Collapse
No announcement yet.

Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. vs Sergio Martinez Post Fight Discussion thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

By the way, is the ring size confirmed yet? I would assume Las Vegas rules make a standard size mandatory, but I just want to be sure Top Rank didn't somehow get the OK to rent a bounce house for the fight.

Comment

chavez eats way too many punches to have a shot in this one. Lee was tagging him and maravilla is twice the fighter lee is. I like the fact that chavez doesn't get too off balance when throwing punches, but I can just see him getting throttled in this one. Martinez-Pavlik ii

Comment

77% of people will cry on Sept 15th when their Argentine idol gets knocked out.

Comment

I like Junior in this one. Got this bad feeling about this for Serg. JC is a big, ****in kid and can take a beating. Cant wait.

Comment

"nobody loves you"
            -chavez jr

Comment

Perro, I get the feeling that after the 15th, we've seen the last of you. You'll have to create an alt.

When I asked you why you thought Jr was gonna win, all you could come up with is he's tough??

If you need to see what happens when an overrated hypejob finally fights a talented, top shelf fighter, check out Bute/Froch

Comment

JCC JR to Sergio: "You can't be first, but you can be next"

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Bob View Post
                  Perro, I get the feeling that after the 15th, we've seen the last of you. You'll have to create an alt.

When I asked you why you thought Jr was gonna win, all you could come up with is he's tough??

If you need to see what happens when an overrated hypejob finally fights a talented, top shelf fighter, check out Bute/Froch
                  Negative. I'll be here making a jumbo sig of everyone who doubted Chavez Jr. I've actually been saving a few quotes in notepad so I could use them as a sig after Jr. knocks out Maranina.

Comment

Originally posted by Perro View Post
                    Negative. I'll be here making a jumbo sig of everyone who doubted Chavez Jr. I've actually been saving a few quotes in notepad so I could use them as a sig after Jr. knocks out Maranina.
                    How does Chavez Jr. beat Martinez? Don't just say "by imposing his size", tell me how he does it. Does he go to the body? If so, how does he consistently find the body when Maravilla constantly bobs and weaves and bends at the hip like he does? This is a bad style matchup for Chavez in every way.

The only way Martinez loses this is if he makes some colosally huge mistakes. I'm talking getting dragged into a war and abandoning his game plan due to pride or some dumb ****. He needs to fight the way he always does, stick to the plan, and **** this kid up.

The fact is, for Martinez this is a great matchup. When you're a fast-moving, elusive boxer with great power and stamina, who is your ideal opponent? A slow-moving, easy-to-hit brawler who doesn't have one-punch KO power and can't keep up with the pace. Sound like someone we know?
                    Last edited by samouraļ; 09-03-2012, 03:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by streetwaves View Post
                      How does Chavez Jr. beat Martinez? Don't just say "by imposing his size", tell me how he does it. Does he go to the body? If so, how does he consistently find the body when Maravilla leans over like that? This is a bad style matchup for Chavez in every way.

The only way Martinez loses this is if he makes some colosally huge mistakes. I'm talking getting dragged into a war and abandoning his game plan due to pride or some dumb ****. He needs to fight the way he always does, stick to the plan, and **** this kid up.
                      We'll see come Sept 15th.

Comment

Working...
                      X