this scrap. Kid Chocolate reps BK.......sparingly these days but to see him bring the belt to the Borough of kings will be fantastic.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
          it's about time they started fighting each other. still, though, many of these fights have fallen through. i'll be exciting about this one, but i'll believe it when they're in the ring

any word on the network it will be on (if any?)

gotta figure quillin will have a shot at getting back on hbo
          I believe this will be on HBO. It's on the Garcia-Morales undercard.

EDIT: Nvm. Looks like Showtime. I guess GBP really IS done with HBO.
          http://boxrec.com/show_display.php?show_id=649174

Comment

Originally posted by ThePhantom5 View Post
            Than Golovkin should get a shot at Sturm's title then?

I'm assuming Sturm will be stripped or it will be vacated.

Golovkin has been Sturm's mandatory for 2 years and has been allowed to avoid him time and time again. They finally were going to make him fight Golovkin so Sturm used the one loophole left, unify. If Sturm wins he'll drop the WBA Super title and his obligation to fight Golovkin along with it while keeping the IBF belt. You sir are not educated in the art of ducking to the extent that professor Felix Sturm is.

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
            -____-, why do you always do that!?!?

Can we take it one step at a time?
            lol sorry.Martinez will fight Cotto or somebody at 154 for a bigger payday and a easier fight while leaving the MW throne vacant and avoid the best challenger to arise, HNN/Quillin/Sturm won't go near Golovkin, Pirog has been screwed by the WBO. That's boxing.

Worst possible case scenario that i hope does not happen is Golovkin and Quillin both win and with a American MW titlist HBO drop Golovkin like they did Pirog after Jacobs and pretend he doesn't exist while hyping Quillin and go the RJJ/Michalczewski route with a media blackout.
            Last edited by Mikhnienko; 08-29-2012, 08:20 PM.

Comment

I really want Quillin to win this fight idk anything about N'Jikam never see him fight but hopefully Quillin ko's him he is a exciting personality and has some pop in his punches. So this card is on Showtime?

Comment

Originally posted by RyunosukeRonin View Post
                That's good matchmaking intersting to see how Quillen deals with N'Jikam style and actually surprised and pleased to see Hassan leaving France and testing his merits in the US i do get a feeling though that he might not travel well
                I don't think he will either. He's flashy and he got good pop but his defense is too leaky, he's been caught and hurt by lesser fighters, Quillin should stop him in 7-8.

Comment

Barclay's Center is getting a hell of a card for their first boxing show.

As for Pirog I'm glad he got stripped, that's twice now that he has come up with "injuries" just as he's about to face a live body. The guy hasn't done anything since beating Danny Jacobs back in 2010 (a grieving Danny Jacobs at that, since his grandmother had just died earlier that week.)
                  Last edited by ShoulderRoll; 08-29-2012, 09:40 PM.

Comment

At least that eliminates the chance of Cotto - N'Dam on Dec 1st. I wonder who Cotto's opponent will be now. Sorry if this is off topic.

Comment

MW is bustling right now. If Martinez can't get a Mayweather fight, watcing turn back the next generation would be very interesting.

Comment

Working...
                      X