Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HBO may be going dark on Oct 6th as an acceptable foe for Broner could not be found

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by snoopymiller View Post
    THrow him in with the guy that upset Jorge Linares.
    This. Broner ain't got a strap at lightweight, he could fight any of the contenders as his first fight. What's the deal? Is HBO's willing to televise an 8 rounder with Russel ****ing Jordan, why is there no opponent to be found?

****, I would be fine with Yoshi Kato. It's his first (well, second) fight at 135, if you cant secure a top contender why not stay busy?

Comment

Originally posted by ElBossHogg View Post
      probably tried to push some BS fight to HBO and hbo like naw we aint paying for that, so now they searching for oppenent HBO will pay for.
      Maybe there's a way both can get what they want.

Rocky Juarez

Comment

How could they not find some1 for Broner to fight? The 135-140 weight classes are stacked.

Comment

he just entered a new division, and they can't find literally not 1 opponent that'll be deemed "acceptable"? that sounds like bullshit. and why would broner be on world championship boxing? he doesn't hold any titles and i doubt he would be fighting for one in his debut? i mean i thought that's where boxing after dark and championship boxing differentiate?

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
            Beltran is the deserving opponent. They wanted Lundy and Lundy got beat so why not Beltran? Better Beltran than a coked up Perez no?

GBP and HBO acting like they're looking for the top guy at 135 and we know that ain't the case.
            u do know he's in line for a title shot rite?

Comment

Originally posted by vacon04 View Post
              Lol no opponents? At 135 Demarco, Abril, Molina, Beltran ... At 140 Prescott, Cuenca, etc etc ...
              he fights at 135. so why mention 140 guys? and Molina is fighting demarco abril is fighting bogere. I don't think HBO would accept beltran. that was probably their pick.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePhantom5 View Post
                Steve Kim ‏@stevemaxboxing
                Looks like HBO may be going dark on Oct 6th as an acceptable foe for Adrien Broner could not be found #boxing
                You follow Steve Kim? I tried that. Had to unfollow. All that wannabe Sportscenter anchor talks about is college sports, the NFL, and anything and everything but boxing.

Comment

I don't get why ppl are complaining about this anyways. everyone who's worth anything in the division is currently fighting someone. there are fringe guys but dies it need to be on HBO? no. would broner get any credit for it?no. so why in the **** are ppl mad about this? let's say he fights Rees or Beltran on HBO. both if those fights are the exact type of fights he's been fighting. I'm really confused at some of u ppl

Comment

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
                    he fights at 135. so why mention 140 guys? and Molina is fighting demarco abril is fighting bogere. I don't think HBO would accept beltran. that was probably their pick.
                    Well I say it because Broner is huge, hell he was even challenging Guerrero for a fight so if he's trying to get a fight with a guy who's at 147 then I think 140 is also a possibility for him.

Comment

Originally posted by vacon04 View Post
                      Well I say it because Broner is huge, hell he was even challenging Guerrero for a fight so if he's trying to get a fight with a guy who's at 147 then I think 140 is also a possibility for him.
                      he could talk all the **** he wants and he may be big. in the end the plan was 135 so unless there's a really big fight to pull him away I doubt they go to 140 and certainly not 147. I mean everyone knows how this works this is no different for any other fighter.
                      Last edited by Kagami Taiga; 08-21-2012, 10:08 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X