Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Dawson's Trainer Wonders if Andre Ward Can Adjust

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Virgil Hunter said it best with the Uzi and .38 comparison. Ward will be fine. He knows how to win, that's an intangible you cant teach to fighters.

Comment

If Dawson is weight drained,his skills,talent and physical advantages will be irrelevant in this fight.

Comment

He doesn't even give any indicator as to what these mysterious adjustments are whatsoever.

He's so ambiguous it demonstrates less of an understanding of the match up on their side, rather than promote belief in their side.

Comment

We know that Ward can fight well on the inside. But what happens if Dawson makes this an outside fight....Andre is good there too, but is he good enough to beat Chad at that range?

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
            We know that Ward can fight well on the inside. But what happens if Dawson makes this an outside fight....Andre is good there too, but is he good enough to beat Chad at that range?
            I don't think so. Dawson wins if he keeps Ward on the back foot and at a distance.

Comment

Originally posted by SixFootGiant View Post
              Virgil Hunter said it best with the Uzi and .38 comparison. Ward will be fine. He knows how to win, that's an intangible you cant teach to fighters.
              Some are obviously taking these sound bites WAY too literal. That would be applicable if Chad were the individual that didn't KNOW "HOW" to use an "UZI" but thats not at all the case.

Even when Chad fights flat, he's effective and hard to beat. (ask Glen Johnson and Pascal, who needs to thank his head for creating the cut more than anything because he was on his way to losing that fight. ).

Comment

Originally posted by boxingfeind View Post
                If Dawson is weight drained,his skills,talent and physical advantages will be irrelevant in this fight.
                Why is Chad being "weight drained" part of the discussion? You really think him knowing this fight would be at 168 and he was 176 at the 30 day weigh in that he'd be weight drained come fight day??

Comment

I hope this is not their mentality going into this fight ! Ward has made adjustment against everyone of his last 6 opponents! Dawson is the one who does not adjust or has not had to adjust - Andre ward has not lost a fight since he was like 12 years old - he is going to beat the brakes off dawson, and no- being weight drained will not be an excuse. dawson lacks the mental fortitude to beat a ward, dawson is going to have to turn into a dog to beat ward. And i do not see it in him, if he has a mental lapse its over ! lets put this into perspective Andre Dirrell was next in line to get his shot at a title and he was next in line for the super six against Ward! this dude has not been the same and didn't even fight him - he knew he wasn't prepaired physically nor mentally - Ward trains with the same intensity as Floyd Mayweather! meaning everyday he puts in a couple hours - Wards opponents quit by the 4th round, dawson's opponents still have a punchers chance going into the championship rounds. do not give this dude the weight drained excuse, he is already walking around at like 174 - this fight will be good for as long as it lasts - trust me

Comment

Ward by clear decision...his will is stronger than Dawson's and he's never tasted defeat in the pro ranks...it may be competitive early but I wouldn't be suprised if Ward's pressure and workrate will break Chad down and have him quit mentally...

Comment

Originally posted by ThePhantom5 View Post
                      I don't think so. Dawson wins if he keeps Ward on the back foot and at a distance.
                      Thats true. That is in essense Dawsons key to victory. I cannot see him execute that at all though. Ward is just too fast and he will get on the inside and smother Dawson. Dawson wil have to get the uppercut going to have chance.

... Or maybe work a bit on that shoulder tackle he used to take out old popkins.

Comment

Working...
                      X