Collapse
No announcement yet.

Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. vs Sergio Martinez Post Fight Discussion thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think Cotto gets stopped by maravilla at either weight but Cotto is a warrior and would give it his all and the fight would be great!

Comment

• Chavez will balloon up to 220+ while he recovers

Comment

• Cotto vs Martinez would be a total unfair fight! In order for it to be fair you would require Miguels to wear 8 oz gloves with head gear and have Maravilla wear 16 oz sparring gloves

But for real Martinez is too fast for Miguels. Look when Miguels fights fast boxers? He loses and loses bad

Comment

• Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
          At 154, I don't think Martinez stops him. Despite what some people might say, Miguel is a warrior. He's too good for Sergio to go to town like he did against Junior. I believe Martinez would win a UD in an a close, exciting fight. 160 is harder to call. Miguel's never fought at that weight. There's a possibility that "Maravilla" just might be too much for him at middleweight. A catch-weight? I'll go with the same thing I said for 154.
          i can agree with your prediction or view of the fight. his trainer is suppose to be a great one as well. not sure though cause it seemed like they didn't really come up with a really good game plan for mayweather. but then again, they're two different fighters (mayweather and martinez).

cotto won't take it though, i just can't see him being up for the challenge (it's a big task at this stage of his career). we'll see what happens though. any cotto fans willing to bet on it, hit me up (if it ever gets signed, haha)

Comment

• dat eye......

Comment

• Originally posted by chiguy91 View Post
              i can agree with your prediction or view of the fight. his trainer is suppose to be a great one as well. not sure though cause it seemed like they didn't really come up with a really good game plan for mayweather. but then again, they're two different fighters (mayweather and martinez).

cotto won't take it though, i just can't see him being up for the challenge (it's a big task at this stage of his career). we'll see what happens though. any cotto fans willing to bet on it, hit me up (if it ever gets signed, haha)
              This is a good point. I was thinking along these lines. Miguel's taken a couple of nasty beatings, at the hands of Margarito and Pacquiao. He just seems rather uninterested in that kind of challenge anymore. He would take a lot of punishment versus "Maravilla," regardless of the outcome. Cotto has reached a point in his life where he just doesn't need to risk his health anymore. Can't say I blame him.

Comment

• Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
                This is a good point. I was thinking along these lines. Miguel's taken a couple of nasty beatings, at the hands of Margarito and Pacquiao. He just seems rather uninterested in that kind of challenge anymore. He would take a lot of punishment versus "Maravilla," regardless of the outcome. Cotto has reached a point in his life where he just doesn't need to risk his health anymore. Can't say I blame him.
                Yep, in this fight there are two scenarios for Cotto.

He loses, and receives hard punishment from Martínez.

He wins, but still receives hard punishment.

Comment

• Originally posted by Luffy View Post
                  now he has an excuse to not train
                  Dude, is that Georgia Salpa in your avi? She's incredible.

Comment

• Cotto goes to sleep early or late.

Only scenarios I see playing out. Don't care what weight they fight at.

Comment

• Cotto can fight Canelo or Martinez in May, if Cotto beats Trout in the first place. Both are great fights.

Comment

Working...
                      X