Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Name some boxers who are being put on a pedestal but havent done anything yet..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saul Alverez

Comment

i forgot to mention Chavez junior and Bute before his lot to Froch.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
        Broner, Alvarez, and Rigo are the big 3 lately. A lot of guys are put on pedestals by fans here, but usually only by small numbers.
        ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^this
        not getting the buzz on these guys so far
        they've all shown talent, but not against serious opponents yet

Comment

Alvarez, Chavez (especially Chavez I see nothing special about him), Pirog (this guy is making millions after beating just Jacobs!), Golovkin is a decent fighter but nothing special, Vanes is garbage and is a master ducker, Mares should have been DQ'd against Agbeko he also got outboxed as well in the 1st fight. Oh and Broner too, he definitely has potential to be great but his competition sucks.

Comment

ADRIEN BRONER tops the list!!!!!! Especially when he's already received 2 gift decisions and hasn't fought anyone!

Comment

Broner has really not done much.

Comment

Froch putting a beating on Lucian Bute was incredibly satisfying the only thing that pissed me off is me not cashing in on such beautiful odds. I new that Froch was going to whoop his ass, I just knew it but I never gamble real money.

So many people hype fighters for beating on bums and then in their next breath talk about how a fighter is shot when he loses to top fighters in his division. There was no reason what so ever to rate Bute ahead of Froch, not when you compare their accomplishments and attributes as a fighter.

Comment

The ones who put them selfs on the pedestal are the worst. The ghost comes to mind. Guy needs to shut the hell up.

Comment

Noone is calling Broner great, that's all in your minds. He gets talked about a lot, but everyone pretty much agrees he still needs to prove himself against better competition. What's wrong about getting excited about good looking prospects? This is boxing, we love it. We wan't to see good prospects, because they are the future of our sport. Spend less time hating and more time appreciating.

Comment

Originally posted by #1Assassin View Post
                      alot of ppl in this thread mentioning prospects like they dont know what it means.

a prospect is someone who looks like he might have what it takes to be a great fighter but is still too green to put in there with the best. all fighters need time to learn and improve before they can take on the world, prospects are fighters who look good enough at this stage in their career to make ppl open their eyes.

nobody is under the impression that russell jr has a great resume or should be highly rated, ppl are saying the way hes been dominating at the lower level he could reach that point in the future and become a top fighter but it remains to be seen.

if this is a top prospects thread by all means include russel jr, broner, chavez jr, alvarez etc. but the bottom line is nobody other than their biggest fans say they are tested and nobody whatsoever is rating them p4p. bcuz ppl know they are still learning on the job and the real test is yet to come.

but until they get the chance to prove themselves they still deserve to get attention knowing their potential, the promise for the future. nobody can say they arent top prospects and deserve to have an eye on em.

bute was put on a piedestal, he was considered the best in his division by alot of ppl and even rated p4p by some. khan is another, the move from prospect to star was too easy for him. ppl were giving him a shot against floyd when he hadnt even earned the right to share a ring with floyd.
                      I disagree with almost everything. Russel jr is a prospect. Chavez, ginger & broner are not. Those guys are champions. Prospects are up n comers. Contenders are in line for championship contention & champions own titles. Chavez,ginger & broner have all owned titles. Therefore they are definitely not prospects & aren't even contenders.

Comment

Working...
                      X