Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fighter you hated, that eventually became one of your favorites?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would have to say; Yori Boy Campas- Dude sucked but he had such a big heart and balls. Never gave up.

I hated John Ruiz and still do!!!! Worst boxer ever in my opinion

Comment

Roy Jones Jr because he destroyed my boy James Toney! lol

Ray Leonard...I just felt he was PRIVILEGED and the Media use to kiss this guys A$$, did was a bigger "MEDIA DARLING" then Oscar and Pacquiao COMBINED! And some of you think the A$$ Kissing from Lampley and Merchant towards Pacquiao is bad now...The Sucking Up To Ray Leonard was FAR WORSE! Plus I was more of a Duran, Hearns and Hagler fan

But Looking back no question Ray Leonard was one of the GREATS as was Roy Jones Jr. despite the fact that I was not a fan of either of them
      Last edited by sicko; 08-28-2012, 06:21 PM.

Comment

Chavez jr.

B-Hop all time leader!!

Comment

NUMBER ONE: FLOYD

I was a casual fan before, and casual fans just love excitement, knockouts, blood, wars and everything, so I hated him.. I just couldn't see his greatness before and I was dam bored during his fights.

But when I furthered watch boxing, I eventually like him and think he's one of the best and I appreciate everything he does in the ring, sad to say most filipino's think he's boring..

NUMBER TWO: Hatton

I hated his wrestling style... but now, I like him and want him back, because I believe in his prime days he would've bullied the likes of bradley, alexander, khan, danny and JMM at 140 or even a 140 version of cotto.. yes he often hugs and clinch, but I believe they would have had a nightmare against him at 140..

Comment

Floyd
            Froch
            B-Hop - not a favorite , but I went from hating to respecting then liking
            Haye - to a degree

Comment

im always off and on with hopkins lol

Comment

Floyd..............................

Comment

I didn't like Khan at first, but as time went on, I grew to become a fan. Paulie Malignaggi too, I thought he shoulda been on Jersey Shore and not the Ring, but after his fights with Diaz, I gained a lot of respect for him.

Comment

Originally posted by El Angel View Post
                    Ever had a fighter you didn't realy like or always rooted against, then have performance that made you stop and reevaluate them? I never hated Floyd Mayweather, but never rooted for him to win any fight. Then going up against Cotto at 154, apparently with a cold and a hurt hand, according to Dan Rafael.

http://espn.go.com/blog/dan-rafael/p...ont-stop-floyd

I though when Cotto gave him hell in the 8th, that Mayweather start to bounce away and potshot Cotto the rest of the night to avoid damage. He came right back at Cotto and rocked him in the 12th. I'm not a huge Money Man fan now, but I respect him and would root him to beat most fighters now.
                    Wlad Klitschko

I didn't really like him to begin with, and then his Boxingscene fans made me dislike him even more

but in the last year or so, since I saw how he behaved and how he handled Haye, I have a newfound respect for the man and the fighter that Wlad is, and instead of letting his flaws dictate my appreciation of him, I focus on the good, and the good easily surpasses the bad in his case

I can say I'm a Wlad fan now

Comment

I got quite a few...but Cotto is the 1 that sticks out on my list....I hated that dude a few years ago...today, thats my man...much respect!!

Comment

Working...
                      X