Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did Hopkins ever go back to the projects?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

kind of random why is hops getting hate all of sudden?
    4 years too late for this thread did hops throw a filipino flag or something??

Comment

Originally posted by Rasheed Mexico View Post
      LMFAO!!!!!!

I think B-hop is a great fighter. I also think Calzaghe is a great fighter as well.

However you dudes need to slow down as b-hop lost to almost every elite prime fighter his size. Sure he beat Pascal, Tarver and Tito (full credit for those wins) but for every one of those there are loses to Roy Jones, Calzaghe, Dawson, Taylor etc. If they aren't moving up in weight to face B-hop, then it's been a loss for Hopkins (minus the Tarver fight).

So before you try to trash Calzaghe's career.....be careful as the same can be done to b-hops.
      any respectable person who matters has hopkins in the top 100 of all time. That's all time great status. JC? Not many people have him top 100.

and yeah, all of those losses you mentioned besides jones he was past 40 years of age (taylor, calzahge and dawson). 3 out of the 4 are highly debatable as well and could have gone either way. That's a past prime 40+ year old hopkins. Not too many people in history of boxing were fighting on an elite level like hopkins did post 40, not too mention moved up two weight classes at age 41.
      Last edited by ИATAS; 09-04-2012, 10:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Eric Holder View Post
        pwnage
        Hopkins absolutely lost that fight. The least b-hop fans can do is give Calzaghe credit for being a great fighter. There is no same in lose to another elite fighter.

Comment

"racism is fine....when BHop does it!"

"was only for the shock factor, it's fine cause BHop is from da ghetto!"

lmao.

Comment

Originally posted by THE ИATAS View Post
            any respectable person who matters has hopkins in the top 100 of all time. That's all time great status. JC? Not many people have him top 100.

and yeah, all of those losses you mentioned he was past 40 years of age (taylor, calzahge and dawson). 3 out of the 4 are debatable as well.
            Okay I see where you are coming from. I have b-hop in my top 50. I thought you were saying greatest of all time as in top 10 all-time great.

However, I'm not here to bash b-hop per say......just do to b-hop what people do to calzaghe.

You can throw salt on anyone's career, but the fact is Calzaghe is a great fighter. It's not his fault that his division was weak and he did what he could given the opportunities in front of him.

Comment

Originally posted by Rasheed Mexico View Post
              Okay I see where you are coming from. I have b-hop in my top 50. I thought you were saying greatest of all time as in top 10 all-time great.
              when I use all time great, or when I read others saying it generally I've always taken this as top 100.

You can throw salt on anyone's career, but the fact is Calzaghe is a great fighter. It's not his fault that his division was weak and he did what he could given the opportunities in front of him.
              I think joe was a good fighter, I wouldn't go as far as to call him great since he never proved it. Him fighting in a weak division isn't really a valid excuse in my opinion as there were a lot of opportunities over many years to fight much higher qualities guys. Hell, glen johnson would have been a great fight for him and he ended up turning it down or pulling out on three separate occasions. This is where a lot of Joe's criticism comes from; his lack of willingness to fight anyone significant for over 10 years, and then ended his career on a pretty lame note. Not that he was a terrible fighter. He was a good fighter.

Again my opinion, but I believe he fell in love with the idea of being undefeated and then retiring undefeated and unfortunately that led him to take the easy road the vast majority of the time. Like someone else said if he would have lost early in his career it probably would have done him wonders. But who knows.

Comment

I should ban you just because Im bored.

Dont make another ******ed thread or Ill do it in my sleep.

Comment

Working...
                X