Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trust me... In 10 years time, Floyd will be regarded as the Greatest ever...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MindBat View Post
    It's ironic that most of Floyd's opponents, at whatever time he faced them were claimed by both fans and experts alike to have been able to beat Floyd at the time he faced them, yet they came up short every time.

Perhaps if Floyd had knocked out every opponent he faced regardless of the time he faced them, he might be given more of a pass?

If you can remember, some in-prime opponents chose not to face Floyd when he was ready for them with the exception of Margarito.
    Give a freaking break. Any fight in his ww career, was straight cherry pick. The only people favoring his opponents against him, are guys like Teddy atlas. Guys that come up with a prediction from left field, so if it happens, they look like geniuses.

Comment

Is he going to change his style and start taking the lead and backing opponents off and stopping them inside of 9 rounds? If not I'll remember him as a good fighter who fought in an era where the Welters and jr's were undersized and no one dominanted the two divisions with any power! To me he's a better version of Wilfred Benetez with a little to much Jimmy Young in him. Its not his fault about the era he came up in but it was NOT a strong era simular to Marcianos and a part of Joe Louis era but again I don't rank him in the same company of those two because I prefer a boxer who comes to fight! Someone who mixes boxing technique and power punching to stop their opponents so judges have NOTHING to do that night.
      He's a very technical guy whose caution keeps him from being exciting to watch, he has to box this way because he has no power but he is capable of breaking down his opponents but doesn't work hard doing it. He prefers to win rounds without max effort and that equates to a boring fighter too.
      He does nothing for me inside the ring and as a Boxing Champion certainly has done nothing for Boxings image. Lots of talent not much substance! Ray

Comment

lmao @ ko martinez he beats them both but don't chat *****

Comment

There's no way in hell you can degrade Mayweather's WW resume on paper or not.

Comment

Originally posted by larryx2012 View Post
            You mean the Cotto manny wants next at a catchweight?
            no, i thought he meant the cotto that floyd fought after pacquiao knocked him out! i thought it was pacquiao who fought leftovers! lol

Comment

To me hes been in the GOAT (greatest of all time) discussion with Ray Robinson and Ali for at least a few years now

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
                ACtually the truth is he offered manny 2 deals to fight, both of which Manny turned down. But I know truthfulness is not something usually found in any abundance in manny's fans posts.
                very true, however its also true that pacquiao offered to fight floyd by the same rules he fought everybody else, and floyd turned that down. they are both as bad as each other.

Comment

Originally posted by shade darkar View Post
                  very true, however its also true that pacquiao offered to fight floyd by the same rules he fought everybody else, and floyd turned that down. they are both as bad as each other.
                  Sorry, but refusing to submit to stricter testing is a lot worse than requesting stricter testing.

As far as this discussion, I can understand why some people would be put off by anyone who claims that Mayweather is the goat. I think that people should temper those kind of opinions. You can say that Mayweather is the best fighter that you've seen instead of the best ever. Like others have said, there's no real way to prove whether he's better than the atgs of the past and his resume certainly isn't better. I do think that too much emphasis is put on resume(paper) and not enough is put on what happened in the ring.

Comment

Originally posted by shade darkar View Post
                    So offering conditions that might including cheating is ok because others with less pull are in many ways forced to except them , then the top dog says wait a minute if you want to fight me it will be all above board and clean and we will both do the same , and thats not right , come on dude look at the big picture .

Comment

Originally posted by Goldie View Post
                      Sorry, but refusing to submit to stricter testing is a lot worse than requesting stricter testing.

As far as this discussion, I can understand why some people would be put off by anyone who claims that Mayweather is the goat. I think that people should temper those kind of opinions. You can say that Mayweather is the best fighter that you've seen instead of the best ever. Like others have said, there's no real way to prove whether he's better than the atgs of the past and his resume certainly isn't better. I do think that too much emphasis is put on resume(paper) and not enough is put on what happened in the ring.
                      yes id agree with the opening sentence. however refusing to fight because you cant get the extra testing is worse than the lot considering the fact that floyd didnt have a problem fighting the 40 odd guys before that fight with the same rules.

i just found it awfully funny at the time that mayweather kicked up a big fuss any time this asian midgets name was mentioned about a fight with floyd.

as far as mayweather being the goat, you have to prove it. to be the best, you have to beat the best. and like i said before, floyd has fought most of the best guys of this era. but he hasnt fought pacquiao. and even if he does, its past its sell by date. the cotto fight was 4 or 5 years late aswell.

put mayweather in the ring with any welterweight from any era and he stands a good chance is the best way to say it i guess.

Comment

Working...
                      X