No announcement yet.

Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. vs Sergio Martinez Post Fight Discussion thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WESS View Post
    I hope they release the fight night weights...
    Chavez wasn't weighed IIRC

Comment

• Top 5 P4P
      1. Ward
      2. Martinez
      3. Floyd
      4. JMM
      5. Donair

People can argue Martinez' spot, as Chavez is a fraud which shouldn't put Martinez that high on the list. However, I think he deserves the spot.

Comment

• Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
        Arum actually can do that. He offers a fight to DiBella/Martinez.

Martinez knows he can beat Chavez Jr again, that's why he didn't hesitate agreeing to the rematch. Chavez wants it too. Depending on the PPV #'s, HBO will most likely bring the fight again to PPV.

Chavez Jr I, Chavez Jr II, and then Mayweather Jr is more money.

Chavez Jr, then a possible loss to Mayweather, Chavez Jr would be gone by then, he'd be at 168.

Martinez could fight Chavez Jr again, Mayweather isn't going anywhere. That fight will be there for next year. He could fight both Chavez Jr and Mayweather in 2013, but in that order. He can't fight Mayweather Jr, possibly lose to him, and then fight Chavez Jr at 168.
        Sergio Martinez isnt turning down a fight with Mayweather. Full stop. Or "Period" as you lot say.

Comment

• Originally posted by WESS View Post
          I hope they release the fight night weights...

Chavez refused to step on the HBO scale.

That just means he weighed more than he wanted to let on.

Comment

• Originally posted by big_james10 View Post
            When the guy who has success for 90 seconds is a HBO house fighter, it does warrant a rematch.

The only difference between this fight and the Mayweather/Mosley fight is that Mosley's 90 seconds took place in the second round. If it had taken place in the 12th round like this one did, Larry Merchant would have asked Floyd after the fight how he felt about almost getting knocked out instead of how he felt about dominating the fight for 11.5 rounds.

JCC got a chance for the title, he lost a clear-cut fight. There's other people in line now......Uhhhhhhh.....sorry bro. HBO doesn't run boxing. And just because your "HBO house fighter" has millions of countrymen supporting him, doesn't entitle him to anything. GGG or Geale are next in line and as long as Floyd doesn't fight Martinez, one of those fights will/should happen.

Sorry, bro.
            Last edited by King_; 09-16-2012, 12:06 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
              You mentioned Floyd Mayweather. Bob Arum can do fuk all to prevent Floyd Mayweather fighting Sergio Martinez
              Let me try this again.

Martinez will sign to fight Chavez Jr again in a rematch early to mid next year.

Do you get that?

I said Martinez RUINED a fight with Floyd by almost getting KTFO. Did you even listen to Martinez post fight interview?

Comment

• can't help thinking about how different this board would be just now if that last round hadn't went that way. JR would be getting crucified lol.

great way to end the night. I'm going to bed happy

Comment

• Originally posted by RapidFire26 View Post
                  I'm not so sure Golovkin doesn't beat both of them now given his power.
                  Depends how he takes those left hands though.

Yes he has power, but we've not seen him in against anyone close to Sergio's level or with that level of speed and power. I'm not as sold on GGG as others are, not until I see him beat some top level fighters.

I'd have Martinez winning that one via stoppage.

Comment

• Originally posted by PACnPBFsuck View Post
                    They can't for Jr, he never stepped on the scale again according to Jim
                    I thought he just didn't want to release the weight.... well that is ****ty.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
                      Sergio Martinez isnt turning down a fight with Mayweather. Full stop. Or "Period" as you lot say.

Of course he isn't.

He won't get one though.

Comment

Working...
                      X