Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who will you be rooting for, Dawson or Ward?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Asking for a handout from some one you supposedly "helped". That's just low. And it's the manner in which you did it too, on a public forum? Do it man to man, not a forum. What you expect to get on here? You want Chad or someone from Chad's team to read your post and send you a check?

Why don't you make another Chad Dawson BTW.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
      Chad Dawson is from New England? I thought he was born in South Carolina and raised in New Haven, CT.
      that's correct. if i remember correctly he moved when he was six or seven years old. he's a new englander. he grew up here

he was recruited to play basketball at uconn
      Last edited by New England; 08-21-2012, 04:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
        In a way I could root for Dawson, I think his dad trained at my gym back in the late 70s I know Dawson did under the eyes of Brian Clarke the head trainer there now. My son tells me his dad was there but he wasn't a competitor so I don't remember him. I do remember a Dawson family in New Haven that grew up where I did.
        I hope he does well and takes some of his winnings and makes a nice gift back to Brian and the kids at Ring One where he got his start under the guidance of someone who spent alot of time and raised some money to support his J.O and Open class career. Wouldn't be nice if all the fighters gave back to the gyms that still help the youth from their areas?
        Maybe he does!!!! Most act like they learned their skills while sleeping!!! HA!
        Ray.
        he learned to box from Brian Clarke at the Ring One Boxing Club, New Haven Conn. established in 1979, by Me!!!
        I don't disagree with you wishing Chad could help you guys out but this is definitely not the place to do this. This is something that should be talked about man to man. It would be great if Chad could give back to his former boxing club but in no way is he obligated.

You are making it sound like Chad owes you guys something. Chad is the one in the ring getting punched. By helping someone as a child and expecting a payback if the kid becomes successful in the future is pretty weak to be honest. Chad is a good guy and if able I believe he would gladly help out with the program if asked.

Comment

Im rooting for a good fight......and Nic Cannon not messing up the event with ****ty announcing

Comment

Dawson, the ward hype is getting out of hand.

He's demonstrated that he's a very good fighter and copes well with slow, heavy handed types, but people are talking atg already and thats nonsense.

Dawson will offer a whole different set of problems, which if ward handles I will be sold on him

But I have to support Chad, he's the underdog with everything against him, it'd be nice if here won and ****ed the status quo up

Comment

Ward.......

Comment

I'm betting on Ward, but not really rooting for either guy. i like them both...hope for a good fight that isn't boring.

Comment

Tell me what you installed in the kids you people have worked with? I'm making a statement that holds true to ALL pro fighters or any athlete for that matter. The pride originates from US they know where their from and they know what it takes to buy the equipment and travel to tournys. These are things that the fans have no clue of!! I don't need to ask for a damn thing from him or anyone else its totally on them and I'm trying to educate the public about how it all begins and how its never paypack for some guys to remember where they came from.
                  This is boxing forum and the hard work behind the scences should be open to all, learn something about inner city programs.
                  All of my pros back in the day gave 5 to 10% of their fight pay and it went back to the gym kids! This is how it works in the inner cities, Chad owes me nothing I never saw the kid in my life. Maybe a thank you for providing a place to learn and train that Brian was given so that Chad and so many others could enjoy and be proud of.
                  Kev you have a disrespectfull tone to your words, no ones asking for a handout. You talk alot of smack for someone who doesn't seem to know much about how this sport survives. The gym was there befor him and it still stands. It takes a community to raise a child, when the child is grown and has the means wouldn't be nice to return the gifts. Thats all I'm stating. Ray

Comment

I have no rooting interest in this fight..Oddly enough I feel the same about these fighters..Much respect to both of their styles and skills,but I'm not really a fan of either...But I think Ward will win this fight..To smart for Dawson,thing is I really believe Dawson has the tools to beat Ward..Just not the smarts...

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Napier View Post
                      Ward all the way
                      Dawson is a twat, fuck him

Comment

Working...
                      X