Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Rigondeaux's Emergency Motion is Denied, Fight Still Off

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rigo needs to watch out for the sh***ie contracts he signs, he will continue to have this kind of inconvenience time and time again, when you have two promoters that don't talk things out, Arum Should have known that there would be conflict of interest with Gary Hyde. they should have the best interest of the fighter.

I can't blame Gary Hyde for wanting the best and bigest fights, he wants money from his investment and he exercising his right to exploit Rigo.
    I feel for Rigo

Comment

Originally posted by whoseyourdaddy View Post
      Rigo needs to watch out for the sh***ie contracts he signs, he will continue to have this kind of inconvenience time and time again, when you have two promoters that don't talk things out, Arum Should have known that there would be conflict of interest with Gary Hyde. they should have the best interest of the fighter.

I can't blame Gary Hyde for wanting the best and bigest fights, he wants money from his investment and he exercising his right to exploit Rigo.
      I feel for Rigo
      Above all else, this is what makes the least sense to me. How do Arum and his Top Rank associates miss something as simple as this? It's all very bush-league.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Ropes View Post
        Does anyone know if Top Rank is trying to schedule another undercard fight for September 15? Since this one is cancelled
        Oscar Gonzalez is fighting Marroquin.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
          Above all else, this is what makes the least sense to me. How do Arum and his Top Rank associates miss something as simple as this? It's all very bush-league.
          It's DuBoef not Arum.

Arum doesn't really run the company as much anymore. He has his son-in-law take care of the business end while he conducts all the interviews and press conferences.

Comment

You would think a manager works for his fighter and not against his fighter. It's not like Hyde wasn't going to get paid his due. Also, it's hard to imagine a Marroquin fight being any less financially sound than Hyde's previously approved fights (Teon, Rico, Casey Cordoba). Rigo just started to gain some momentum and this would've marked his 3rd fight this year, compared to only 1 in his previous year. What a damn shame that a fighter can't even pick who he's going to risk his health and career against without getting motions filed against him.

Comment

Rigo needs to get a good lawyer and cut all these leeches away from him. What a mess. This is what happens when a Cuban talent comes to the US and gets manipulated into ridiculous agreements between multiple parties.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
                r u kidding me top rank went behind hydes back on purpose

Comment

Originally posted by Cubanborn87 View Post
                  r u kidding me top rank went behind hydes back on purpose
                  Hey, maybe you know that, but I don't. lol

Anyway, whether it was overlooked or intentional, it all amounts to the same thing: Top Rank has been weak in this affair. It's not like Hyde wasn't going to find out. Silly, silly stuff.

Comment

Man, Rigs should really be like 25-0 (18 kos) by now....Idon't get WTF is going on with the guy's career.

Comment

Cubans are going thru a lot of adversities...rigo VA a tener Que ir a Africa y enterrar UN elefante!!

Comment

Working...
                      X