Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The all new, Mayweather/Pac Master Discussion Thread - The fight that will never be.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Expected. How many times does this have to happen before people realize Bob and letting this happen.

Comment

• Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
      Wow......

De La Hoya's last fight before Floyd was a stoppage win over Mayorga to win a title at 154. De La Hoya hadn't fought at WW in like 8-9 years by the time Manny fought him there. Manny gets zero credit for the Oscar fight, rightfully so. I don't blame him for that fight though, it made him a star.
      Zero credit?

I've read some bias on here but your statement is up there with the most one side opinion ever.

Let's put this another way. Manny fought virtually his entire career before the DLH fight at or under 126 which is featherweight. Oscar spent most of his career at or above 140. For those that can do math that's 14 lbs difference if we average the highest Manny weighed and the lowest DLH weighed.

So what idiot wouldn't give a featherweight/super featherwight credit for beating a very good welterweight?

Comment

• Originally posted by Bee Keepz View Post
        "0" mentality
        u must be his biggest fan lmao

if he had a "0" mentality then he would not have fought Hatton, Castillo, Corrales, Oscar, Mosley, Cotto and more

keep in mind these cats were coming off career wins unlike pac who not only fights them coming off KO loses, but he drains them too

Comment

• Originally posted by come out dancin View Post
          so ur idol refusing to take drug tests is not a roadblok??? smh pacfans are delusional.
          Pac agreed to testing with a 7 days cutoff.
          Your b!tch a$s hero turned it down.. isn't it funny that a man who calls himself "Money", would turned down millions of money?
          "sccuuuuurd much?
          the fact that he demanded OSDT alone tells you that ur hero is a Scared B1TCH!

Comment

• Originally posted by lparm View Post
            Zero credit?

I've read some bias on here but your statement is up there with the most one side opinion ever.

Let's put this another way. Manny fought virtually his entire career before the DLH fight at or under 126 which is featherweight. Oscar spent most of his career at or above 140. For those that can do math that's 14 lbs difference if we average the highest Manny weighed and the lowest DLH weighed.

So what idiot wouldn't give a featherweight/super featherwight credit for beating a very good welterweight?
            De La Hoya was a very good WW 8-9 years earlier, not in 2008. We all saw how crappy he looked in the Forbes fight at 150, Oscar was done. Damn, Roach even admitted Oscar was done and thats why he new they'd dominate him.

De La Hoya was past his prime against Floyd too, but at least Floyd fought him at a weight Oscar was comfortable at, and coming off a decent win, and while Oscar was the #3 ranked SWW in the world at the time.

But you can't knock Manny for fighting Oscar, it was a risk going up in weight and his payday to make him mega famous, but he shouldn't and doesn't get credit for that fight.

By the way, before you call me a Pac hater, he gets full credit for his recent wins over Hatton, Cotto, Clottey, and Bradley (he should have won). All at the least good or solid wins.
            Last edited by 4Corners; 09-22-2012, 12:48 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Larry.X. View Post
              man come on with that lame ass excuse,make the fight,beat his 1 dimensional ass and move on
              C'mon man, you think Floyd made it this far and is going to take bad deal when he is the top dog. That ain't happening. So, as long as Bob keeps playing the game, we get no fight. And I understand why. Business is business. And the history between them makes it worse.

Comment

• i doubt floyd cares for legacy. money is priority , greatness and legacy comes a distant second.

Comment

• Pacquiaos fan base is slowly returning after the ESPN interview, lmao!

Comment

• Originally posted by Frank Ducketts View Post
                    Pacquiaos fan base is slowly returning after the ESPN interview, lmao!
                    they came out of hiding after bradley schooled the chump lmao! these cats only come around to discuss boxing when the mention of a Money May fight comes up., shows u they are bandwagon fans who aint even care about the sport.

come on pac keep sellin ur lame ass fight!

Comment

• Originally posted by stormfroe View Post
                      i doubt floyd cares for legacy. money is priority , greatness and legacy comes a distant second.
                      I doubt "money" is even his priority, this is the biggest pay day there is.

All this BS for "easy work" go figure.

Comment

Working...
                      X