No announcement yet.

Arum Trying To Force Cotto To Accept A Catchweight Or Go H2H

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
    1st off, it's not arum that really wants Cotto it's Pacman. He tried before Cotto chose Floyd at a mannyweight of 148, he's trying yet again at yet another mannyweight.

Arum is just doing what Pacman wants. I'm sure the fight arum wants over all else is the Bradley rematch. But it's ok, what Pacman wants he gets. Even if what he wants makes sense only to him I guess.

They're trying to force the catchweight on Cotto that much is clear. The sad thing is that Pacman fans will defend it saying Pacman doesn't want to fight above 147. That's fine, but why are they constantly trying to force Cotto into a catchweight??

For a great fighter, Pacman gets too much passes. Floyd didn't make 154, but he fought Cotto there. Pacman already destroyed the man & it seems that the only people that think Pacman beats Cotto without the catchweight are his fans because he clearly doesn't believe it that much is obvious.
    ARe you implying that pac-cotto 2 isn't about competition or challenge but to help maximise ppv's manny can sell, the hope being that it sells as much or more than floyd/cotto?

Comment

1st off, it's not arum that really wants Cotto it's Pacman. He tried before Cotto chose Floyd at a mannyweight of 148, he's trying yet again at yet another mannyweight.

Arum is just doing what Pacman wants. I'm sure the fight arum wants over all else is the Bradley rematch. But it's ok, what Pacman wants he gets. Even if what he wants makes sense only to him I guess.

They're trying to force the catchweight on Cotto that much is clear. The sad thing is that Pacman fans will defend it saying Pacman doesn't want to fight above 147. That's fine, but why are they constantly trying to force Cotto into a catchweight??

For a great fighter, Pacman gets too much passes. Floyd didn't make 154, but he fought Cotto there. Pacman already destroyed the man & it seems that the only people that think Pacman beats Cotto without the catchweight are his fans because he clearly doesn't believe it that much is obvious.
      Why would Arum want the Bradley rematch? I don't think that made him any money - I honestly don't think they even cracked a mil, 900k tops, it could've been less, could've been closer to Clottey numbers. How is Manny going to get 50-50 out of Floyd pulling those digits? I just don't see an Arum/financial incentive.

edit: don't get me wrong, I like that fight, I just don't see Arum being in any rush to make it unless all other options fail and that's not something that would be admitted to the public, obviously.
      Last edited by SCEN3RY; 08-23-2012, 09:18 AM.

Comment

Cotto's last notable win was in 2007.

He has amazing fans.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
          ARe you implying that pac-cotto 2 isn't about competition or challenge but to help maximise ppv's manny can sell, the hope being that it sells as much or more than floyd/cotto?
          If that's what you got from that post, I feel bad for you son.

Originally posted by BoxingScenery View Post
          Why would Arum want the Bradley rematch? I don't think that made him any money - I honestly don't think they even cracked a mil, 900k tops, it could've been less, could've been closer to Clottey numbers. How is Manny going to get 50-50 out of Floyd pulling those digits? I just don't see an Arum/financial incentive.

edit: don't get me wrong, I like that fight, I just don't see Arum being in any rush to make it unless all other options fail and that's not something that would be admitted to the public, obviously.
          Mentioned nothing bout Pac/Floyd. Ship has sailed, useless fight atm. But Pacman Bradley 2 raises Bradley's star power. He might even actually win the rematch then arum can dump Pacman & move forward with the younger, better all around fighter. A no brainer really.

Comment

Cotto needs to stand firm and stick to his date with a possible Canelo fight on the horizon. Hell I'm sure him vs Josesito would do great if Lopez somehow upsets the Ginger in an exciting back & forth fight that captivates the public.

All I know is that if Manny ain't fighting Floyd - and vice versa - I ain't wasting my time ordering their fights.

Comment

I don't understand why Manny wouldn't fight Cotto at 154. Since they think they are better then Floyd and Floyd has taken risk against bigger opponents all the time then why not fight a guy at 154 to prove a point? Even if you couldn't make the weight it didn't stop Floyd from taking the fight knowing he wouldn't either.

Comment

Mentioned nothing bout Pac/Floyd. Ship has sailed, useless fight atm. But Pacman Bradley 2 raises Bradley's star power. He might even actually win the rematch then arum can dump Pacman & move forward with the younger, better all around fighter. A no brainer really.
                So Arum wants the rematch because Bradley "might even actually win." Yeah, word it like that and you can't help but instill confidence, a no-brainer indeed.

If it's such a no-brainer, why would Arum make such dispassionate comments about a rematch:

http://www.boxingscene.com/arum-talk...dley-ii--55885

Mentioned nothing bout Pac/Floyd. Ship has sailed, useless fight atm.
                no, you didn't. i was speaking of the bigger perspective, kind of like you were since pac-bradley had nothing to do with this thread neither....get it? btw, ship hasn't sailed if they're still the two biggest draws, let alone in the same division.
                Last edited by SCEN3RY; 08-23-2012, 09:48 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingScenery View Post
                  So Arum wants the rematch because Bradley "might even actually win." Yeah, word it like that and you can't help but instill confidence, a no-brainer indeed.

If it's such a no-brainer, why would Arum make such dispassionate comments about a rematch:

http://www.boxingscene.com/arum-talk...dley-ii--55885
                  Because he's arum??

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
                    Wait, forgive me, I didn't recognize the sarcasm. Which I find rather hypocritical coming from you especially. Considering you just pointed out team Pacman & arum doing what they do to compete with Floyd financially & pointing out the fight not being about competition or challenge meanwhile defending every financial smart business move that Floyd does while refusing to recognize that Floyd doesn't fight for challenge or competition himself. But all the while knowing that claim that he could beat the likes of Duran who has actually fought & beat genuinely great fighters. Weird.

Comment

Wait, forgive me, I didn't recognize the sarcasm. Which I find rather hypocritical coming from you especially. Considering you just pointed out team Pacman & arum doing what they do to compete with Floyd financially & pointing out the fight not being about competition or challenge meanwhile defending every financial smart business move that Floyd does while refusing to recognize that Floyd doesn't fight for challenge or competition himself. But all the while knowing that claim that he could beat the likes of Duran who has actually fought & beat genuinely great fighters. Weird.
                      I just PM'd you on this. I know with my track record you'd assumed I'm being sarcstic, but I really wasn't. It just seemed you were hinting at the ulterior mortive.

Yes, I think floyd can beat duran. But i've at least seen both at or near their peaks fighting live. if you watch Pedroza/Duran 1 or Kirkland laing/Duran you can see why I reach the conclusion.

Comment

Working...
                      X