Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The all new, Mayweather/Pac Master Discussion Thread - The fight that will never be.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WESS View Post
    You really are mad and ignore the truth. So much so you want to talk about Floyd. lol Like ****o, you're a silly fanboy that trolls.

next.....
    whats the truth again? you're a fanboy yourself so what's the diff. bet. him & you? you're kidding yourself, kid?!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by chito View Post
      whats the truth again? you're a fanboy yourself so what's the diff. bet. him & you? you're kidding yourself, kid?!!!
      I am a fan of boxing chief...

Now carry on like coward that you are.

Comment

• Originally posted by chito View Post
        oh, that's bad. so im gonna red k you again until you turn red
        Thank you for validating that you are in fact a fanboy and a coward.

Comment

Thank you for validating that you are in fact a fanboy and a coward.
          i thought you don't reply to irrelevant posts?

Comment

You really are mad and ignore the truth. So much so you want to talk about Floyd. lol Like ****o, you're a silly fanboy that trolls.

next.....
            Mad? I'm just laughing at how you can say that Manny is exposed at WW yet Floyd .... you can't counter what I said because it's THE TRUTH!!!

The TRUTH:

Talk about exposed and protected fighter:
            Floyd fought these guys who had little to no fights at WW:
            Marquez = 0,
            Hatton = 1,
            Ortiz = 1,
            Sharmba = 1 and
            Khan = 0 was so close to fighting Floyd
            TOTAL = 3 recent fights at WW .... so stop it with your nonsense!

Arum didn't need to try to keep Manny away from Floyd since
            its Floyd that put out all the roadblocks .....
            - Accusations with no proof,
            - testing,
            - long vacation,
            - I want all PPV money
            so again, stop with your nonsense!

Comment

• Originally posted by ADP02 View Post
              Mad? I'm just laughing at how you can say that Manny is exposed at WW yet Floyd .... you can't counter what I said because it's THE TRUTH!!!
              Just got in from late night sparring with a long time friend, but here's my delayed wisdom of truth for you.

Pacquiao is a media marketing product and I give Bob Arum a lot of credit to that but lets look back into history, first, Pacquiao hid out in Southeast Asia for his first 35 fights. Then didn't fight anyone we know until his 41st fight. Relevant information? No however I thought you might find it interesting as I don't believe you've been around the sport of boxing that long. Moving on...

Before moving up to WW, Pac was a beast and I'm a fan that can talk all day about him then. However when Pacquiao moved up in weight and began challenging welterweights heres where I had a problem. The catch for Pac here was that he needed advantages like a rehydration stipulation on Hoya or that he demanded that Cotto had to cut down to his weight but still fought Hoya at 147.

So after Bob's strategic match making with Hoya, Cotto, Clottey, and Mosley, Pacquiao then moves up to fight a banned WW fighter for yet another vacant belt at JMW that neither guy was ever in line for a shot at. This was a move that effectively let Pacquiao "win" a belt at 154 but dodge a legitimate Champion in that division. Ironically he demanded to fight Martinez at 150 but ran away from the Champion when he accepted.

See the trend of avoiding champions?

Records reflect that when you look at the men Floyd has faced throughout his career, he always did it in their natural habitat (Baldomir between 14-18lbs heavier, Corrales (RIP) 18lbs heavier, Oscar, better than 10lbs heavier for example).

Most would say Floyd was bigger than Hatton, Marquez, and Ortiz but an advantage goes both ways. Him being bigger than these men is no different than Pacquiao making bigger men fight smaller. Besides nobody gives Mayweather credit for the JMM fight... well that was until Pac decided to fight JMM at WW too. But lets look back when Floyd actually moved up to WW.

As of Jan 12th 2006, The Ring ****zine Welterweight rankings where....

WELTERWEIGHTS Weight Limit: 147 pounds

Champ: CARLOS BALDOMIR Argentina 42-9-6 (12)

1. ANTONIO MARGARITO Mexico 32-4 (23)
              2. ZAB JUDAH Brooklyn, NY 34-3 (25)
              3. CORY SPINKS St. Louis, MO 34-3 (11)
              4. SHANE MOSLEY Pomona, CA 41-4 (35)
              5. LUIS COLLAZO Queens, NY 26-1 (12)
              6. THOMAS DAMGAARD Denmark 37-0 (27)
              7. KERMIT CINTRON Reading, PA 25-1 (23)
              8. JOSE ANTONIO RIVERA Worcester, MA 37-4-1(24)
              9. OKTAY URKAL Germany 36-3 (11)
              10. DAVID ESTRADA Chicago, IL 18-2 (9)

Mayweather was ranked # 1 P4P at this time when moving up into the WW division to beat 2 of the top 3 guys right off the bat, No catchweights needed. Pac did nothing like this, not even close.

So here is a little more truth for you..

Fact:[fakt] - noun: Something that actually exists; reality; truth: Floyd has fought and beat more lineal and current champions than Pacquiao, his reign of supremacy is twice as long as Pacquiao's, and he's never lost. Floyd also dismantled and shut down the last known fighter (JMM) to give Pacquiao a lot problems (3X) to say the least. Also keep in mind that I believe 5 out of 8 of Pac's division titles where vacant belts.

So again, don't be mad that Floyd *****s Pac's WW record. However I will leave you with a question that you should now know the answer to....

Tell me when is the last time Manny went into a division and beat the top 2 guys or 2 of the top 3 guys in a division?

Or tell me who was the last WW that Pac fought and beat who looked good in their previous fight or just simply came off a win?

Did Pac and Bob Arum really slap you in the face on that one or what?
              Last edited by WESS; 09-08-2012, 12:06 AM.

Comment

• It will happen, but like Lewis-Tyson, many years too late. Both guys will be a shadow of their great selves, but I think shot Floyd will beat shot Manny.

Comment

• If this fight happened in 2010, i would of picked pacquiao by decision .

Now, I'd go for mayweather. The fight if it does happen at all is simply too late.

And thats both boxers fault. More mayweathers though.

A big, big shame.

If the fight does not happen next year it never ever will.

Comment

Just got in from late night sparring with a long time friend, but here's my delayed wisdom of truth for you.

Pacquiao is a media marketing product and I give Bob Arum a lot of credit to that but lets look back into history, first, Pacquiao hid out in Southeast Asia for his first 35 fights. Then didn't fight anyone we know until his 41st fight. Relevant information? No however I thought you might find it interesting as I don't believe you've been around the sport of boxing that long. Moving on...

Before moving up to WW, Pac was a beast and I'm a fan that can talk all day about him then. However when Pacquiao moved up in weight and began challenging welterweights heres where I had a problem. The catch for Pac here was that he needed advantages like a rehydration stipulation on Hoya or that he demanded that Cotto had to cut down to his weight but still fought Hoya at 147.

So after Bob's strategic match making with Hoya, Cotto, Clottey, and Mosley, Pacquiao then moves up to fight a banned WW fighter for yet another vacant belt at JMW that neither guy was ever in line for a shot at. This was a move that effectively let Pacquiao "win" a belt at 154 but dodge a legitimate Champion in that division. Ironically he demanded to fight Martinez at 150 but ran away from the Champion when he accepted.

See the trend of avoiding champions?

Records reflect that when you look at the men Floyd has faced throughout his career, he always did it in their natural habitat (Baldomir between 14-18lbs heavier, Corrales (RIP) 18lbs heavier, Oscar, better than 10lbs heavier for example).

Most would say Floyd was bigger than Hatton, Marquez, and Ortiz but an advantage goes both ways. Him being bigger than these men is no different than Pacquiao making bigger men fight smaller. Besides nobody gives Mayweather credit for the JMM fight... well that was until Pac decided to fight JMM at WW too. But lets look back when Floyd actually moved up to WW.

As of Jan 12th 2006, The Ring ****zine Welterweight rankings where....

WELTERWEIGHTS Weight Limit: 147 pounds

Champ: CARLOS BALDOMIR Argentina 42-9-6 (12)

1. ANTONIO MARGARITO Mexico 32-4 (23)
                    2. ZAB JUDAH Brooklyn, NY 34-3 (25)
                    3. CORY SPINKS St. Louis, MO 34-3 (11)
                    4. SHANE MOSLEY Pomona, CA 41-4 (35)
                    5. LUIS COLLAZO Queens, NY 26-1 (12)
                    6. THOMAS DAMGAARD Denmark 37-0 (27)
                    7. KERMIT CINTRON Reading, PA 25-1 (23)
                    8. JOSE ANTONIO RIVERA Worcester, MA 37-4-1(24)
                    9. OKTAY URKAL Germany 36-3 (11)
                    10. DAVID ESTRADA Chicago, IL 18-2 (9)

Mayweather was ranked # 1 P4P at this time when moving up into the WW division to beat 2 of the top 3 guys right off the bat, No catchweights needed. Pac did nothing like this, not even close.

So here is a little more truth for you..

Fact:[fakt] - noun: Something that actually exists; reality; truth: Floyd has fought and beat more lineal and current champions than Pacquiao, his reign of supremacy is twice as long as Pacquiao's, and he's never lost. Floyd also dismantled and shut down the last known fighter (JMM) to give Pacquiao a lot problems (3X) to say the least. Also keep in mind that I believe 5 out of 8 of Pac's division titles where vacant belts.

So again, don't be mad that Floyd *****s Pac's WW record. However I will leave you with a question that you should now know the answer to....

Tell me when is the last time Manny went into a division and beat the top 2 guys or 2 of the top 3 guys in a division?

Or tell me who was the last WW that Pac fought and beat who looked good in their previous fight or just simply came off a win?

Did Pac and Bob Arum really slap you in the face on that one or what?
                    1) You said, " as I don't believe you've been around the sport of boxing that long. Moving on..."
                    WRONG .... Just so you know, I've been following boxing before you were even born!!!

2) CW - Only happened when he moved up several divisions. Oscar had all the control so scratch that one and the person who thought about these 2 fighting was someone named Larry Merchant NOT Arum. So again scratch that one.

Cotto said in his interview "Come on, I'm only dropping 1lb from my previous fight ... I'm bigger and stronger than Manny who needs to come up from 138". Cotto said this prior to weigh-in and after weigh-in. Post fight, Cotto said the difference was Manny's speed and angles and consequently DIDN'T SEE MANNY'S PUNCHES!!!
                    So scratch that UNLESS YOU ARE A HATER OF MANNY!!!
                    After that, let me know how many CW that was in his favor at WW?

3)
                    - Corrales was severely weight drained when he fought Floyd!!! lol!
                    - Oscar's trainer said Oscar "couldn't pull the trigger no more"
                    - Baldomir - Come on man, .... Joke of a fighter.

4) You are using trickery that only fools the casual fans and Floyd fans.
                    EXAMPLES:
                    - Marquez was #2 P4P
                    TRUTH: Was 2 fights removed from fighting at 130
                    - Baldomir was champ
                    TRUTH: Was super slow and was a very average fighter. He got the chance to fight Floyd because he beat a ready to retire Gatti at WW (not Gatti's career weight) and the inconsistant Judah who had trouble with most WW.
                    - Zab Judah was ranked #2
                    TRUTH: Lost to the very average fighter named Baldmir. Lost to all good WW he faced and realized this and went back down to JWW.
                    - Mosley was champ
                    TRUTH: Mosley was champ for what he did 16 months earlier to a cheat that just got exposed on not because of who he turned into 16 months later. Was OLD, inactive and rusty .... Floyd admitted to that Mosley was too old by then. You don't agree with Floyd now?
                    - Ortiz was champ
                    TRUTH: The naive Ortiz went life and death in his only fight at WW. Still Floyd had to SUCKER PUNCH TO WIN! Ortiz record at WW is 1-2 now and went life and death in all 3 fights at WW.

5) Floyd fought Marquez, Hatton, Ortiz, Sharmba and Khan(was in line) who had only fought 3 times at WW in TOTAL!!!

6) Manny fought guys like Barrera(2X), Morales(3X), Marquez(3-4X), Cotto AND MORE .... Floyd can't match Manny's resume so whatever you say is irrelevant to the TRUTH!!!
                    Last edited by ADP02; 09-08-2012, 12:51 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ADP02 View Post
                      1) You said, " as I don't believe you've been around the sport of boxing that long. Moving on..."
                      WRONG .... Just so you know, I've been following boxing before you were even born!!!

2) CW - Only happened when he moved up several divisions. Oscar had all the control so scratch that one and the person who thought about these 2 fighting was someone named Larry Merchant NOT Arum. So again scratch that one.

Cotto said in his interview "Come on, I'm only dropping 1lb from my previous fight ... I'm bigger and stronger than Manny who needs to come up from 138". Cotto said this prior to weigh-in and after weigh-in. Post fight, Cotto said the difference was Manny's speed and angles and consequently DIDN'T SEE MANNY'S PUNCHES!!!
                      So scratch that UNLESS YOU ARE A HATER OF MANNY!!!
                      After that, let me know how many CW that was in his favor at WW?

3)
                      - Corrales was severely weight drained when he fought Floyd!!! lol!
                      - Oscar's trainer said Oscar "couldn't pull the trigger no more"
                      - Baldomir - Come on man, .... Joke of a fighter.

4) You are using trickery that only fools the casual fans and Floyd fans.
                      EXAMPLES:
                      - Marquez was #2 P4P
                      TRUTH: Was 2 fights removed from fighting at 130
                      - Baldomir was champ
                      TRUTH: Was super slow and was a very average fighter. He got the chance to fight Floyd because he beat a ready to retire Gatti at WW (not Gatti's career weight) and the inconsistant Judah who had trouble with most WW.
                      - Zab Judah was ranked #2
                      TRUTH: Lost to the very average fighter named Baldmir. Lost to all good WW he faced and realized this and went back down to JWW.
                      - Mosley was champ
                      TRUTH: Mosley was champ for what he did 16 months earlier to a cheat that just got exposed on not because of who he turned into 16 months later. Was OLD, inactive and rusty .... Floyd admitted to that Mosley was too old by then. You don't agree with Floyd now?
                      - Ortiz was champ
                      TRUTH: The naive Ortiz went life and death in his only fight at WW. Still Floyd had to SUCKER PUNCH TO WIN! Ortiz record at WW is 1-2 now and went life and death in all 3 fights at WW.

5) Floyd fought Marquez, Hatton, Ortiz, Sharmba and Khan(was in line) who had only fought 3 times at WW in TOTAL!!!

6) Manny fought guys like Barrera(2X), Morales(3X), Marquez(3-4X), Cotto AND MORE .... Floyd can't match Manny's resume so whatever you say is irrelevant to the TRUTH!!!
                      You posted nothing but opinionated excuses and garbage about the fighters and yet you didn't even answer the questions? Try again.

Comment

Working...
                      X