Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. vs Sergio Martinez Post Fight Discussion thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by El C@cique@PR View Post
    Thats a deal, then!!
    Alrighty then. Part of me still hopes that Cotto does not take this fight though. I'd rather see Sergio beat the hell outta Canelo lol

Comment

• Serves the little b1tch right, parading around like a champion while he's getting up at 6PM eating fruit loops and ****.

Comment

• Sergio Martinez would stop Miguel Cotto

Yes, I know I'll get some crap from the hardcore Cotto fans. But Sergio, at 160 or even a 157 CW or something, will stop Cotto.

Sergio is just all wrong for Cotto. If this happens next year, someone needs to bump this thread.

Comment

• Originally posted by BoxingScenery View Post
          true, but situations like these remind me why 15 round fights should not be brought back. None of us knew how hurt the guy was really, he's still a human being - he was never staggered, 3 more rounds of that would not look good for the "sport."

like mentioned, this fight was basically pacquiao-margs for the first 11 rounds with noticeably less exchanges, I mean Margarito at least threw punches until the final bell...that body work by Martinez took Junior out of it. Great performance
          Good point. There's no telling what kind of irreparable damage Junior would've suffered if that fight went three more rounds. (Of course, there will be those that'll swear to the end that Chavez would've taken the fight if it went three more rounds. lol) As it is, Junior might never be the same.

Personally, I don't mind watching a guy take a superficial beating. But it does concern me when someone appears seriously hurt, like that Martinez KO over Williams. You feel like you might've just witnessed someone die right before your eyes.

Comment

• Martinez's movement and 12 round stamina is going to give everyone trouble. I think in this dept he had an edge now over both Mayweather and Pac who both seem to not have the same leg speed and movement as before. This is providing he comes back healthy with regards to his knee and hand issues and is the same guy he was Sat night.

Comment

• Originally posted by streetwaves View Post
              Serves the little b1tch right, parading around like a champion while he's getting up at 6PM eating fruit loops and ****.
              Agree.
              Im glad dude got an ass whooping. Maybe he will take training more serious.

Comment

• Speed kills

Comment

• He will get ****d. The same thing that happen with cotto vs pac will happen in this fight. Cotto will do the chicked dance when getting caught with punches he doesnt see comming by the faster martinez. He will go on retreat mode for the rest of the fight while martinez beats him to a pulp,

Comment

• He's too strong for Cotto... He beat the crap out of Jr who was 180 on fight night, and that's with Jr fighting in a shell.

Comment

• NO!!!!.... He would retire him.
                      I laugh so hard when his groupies say that he [Cotto] would beat Maravilla. Lulz

Comment

Working...
                      X