Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The all new, Mayweather/Pac Master Discussion Thread - The fight that will never be.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I dont even care for the fight anymore. If they fight ill watch but the enthusiasm for the fight is lost!!

Comment

• There will never be a 55/45 to the winner if one fighter is and has been the top draw. Koncz is a fool.

Comment

• "My health!"

Come on man, this is the biggest pay day there is. How are you going to sit there and talk about easy work then turn around and be like take this tests. LMAO, WTF!

You don't see Marquez pulling that ****.
        Last edited by Bee Keepz; 09-22-2012, 01:00 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by deanrw View Post
          Manny is pushing for the fight now because he wants a big farewell fight. Floyd? well we don't know if he is even interested in fighting anyone right now.

I personally do not think either side was truly interested in the fight before. Too much was at risk for both of them. What we all witnessed was posturing from both sides. I also do not believe Floyd talked to Manny directly over the phone as that just seems fishy.

I also think Manny should concentrate more on his fight with Marquez than think about Floyd. It is ****** to call out a guy while doing a media tour for a fight with someone else. It is disrespectful to Marquez IMO. If Manny wanted Floyd so bad, he should have been calling him out before the Marquez fight was signed. Why after the fight was signed? It does not add up to me and Manny is one of my favorite fighters.
          Both sides have confirmed they talked to each other on the phone, 50 cent also confirmed he was there when the conversation took place.

I agree both sides have been posturing but now the world is waiting on Floyd to agree on the fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by mesher View Post
            Both sides have confirmed they talked to each other on the phone, 50 cent also confirmed he was there when the conversation took place.

I agree both sides have been posturing but now the world is waiting on Floyd to agree on the fight.

Thanks for the clarification on that. I never heard that happened. I hope the fight happens before I die of old age. Both guys are slipping as it is. Time is running out. Both of their legacies will be etched in stone win or lose. Both get mad respect if it does happen.

Comment

• time to crunch up numbers,,

i got this from another forum so i take no credit but i have a few issues with it

Since the most recent excuse for the megafight not happening appears to be the revenue split, I have decided to take it upon myself to crunch the numbers of all of Floyd Mayweather and Manny Pacquiao's pay-per-view fights and to calculate what the ideal split for the fight should be. Here we go (all estimated revenue is calculated with an average PPV price of $50, some events were more expensive, some were cheaper)...

Floyd Mayweather PPVs

vs Oscar De La Hoya (2,400,000 buys - est. revenue $$138,000,000)
              vs Ricky Hatton (920,000 buys - est. revenue $46,000,000)
              vs Juan Manuel Marquez (1,050,000 buys - est. revenue $52,500,000)
              vs Shane Mosley (1,400,000 buys - est. revenue $78,000,000 million)
              vs Victor Ortiz (1,250,000 buys - est. revenue $78,400,000)
              vs Miguel Cotto (1,500,000 buys - est. revenue $94,000,000)

Total buys = 8,520,000
              Average buys = 1,420,000

Total est. revenue = $426,000,000
              Average est. revenue = $71,000,000

Manny Pacquiao PPVs

vs Oscar De La Hoya (1,250,000 buys - est. revenue $71,000,000)
              vs Ricky Hatton (850,000 buys - est. revenue $42,500,000)
              vs Miguel Cotto (1,250,000 buys - est. revenue $72,000,000)
              vs Joshua Clottey (700,000 buys - est. revenue $35,000,000)
              vs Antonio Margarito (1,150,000 buys - est. revenue $57,500,000)
              vs Shane Mosley (1,300,000 buys - est. revenue $73,000,000)
              vs Juan Manuel Marquez (1,450,000 buys - est. revenue $72,500,000)
              vs Timothy Bradley (700,000 buys - est. revenue $35,000,000)

Total buys = 8,690,000
              Average buys = 1,086,250

Total est. revenue = $434,500,000
              Average est. revenue = $54,312,500

So when crunching the above numbers it is clear that since 2007, Manny has generated more money and sold a greater total of combined PPVs, however, he has done so with two more PPV events than Floyd. It is therefore unfair to calculate a revenue split based on totals. Averages are a far more reliable source to go on when determining a potential revenue split then. The below calculation is my determination of how the revenue should be split...

$71,000,000 (Floyd's average est. revenue) + $54,312,500 (Manny's average est. revenue) = $125,312,500 (Combined average est. revenue)

71,000,000/125,312,500 = 0.566 (56.6%)
              54,312,500/125,312,500 = 0.433 (43.3%)

So there it is, my calculations have determined that in the case of a potential megafight between Floyd Mayweather and Manny Pacquiao, Floyd should get a 56.6% share of the total revenue generated, and Manny should get the remaining 43.3%, based on how their previous PPV numbers compare with one another.
              issue 1. bob arum released his version of how many buys pacs fight really does. but really we dont know official numbers because hbo doesnt release them like they do for floyds fights. also bob arum has been quoted lying about pac-marquez 3 numbers

issue 2. some of mayweathers PPV prices have actually been priced higher than pacs ppvs. for instance floyd-cotto was priced at $70 and pacs ppvs are priced at anywhere between $50-$65

another poster also fixed a few errors in the original post
              Good stuff.

Also have to look at what the fighters are taking home and past earnings.

For example, Manny has a $25.5 million high payday while Mayweather has a $45.0 million high payday.

Damn, Floyd averages about 25% more PPV buys than Manny too.

Also, your revenue on the De La Hoya fight is off. The fight did $138,000,000 in revenue. 2.4 million buys at $57.5 per buy.

Mosley Mayweather did $78.0 million in revenue.

Ortiz Mayweather is ranked #3 at $78.4 million in revenue.

Cotto Mayweather is #2 and did $94.0 million in revenue.

Manny also did $72.0 million with Cotto and $73.0 millon with Mosley. Manny did 1.3 million (per arum) with Mosley as well.

Manny did $71.0 million with Oscar.
              with the changes added in from the bottom post the estimated split in the top post is no longer valid. if sum1 would like to crunch up those numbers then we can see. but like i said bob arum is a snake we dont know if hes lying about pacs numbers

Comment

• Originally posted by come out dancin View Post
                pacfrauds fans back at it again smfh

FOH , u dudes need to go back into hiding pacroid is only mentioning floyd to sell his lame ass fight that no one cares about lmao
                lol he is not promoting Floyd. He is answering what was ask of him in an espn interview lol. He wasn't plugging Floyd it ain't his fault the media people want to see the fight between him and Floyd hence the questions from the media.

Be more creative in your damage control flowmos Pacquiao ain't promoting Floyd. You can'[t blame a guy for answering the most talked about super fight that hasn't happened until now. He just being polite in answering questions. Be more creative Flowmos.
                Last edited by Spoon23; 09-22-2012, 01:32 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by come out dancin View Post
                  pacfrauds fans back at it again smfh

FOH , u dudes need to go back into hiding pacroid is only mentioning floyd to sell his lame ass fight that no one cares about lmao

If pac came to announce that it's Floyd he wants in the media without being asked in the media then that's a different story all together. But he was asked you don't call that self promoting more like these broadcasters are asking the question boxing fans are frustrated about, the mega fight that hasn't happen. Can't blame PAc for answering a significant question..

Next excuse flowmos

You guys should know by now when a person is conning you.. all those harping of PAcquiao your next ain't from a guy with integrity. A conman loves to con and Floyd loves conning everyone including his loyal Flowmos. Wake-up.. A con man will always be a conman
                  Last edited by Spoon23; 09-22-2012, 01:29 AM.

Comment

• This isht was in 09, Mayweather still hasn't stepped in the ring against the man.

Still waiting til he becomes faded like Cotto.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bee Keepz View Post
                      This isht was in 09, Mayweather still hasn't stepped in the ring against the man.

Still waiting til he becomes faded like Cotto.
                      cotto at 154 would school the catchweight fraud lmao

talk about being faded?? he LOST his last two fights smh, u paclanders need to go back into hiding.

Comment

Working...
                      X