Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Abner Mares-Anselmo Moreno: A Beautiful Counterpunch

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

THIS YEAR HAS HAD VERY STRONG MATCHUPS FROM START TO FINISH. tHE TOP GUYS ARE FIGHTING THE TOP GUYS AND THATS WHAT BOXING NEEDS TO GO BACK TO THE MAINSTREAM AND NOT BE A CULT THING. This should be a great night for boxing and the winners should fight each other. I like the HBO card better do to the Rios fight but I think the best fighter fighting that night is Moreno. This guy is so underrated it's crazy.

Comment

Originally posted by SlimTim View Post
      Any boxing fan who has a subscription to both HBO and Showtime, yet doesn't possess a DVR is a fool. Mares is a good young fighter but he doesn't beat Moreno
      I agree. Moreno is just a pleasure to watch. His ability to stand right in the pocket and not be hit while being aggressive offensively is one of the most amazing things in boxing today.

Comment

Originally posted by KTFO View Post
        It's definitely a great night of fights but it's bull**** that fans have to pick what to watch and what to dvr. Ever since GBP basically took over showtime they are intentionally going head to head against HBO's cards. This now marks Sep 8th, 15th and Oct 13th that we'll have to pick what to watch live. Boxing is not a big enough platform for the 2 major networks to go head to head on every major card. Guess I'll be on HBO because the Nishi-Donaire and Alvarado-Rios is a can't miss.
        You would think it would be in Golden Boy's interests to promote boxing in general, i.e., work with Top Rank and others to make sure there is a lot of quality boxing out there for fans to see and thus draw more fans to the sport. Golden Boy's current "strategy" appears to be a myopic attempt to hurt their biggest competition and, as a result, harm boxing overall. Very stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by SlimTim View Post
          Any boxing fan who has a subscription to both HBO and Showtime, yet doesn't possess a DVR is a fool. Mares is a good young fighter but he doesn't beat Moreno
          ^^^Yes. I, for one, have the hopper for that exact reason.

Comment

no 1 gave Abner a chance vs Agbeko the 1st time but he found a way 2 win & though I'm going w/Moreno, Abner could surprise...mayb the networks will staagger the start times...great bouts 4 us, the fans...

Comment

this fight could go either way, morenos boxing skill will be key. that guy is good when it comes to slipping punches and countering. mares' key will be obviously his power shots to the body..BUT! hopefully they there wont be to many low blows

Comment

Originally posted by nycsmooth View Post
                no 1 gave Abner a chance vs Agbeko the 1st time but he found a way 2 win & though I'm going w/Moreno, Abner could surprise...mayb the networks will staagger the start times...great bouts 4 us, the fans...
                The majority of people and media picked Mares to beat Agbeko in their first fight. I, however, was not one of them. Mares found a way to win by way of controversial ref and judges, just like in his fight with Darchinyan.

Comment

Boxing remains stupid business because of all this counter-programming going on.

I want to watch all these fights yet have to be forced to choose.

These fighters need to start speaking up. All this counter programming in the end hurts their pockets. I really want to watch Mares/Moreno. But HBO that night is too killer

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
                    Thanks for reminding me to finish reading Marvel Man.
                    I hauled it to get all the trades a while back. Cost a pretty penny but worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by hillbilly View Post
                      You would think it would be in Golden Boy's interests to promote boxing in general, i.e., work with Top Rank and others to make sure there is a lot of quality boxing out there for fans to see and thus draw more fans to the sport. Golden Boy's current "strategy" appears to be a myopic attempt to hurt their biggest competition and, as a result, harm boxing overall. Very stupid.
                      You can say the exact same thing about Top Rank, refusing to work with Golden Boy.

Comment

Working...
                      X