No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Adrien Broner, Robert Guerrero Go To War on Twitter

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will never happen.

Broner only fights guys two or three divisions below his real weight, he wont fight someone a few divisions higher than that.

Comment

Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
      Will never happen.

Broner only fights guys two or three divisions below his real weight, he wont fight someone a few divisions higher than that.
      If you gonna trash-talk, at least make sure you're right first lol. The only guy in recent memory you could say that about is Ponce. Most of the guys he's fought had experience above 130. Plus, Broner has only had 5 fights at 130 (not including Escobedo).

I think Broner is confident enough that he'd go up to WW and fight Guerrero. He could probably beat him too.
      Last edited by kiaba360; 08-15-2012, 08:29 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
        If you gonna trash-talk, at least make sure you're right first lol. The only guy in recent memory you could say that about is Ponce. Most of the guys he's fought had experience above 130. Plus, Broner has only had 5 fights at 130 (not including Escobedo).

I think Broner is confident enough that he'd go up to WW and fight Guerrero. He could probably beat him too.
        There's a reason I said his 'real' weight, not his fight weight. Much like Rios had been doing, Broner has been cutting down more than one division to fight smaller guys.

The boy has been in the ring at 150lbs+, he's huge. If you can get away with it then hey, go ahead, but he's not going to go from fighting guys much smaller than himself to fighting Guerrero...not only is he bigger than anyone he's fought, he's also far better.

Comment

Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
          There's a reason I said his 'real' weight, not his fight weight. Much like Rios had been doing, Broner has been cutting down more than one division to fight smaller guys.

The boy has been in the ring at 150lbs+, he's huge. If you can get away with it then hey, go ahead, but he's not going to go from fighting guys much smaller than himself to fighting Guerrero...not only is he bigger than anyone he's fought, he's also far better.
          Thanks for clarifying that. Guerrero didn't look so great @147, but that could also be the long layoff. I would slightly favor Ghost, but I would be betting points on Broner if the fight happened. If Broner doesn't have to drain himself, he'd probably be a more dangerous fighter. Ghost would force Broner to use his skill-set to win, he couldn't just rely on his attributes or else Ghost would out-box him.

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
            Thanks for clarifying that. Guerrero didn't look so great @147, but that could also be the long layoff. I would slightly favor Ghost, but I would be betting points on Broner if the fight happened. If Broner doesn't have to drain himself, he'd probably be a more dangerous fighter. Ghost would force Broner to use his skill-set to win, he couldn't just rely on his attributes or else Ghost would out-box him.
            I look forward to seing Broner when he's not boiled down to the bone. I would assume 140-147 is where that would be.

If he did fight Guerrero at 147, I do agree it would be a close fight. Broner can normally bully his opponents with his bigger frame and walk them down when he decides it's time, he couldn't do that here. It would be a skill battle over a size battle, and a damn good one.

Comment

Be an intriguing match. I'd favor Ghost though. Have a feeling the natural size difference would have a real impact.

Comment

Originally posted by sashalex View Post
                this is bad for the sport of boxing
                how on earth is this bad?? publicity from two young fighters not named floyd or manny... smdh

Comment

Guerrero is just looking for a pay day and desperate for it. He struggles to beat some ****ing unknown guy for some whack belt and he wants the best boxer in boxing. He wanted Money Mayweather before and thought he actually had a shot. He would be worse off than Ortiz.

This guy has a good nickname. Because he is a damn ghost. Dont know who the hell he is. He hasnt beaten anyone. Neither one of these guys have really beaten anyone noteworthy to me. Probably would be a decent fight. Guerrero would be outboxed.

Comment

Originally posted by tlarry View Post
                    No way that rube is going to go to 147 to fight anyone! That beings too many other names that start calling out his weasel ass. He's beaten nobody. He ought to fight Gesta, Marquez, Maidana, and see how he fairs. He's looking for paychecks, he's not looking for the toughest competition. He has Floyd Jr in his ear directing his career, so Floyd will show him how to master the safest route to the bank, with the least amount of risk. In the meantime, talk trash, call guys out with no interest to fight them, and speak of yourself in the third person, to create your name brand. Fight smaller, older, one dimensional fighters past their prime, just as Mayweather has done his entire career, and you're GOLD. It's all about "Profiling" and "Image Control". You need a larger posse, lots of bling and accessories, a bunch of hookers that climb in the ring with you, find a rapper to attach yourself to, make demands no fighter would agree to, and then you have a credible Legendary career one day like Leonard, Hagler, Hearns, Duran, Arguello, Sanchez all had.... NOT. Sounds like Broner and Floyd, certainly not legends, like the beforementioned.
                    I agree with a lot you said but sometimes you guys get so upset over nothing, let broner live.. yeah he's annoying but who the hell cares, this is boxing not a damn soap opera... finally you saying floyd is not a legend is the most absolutely outrageous thing ive seen someone post on here in a long time... take a deep breath, relax and go back to your People ****zine or flip back on the "E" channel

Comment

Go to war................... on twitter.

Comment

Working...
                      X