Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Marroquin Seeks New Opponent, Rigondeaux Scratched

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And you guys accused Donaire of ducking Rigondeaux????

imagine Nonito trying to negotiate with a guy whose legal situation is a complete cluster****....

glad he didnt waste his time and is now fighting the King of 122....

Comment

The goverment has to put some order into the pro boxing, it has to be like any other pro sport

Comment

The Miami-based attorney of southpaw WBA junior featherweight beltholder and two-time Olympic gold medalist Guillermo Rigondeaux has filed an "emergency" motion on the fighter's behalf which seeks to allow him to defend his belt against Robert Marroquin on Sept. 15.

Rigondeaux-Marroquin was scheduled for the undercard of an HBO Pay Per View-televised main between Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. and Sergio Martinez at the Thomas and Mack Center in Las Vegas, but is in jeopardy, according to Pat English, an attorney for Rigondeaux's Irish promoter, Gary Hyde.

English said he received the written order from Miami-Dade County judge David Miller on Thursday which forbids Rigondeaux (10-0, 8 knockouts) from facing Marroquin (22-1, 15 KOs) because the bout was not approved by Hyde.

"The original hearing was on our motion to strike [Hyde's contract,] so now we have a motion for a rehearing that is pending," said Guy Spiegelman, Rigondeaux's attorney. "It's a procedural thing. The court will probably consider it. I don't know if the court will reverse itself, but this thing is far from over."

Comment

why is this thread done in the tradition of a "comments thread?"

i'm not saying that i mind, only that it's worthy

Comment

Crazy at how many people are lining their pockets off Rigo's hard work. These Cuban nationals defected to have better opportunities and now they've got sharks circling for every penny they can get. If no Rigo vs Marroquin than I'd love to see Marquez vs Viloria take it's place over Marroquin vs some mid level contender.

Comment

If the Judge sees Rigondeaux World Interim Belt as a World Title Hyde's contract is over and Rigondeaux can do whatever he wants, Hyde's is saying that GBP offer was better but I haven't read or see anything for real, only what Hyde is saying...

Comment

Originally posted by garfios View Post
                If the Judge sees Rigondeaux World Interim Belt as a World Title Hyde's contract is over and Rigondeaux can do whatever he wants, Hyde's is saying that GBP offer was better but I haven't read or see anything for real, only what Hyde is saying...
                that golden boy deal is juicy bro , is a donaire type of deal

Comment

Originally posted by Cubanborn87 View Post
                  that golden boy deal is juicy bro , is a donaire type of deal
                  That's what they are saying, but is it true, what else is on the menu?
                  PS. Maybe GR wants to stay with TR because he really want Donaire, who knows...

Comment

Originally posted by garfios View Post
                    That's what they are saying, but is it true, what else is on the menu?
                    PS. Maybe GR wants to stay with TR because he really want Donaire, who knows...
                    Probably not worth it. He's risking ruining his career...

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
                      Probably not worth it. He's risking ruining his career...
                      I heard this before, Gamboa's name comes to mind, boxers need to get their hands on their careers, boxes like SRL, ODLH, Hagler, Floyd just to mention a few were/are very successful others that didn't are broke...

Comment

Working...
                      X