Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are some weaknesses of the Mayweather jr style?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Pullcounter View Post
    floyd has an average chin... which is probably why he doesn't take to many risks with it
    Now this makes

no sense!

Comment

floyd has an average chin... which is probably why he doesn't take to many risks with it
      His chin is above average. Aside from the time Judah caught off balance and the time he took a knee how many times has he touched the ground in a professional fight? The times he has been rocked can also be counted on one hand.

Having a good defense can't account for everything, you're going to get hit in the sport of boxing and the times where his chin was tested he prevailed.
      ______
      Anyway I wouldn't call this a weakness but I'd say that in the early rounds fighters don't push the action enough. When feeling one another out they allow him to put rounds in the bank with minimal work. When he adapts in the middle rounds it makes things that much harder for them.

I also think a fighter who doesn't fall into a set rhythm would pose him problems and can throw punches from unconventional angles ( Roy Jones jr not Pacquiao) would be difficult for him. Some of his defense is based on his reflexes but a lot of it is based on his anticipation so if a fighter alternate the speed of their punches or throws from a place he is not expecting they could catch him of guard.

Comment

• Manny Pacquiao.. The only reason why Floyd is concerned about his Health.

Comment

• Originally posted by FeFist View Post
          His chin is above average. Aside from the time Judah caught off balance and the time he took a knee how many times has he touched the ground in a professional fight? The times he has been rocked can also be counted on one hand.

Having a good defense can't account for everything, you're going to get hit in the sport of boxing and the times where his chin was tested he prevailed.
          ______
          Anyway I wouldn't call this a weakness but I'd say that in the early rounds fighters don't push the action enough. When feeling one another out they allow him to put rounds in the bank with minimal work. When he adapts in the middle rounds it makes things that much harder for them.

I also think a fighter who doesn't fall into a set rhythm would pose him problems and can throw punches from unconventional angles ( Roy Jones jr not Pacquiao) would be difficult for him. Some of his defense is based on his reflexes but a lot of it is based on his anticipation so if a fighter alternate the speed of their punches or throws from a place he is not expecting they could catch him of guard.
          cotto took judah punches flush and didn't bat an eye... floyd's chin is probably his greatest weakness

Comment

cotto took judah punches flush and didn't bat an eye... floyd's chin is probably his greatest weakness
            Neither did Floyd, he was caught off balance. If Floyd's greatest weakness is his chin then you're essentially saying he is a flawless fighter.

Anyway, upon consideration I'd say the greatest ***** in his style is that he does not have a game changing punch. If a fight slipped out his grasp ( Hearns v Leonard I) I don't think he'd be able to turn things around.
            Last edited by FeFist; 08-21-2012, 12:29 AM.

Comment

Floyd also took Judahs punches and didn't bat an eye. Judah actually wobbled Cotto, but he didn't wobble Floyd if that was your weak argument. Floyds never been put down by a punch, but his chin is his greatest weakness. Get a clue.

Comment

cotto took judah punches flush and didn't bat an eye
                To see Cotto stunned just click play :

Comment

• Originally posted by Granite View Post
                  As in his elevated shoulder and rolling punches. I don't mean Floyd in particular just the style. It's called the philly shell no? I'm new to boxing so I apologize for my ignorance lol
                  The weakness is that a lot of Floyd is based on hope, he hopes his opponent wont land, and he hopes the ref wont score a punch that looked like it may have landed but didnt, he leaves things to chance and up to the ref and dont take the bull by the horns.

Comment

• Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
                    The weakness is that a lot of Floyd is based on hope, he hopes his opponent wont land, and he hopes the ref wont score a punch that looked like it may have landed but didnt, he leaves things to chance and up to the ref and dont take the bull by the horns.
                    Your an idiot , nothing more I can say !

Comment

• FMJ weakness, fight like:

Lol

Comment

Working...
                      X