• Show
Clear All

Cotto vs Alvarez 1st.......

Alvarez wins, then ok (I guess).

Comment

Originally posted by RL_GMA View Post

That's the only way Floyd-Canelo is going to be a big fight and a really good win, Canelo has to beat Cotto.

Comment

Originally posted by RL_GMA View Post

That's what should happen but we all know what should happen and what does happen in boxing are 2 completely different things. I'd be willing to bet my life that the first name out of Canelo's mouth when Jim Gray asks him who wants to fight will be Mayweather.

I have a hard time seeing GBP's allowing Canelo to go into the pro Puerto Rican MSG crowd against Cotto Dec 1.

Comment

Except Floyd just won't do it because Sergio & CANELO actually pose a treat. He will do what he always does. Vacation time, avoid them, wait till they wear down a bit & then fight them. Then all his fan boys here will praise him.

Comment

Except Floyd just won't do it because Sergio & CANELO actually pose a treath. He will do what he always does. Vacation time, avoid them, wait till they wear down a bit & then fight them. Then all his fan boys here will praise him.

Comment

Originally posted by lx!! View Post
              Except Floyd just won't do it because Sergio & CANELO actually pose a treat. He will do what he always does. Vacation time, avoid them, wait till they wear down a bit & then fight them. Then all his fan boys here will praise him.
              Who was the last person Floyd fought that wasnt a champion or p4p top 10 again?

Comment

Originally posted by the larryx View Post
                I could see Floyd coming in at 155 and out boxing Martinez in a classic.if he pulls it off it def would enhance his legacy,thats the biggest fight he could make in terms of legacy right now
                I agree with the last part but not the first part.

Martinez isn't one dimensional, he's a smart fighter, he's very mobile and has intense power and good speed, and he's a southpaw... Floyd doesn't use his legs as much at this point, by May he will be 36, and even heavier... That would be a razor thin fight.

Comment

I agree with those who said Alvarez over Cotto first.

But if I ruled boxing for the next 3 years I would make:

Spring 2013: Pacquiao
                  Winter 2013: Martinez
                  Spring 2014: Canelo/Lara/Molina or whoever else emerges as the top fighter at 154 over the next 2 years.

Comment

That would be great, but I don't think Floyd will fight Canelo or Martinez at the full 154 weight. If he does I will tell you I was wrong. My guess is he returns to 147 and fights the the regular WBC champ since he is the WBC super champ if I have my alphabet facts right.

Comment

My guess is Floyd defends his WBC welterweight tittle against his mandatory and that is Guerrero. That is if he fights again.

Comment

Working...
                      X