Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who ended Margrito's career?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

margarito chose to end his own career, there was still alot of fights out there for him if he wanted it. the beatings obviously had alot ot do with it, but i think its silyl to try and look at one fight to say thats what retired him.

shane took the most out of him physicly, cotto killed the most future offers. call it wha you will. end of the day tony had a long physical career, those last three fights were just a drop in the ocean in terms of the punches he took over the years. it was all his fights that wore him down and prompted him to retire.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
      Brother Nazim started.

Mosley finished it.

Pacman confirmed it.

Cotto co-signed the resignation.

In that order.

Comment

Pacquiao.....

Comment

This is just my personal opinion but I think it was an accumulation of damage that started the end of Margarito's career from the Margs/Cotto 1. I might be in the minority with that opinion but in Cotto Vs. Marg's, Cotto was hitting Marg's with some very hard shots. Even though Marg's won the fight it doesn't mean that Cotto wasn't able to leave some long term damage to Margarito's endurance. Then instead of getting an old and complacent Sugar Shane Mosely he got caught with tampered hand wraps and got take out with some devistating punches. Shane showed a great game plan and excellent timing and put it on Margarito but it wasn't a sustained battle like Marg's previous fight with Cotto. The combination of those two fights in my opinion took the prime right out of Margarito. You would have thought that a long lay off from the hand wrap scandal would have given him time to recoup some of what he lost. But the total domination that Pac put on Marg's clearly showed that Margarito has never been the same post Cotto vs Margs 1. His supposed chin and durability had been non existant since fighting Cotto in their first fight.

Comment

Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
            Pacquiao.....

Comment

Marg was never the same after Cotto 1 that fight took something out of both guys.

Comment

pacquiao since he ruined his eye.

sure, he got exposed by mosley first and beat up by cotto last. but if not for his eye I'm sure he'd still be fighting guys today.

Comment

Originally posted by the larryx View Post
                  Shane,Manny or Cotto...now Manny did break his orbital bone ..but in the Shane fight he was caught cheating and got knocked the hell out and suspended plus lost his belt he was never the same again........Now Cotto was his last fight and it was a revenge fight but imo the damage was already done,but it was good for Cotto's mental state...vote and discuss who ended Tijuana Tornado's run?

he did it

Comment

That night against Mosley is what got the ball rolling. The handwrap scandal combined with the butt whooping he got from Mosley is what really damaged his career. The fight against Manny is what ended and the Cotto fight really shouldn't have happened. Mosley was the beginning of the end and Pacquiao confirmed it.

Comment

How come an option for Roberto Garcia wasn't put up there. He's the guy who Gave this idiot Plasterito the confidence to actually hink he could win withought cheating.

Comment

Working...
                      X