Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

is Ward-Dawson gonna be similar to Bradley-Alexander?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

no...this fight will be NOTHING like that....may I ask why some think this will be similiar?

Comment

Ward by ud it's gonna be technical but at least Dawson won't quit like Alexander.

Comment

Not going to look too much different than the Nard fight I'd imagine, with Ward doing a whole lot more than Nard did for the win obviously.

Not sure if anyone liked the Pascal/Dawson fight, but I thought that fight was entertaining as hell. I doubt it's anywhere near that. I do feel like Dawson will try and be the aggressor once again though, so I expect countering into clinches and some great inside work from Ward. Won't be easy on the eyes.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
          The higher the skill level, sometimes the less exciting. Still doesn't change the fact that the fight is 1 of the years most meaningful & important fights.
          Its a shame the bold is being left out when people talk about this fight so far in this thread. I don't think it will be a boring fight but I also like to see skills and chess matches more than just a drunken brawl in the ring.

Comment

Originally posted by tredh View Post
            Its a shame the bold is being left out when people talk about this fight so far in this thread. I don't think it will be a boring fight but I also like to see skills and chess matches more than just a drunken brawl in the ring.
            It seems we are in the day and age of people prefering blood and guts to skill.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
              I'm cool with people having a preference but to not respect fighters because they use skill over just brawling is what I can not and do not respect. The constant calling of skillful fighters boring I don't understand either.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder as they say!

Comment

Style wise, it could be very scrappy. Hopefully we get a ref who won't put up with loads of clinching otherwise it could be a long night. If he gets to clinch, Ward will win by UD pretty comfortably.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
                  People have always preferred blood and guts. Part of the sport, the majority watch to see two guys beat the hell out of each other. Since this isn't a matchup of fighters that beat the hell out of people, they won't get excited.

Comment

Originally posted by SekondzOut View Post
                    no...this fight will be NOTHING like that....may I ask why some think this will be similiar?
                    Dawson and Alexander are both the taller, more talented fighters who like to throw combos.

Bradley and Ward both have unpleasant styles to most fans and have more IQ.

I can see a scenario where this fight is kind of like Bradley-Alexander, just at a far higher level. The rich man's version, as I said earlier.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                      People have always preferred blood and guts. Part of the sport, the majority watch to see two guys beat the hell out of each other. Since this isn't a matchup of fighters that beat the hell out of people, they won't get excited.
                      WHen fights were 15 rds when I was a kid growing up, there seemed to be more appreciation for skill. My guess is because you had the extra 9 minutes and you could box effectively but fatigue was much more of a factor and the guy losing (or winning) could still get the late KO, which is IMO the most dramatic aspect of the sport.

SInce going to 12 rds, it just seems like the fight is over so quickly (unless its boring as hell) so there is an emphasis on getting it poppin earlier.

Comment

Working...
                      X