Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Tyson Fury Could Face Chagaev, Liakhovich or Mormeck

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do people never wonder that if progression is bad, it's bad for a reason?

Fury's progression has been good for a fighter of his capacity. I've been following him since his pro debut and he's come a long, long way from the 6ft9 inside fighter with no outside game. His inside fighting was never that good anyway but he didn't utilise his size and his experience under various trainers has developed his current style.

Don't compare Fury to someone like Wlad, who is an Olympic champion. This is a guy with an amateur record of;

35 fights, 31 wins, 26 wins by KO, with 4 losses

He had the start of a good amateur career representing his countries (lol) and was ranked well as a junior. If it wasn't for David Price, he would've probably gone to Beijing but as it was, he turned professional after winning the ABAs in '08.

He's definitely put in some hard work concerning his conditioning and I can only hope he keeps this up. Very entertaining personality, 24, heart of a lion, good power, good chin, 6ft9 traveller fighting in the heavyweight division - all he lacks is the boxing ability to back up his talk.

Comment

Fury has come a long way since delivering the infamous uppercut to his face punch and is becoming a more seasoned and credible fighter in every subsequent outing. Three years ago, this guy was a devastating ko waiting to happen; since then he's improved immensely and won a lot of fans with his crowed pleasing style and light hearted out of ring antics.

Of the aforementioned potential opponents, I like to see him face Chagaev. Ruslan is a crafty veteran who can box but does not have a lot power and is a relatively small hw. In any event, good to see Fury stepping up the opposition

Comment

I hope it's not Mormeck. And poor Lyakhovich doesn't need another beating.

The overweight natural cruiserweight Chagaev is nearly a foot shorter, but he's a very good fighter and would give Fury a difficult challenge.

But I'd sooner see Fury take on Alexander Dimitrenko, Deontay Wilder, Seth Mitchell, Michael Grant, Carlos Takam, Franklin Lawrence, or Francesco Pianeta.

Comment

Originally posted by thepower View Post
          I'd like to see him in there with Chagaev.

Despite the lack in quality opponents, he is arguably one of the most watched fighters in the UK due to all his recent fights being shown on Channel 5, a free-to-air channel.
          Second. Out of the three options presented, Chagaev would be my preference as well - by far.

Comment

Chagaev is the one that'll test Fury the most out of the 3.

Comment

Chagaev is a good fight.

Comment

I would love to see Haye-Fury at some point, just so we can end Tyson Fury.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
                  I would love to see Haye-Fury at some point, just so we can end Tyson Fury.
                  Why do you like Haye and hate Fury?

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
                    Why do you like Haye and hate Fury?
                    I don't like Haye, but he would beat Tyson Fury. That's all.

Plus, even though Haye fought awful against Wlad, he redeemed himself somewhat by stopping Chisora. Fury gained some of my respect when he beat Chisora, but lost it when he refused to fight David Price. Fury vs. Price and Haye will happen at some point, given they all keep winning. Too much money in England for those not to happen.
                    Last edited by 4Corners; 08-17-2012, 10:36 AM.

Comment

Added poll; vote slags!...

Comment

Working...
                      X