No announcement yet.

Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. vs Sergio Martinez Post Fight Discussion thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WESS View Post
    I hope they release the fight night weights...
    What you thinking; 167lbs vs 189lbs?

I reckon it would be close to that. The size difference was huge, as expected. The only reason this fight went the full 12.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cigarillo View Post
      Let me try this again.

Martinez will sign to fight Chavez Jr again in a rematch early to mid next year.

Do you get that?

I said Martinez RUINED a fight with Floyd by almost getting KTFO. Did you even listen to Martinez post fight interview?
      Sorry how does it ruin a fight with Mayweather exactly?

Are you getting the excuses in early?

Comment

• Originally posted by jreckoning View Post
        Chavez refused to step on the HBO scale.

That just means he weighed more than he wanted to let on.
        Anyone think Martinez fought a CW tonight?

Comment

• Originally posted by jreckoning View Post
          Of course he isn't.

He won't get one though.
          Obviously not.

Thats why Burner is making excuses already.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cigarillo View Post
            Rematch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You know its going down. Serg didnt impress me acting like his socks were on fire give Jr the damn mic.
            Originally posted by check hook View Post
            STFU already you crying little b*tch!!!!!
            Originally posted by Lorily View Post
            But if it was Mayweather in there you would've said it was a brilliant performance, right? It's 'hit and don't get hit', right?

Jr. has always been used to the guys who cooperate and stand there and try to trade with him. He has no answer when they use movement, just like in the first few rounds of the Lee fight. So Martinez should have just stood there and let Chavez have his way with him? Funny you don't call it 'running' when it's Floyd doing the moving (back in the day, not so much now) - say like when Floyd fought Baldomir?
            No response Burner? Or maybe you just missed this post? Do you really believe Sergio should have just followed Chavez's game plan like all his other opponents do, and stand there and let him get his digs in??? C'mon.

Comment

• Originally posted by Davis40 View Post
              I don't know about that. Hagler Hopkins Jones. They would murder this guy.
              Hagler? Probably. Jones? Most likely. Bernard? When did he jump into that category of greatness? Dont get me wrong, I LOVE Bernard, think he's great..but I dont think he'd have beat Martinez. Their styles are just so drastically different that I dont think Bernard could have imposed his will. Martinez's movement is insane. Hes the barry sanders of middleweight.

I love how people are talking about Martinez's movement like its a bad thing. Dude hit and didnt get hit. He fought the ideal boxing match. Its not like he wasnt throwing and giving opportunities...but Chavez wasnt willing to throw at the cost of being hit cleanly like his father. Hes tough...but he doesnt have the special kind of toughness.
              Last edited by NearHypnos; 09-16-2012, 12:04 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
                Sorry how does it ruin a fight with Mayweather exactly?

Are you getting the excuses in early?
                Martinez didnt feel good about the win. Ofcourse hes going to rematch him again on PPV. Take the money and go from there.

Stop trying to be cute. There will be a rematch. Even Kellerman didnt try to spin his usaul Floyd shyt. Martinez is a damn 160 Pounder.

They are fighting again.

Comment

• Originally posted by WESS View Post
                  Top 5 P4P
                  1. Ward
                  2. Martinez
                  3. Floyd
                  4. JMM
                  5. Donair

People can argue Martinez' spot, as Chavez is a fraud which shouldn't put Martinez that high on the list. However, I think he deserves the spot.
                  I dont even like Floyd and I wouldn't put Martinez over him. I think a win over Cotto was a much better win than Martinez beating Chavez.

Comment

• Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
                    Soooooooooo you want age to catch up with Martinez that way Floyd has an easier fight?
                    That would be why I don't even like the fight at 154 like always gets suggested, I think Sergio would look broke at the weight and I don't need to see an old fighter not fighting near his best. It would still be a good win I guess but wouldn't do much for me personally.

It would have to be 160 maybe 158 for me to really like it.

Comment

• Originally posted by JRM View Post
                      if it was like the old days and fights were 15 rounds Chavez sends him out on a stretcher. True Story!
                      wahhh booo hoooo it isn't the old days so cry yourself to sleep

Comment

Working...
                      X