No announcement yet.

Who ended Margrito's career?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sparkman0811 View Post
    Nah, Margarito came with it. The fight took a lot out of both fighters. Pacquiao has not been the same since that fight. It was the size advantage. This is why Pacquiao has no plans of fighting at 154. Say what you want, but Margarito got his in that night, as well.
    It was purely stylistic imo and due to the size. Styles make fights and marg was bound to get his in against anyone who couldnt ko him. Even Cotto in the second fight didnt come out unscathed. Its a testament to the beating Marg took at the hands of shane. I think Shane wasnt even sweating at the time of stoppage.

Marg was done after Shane/scandal. His next fight after Shane proved it.

Comment

Shane and Cotto. Manny picked up the scraps like usual

Comment

Originally posted by solo20 View Post
        i agree Marg took somthing from Pac. Didnt they say Margs was the figther that landed the most on Pac of all the figthers he had fougth
        I am not sure. It's just that people don't really look into how fights affect both winner and loser. People who don't really know about fighting will only look at the beating the loser took. Certain fights will take a lot out of fighters, regardless of who won. Sustained action & hard physical fights are the formula. There is a reason you hear the phrase "leave it all in the ring" a lot in boxing. Look at Meldrick Taylor against J.C Chavez in their first fight. He was clearly winning the fight but took a brutal beating up until the stoppage.

Comment

i'm in the minority who voted Cotto. Even though Margs won that first fight, margs was never the same again. Shane and Manny obviously have legit cases too but i always looked at Margs post Cotto 1 as the same as Chico Corrales post the first fight with Castillo. Even though he won in an awesome fight. he was never quite the same...

Comment

Originally posted by THE_BIG_HURT View Post
            i'm in the minority who voted Cotto. Even though Margs won that first fight, margs was never the same again. Shane and Manny obviously have legit cases too but i always looked at Margs post Cotto 1 as the same as Chico Corrales post the first fight with Castillo. Even though he won in an awesome fight. he was never quite the same...

his gloves were loaded.

Comment

Well, let's see. Who did Margarito fight last? Miguel Cotto. Thus, by way of scientific deduction, it is clear that Miguel Cotto did in fact end Antonio Margarito's career.

Comment

shane dug his grave and manny burried him ,cotto didnt do anything at all....when margo fought cotto in the rematch he was clearly already done...he was very slow the reflexes he once had were gone his balance was terrible he only had one eye...he was a walking mummy in that fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Smashed Ixnay View Post
                  Shane ended it as in that he'd never win a big fight again. Manny ended it as in he would never be able to fight again. Yes, I know he did still, but he shouldn't have fought any after that.
                  cosign

Comment

Originally posted by Sparkman0811 View Post
                    I am not sure. It's just that people don't really look into how fights affect both winner and loser. People who don't really know about fighting will only look at the beating the loser took. Certain fights will take a lot out of fighters, regardless of who won. Sustained action & hard physical fights are the formula. There is a reason you hear the phrase "leave it all in the ring" a lot in boxing. Look at Meldrick Taylor against J.C Chavez in their first fight. He was clearly winning the fight but took a brutal beating up until the stoppage.
                    I agree with your point. Thats why I have say the first Cotto fight was the last time Margarito fought at his prime. It was all downhill from there on. Margarito was always slow and had terrible defense, but he just seemed lethargic when he'd let his hands go in his fights after that.

Comment

It was undeniably Shane, because he exposed his cheating.

Comment

Working...
                      X