Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The all new, Mayweather/Pac Master Discussion Thread - The fight that will never be.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yes, but they may still fight. These kind of fights usually take place considerably later than they should...it just became more likely to happen. Then again, I think they are both looking to retire at the end of 2013 (which, on a side note, is why I think Freddie Roach is adamant about skipping a tune-up bout and going straight into Marquez V). But yes, it is disappointing.

Comment

• Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
      I never fought FOR the fight, I argued about how much of a mismatch it would be, 5 years ago, 3 years ago, now, always a mismatch.

Nope, I don't feel let down. I am happy that JMM got the credit for beating Pacquiao and ending his reign. He deserved the win over the false FOTD, more than Mayweather. Besides Marquez ended the fight in a way that Mayweather probably wouldn't have. Mayweather would have taken Pacquiao back to finish Elementary School for 12 rounds, where Pacquiao last left it. Marquez finished it in 6 rounds.

I repeat, I am happy how things ended and that it was Marquez who got the win over Pacquiao.
      :AOR: took him long enough. fighting four times youd think the times gonna come. Even i knew this fight was a bad idea! You really need to be careful with the ...Ending reign nonsense until you see what Manny does when he comes back. And i know its only opinion that you feel Floyd would have done some schooling, But i dont think he would have time to be a teacher in that ring with Manny. Maybe it will still happen. Floyd normally only fights little washed up guys. So if Manny is done..we may still see it.
      Nah....scratch that! Health first! :WORD:

Comment

• This thread has kinda got me down just thinking about the huge fight that coulda been lol. I guess ill just sit back and wait patiently till it becomes a debate over who ruined the chances of the fight Mayweather or Pacquiao

Comment

• At this rate who gives a shyt. Mayweather-Pacquiao is a mismatch. It always was and always will be.

Comment

• Originally posted by RVABoxer View Post
            This thread has kinda got me down just thinking about the huge fight that coulda been lol. I guess ill just sit back and wait patiently till it becomes a debate over who ruined the chances of the fight Mayweather or Pacquiao
            Yea, I just feel that so much was put into the fight by the fans, only for it to fall apart, this fight at this is no better than Pac vs Bradley or May vs Robert.

Comment

• Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
              $80 million in two fights.

Those $40 mill+ PPV upside are looking nice for Pacquiao right now. Too bad he'd be lucky to even get $10 million from Mayweather now.
              you on one hand condone cowardliness....

I on the other hand , do not!

To each their own! Id rather go out on my shield than to be labeled a pu$$y!
              Google Rich coward and click images tell me who you see? Thats sad!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kenny MF Powers View Post
                Very much so, but who thought Manny was gonna get laid out like that..?He should have just taken the offer with everything he wanted in 2009. We can all speculate why he chose not to, but in the end it makes no difference. We get no fight.

As for Floyd, Im dissapointed that he didnt do more to make the fight. Pretty much the whole time he kind of seemed like he didnt give a **** about it. Sorta had the attitude that if Manny actually wants the fight they will do something to make it happen and, well, we all know how this story ends.
                No one thought it, not even Pac when JMM floored him minutes before. Although JMM floored pac earlier in the fight, Pac was more suprised and off balance as he thought he was going to the abs. Pac didnt think JMM could ko him, and thats why he was so reckless when he got ko'ed.

But Pac was ahead against a person who was suppposed to be his stsyle nightmare, which speaks volumes of Pacs abilities. Lets get one thing straight, just cos JMM found that punch, Floyd wouldnt have a one punch KO like that. He would likely be losing against Pac just like JMM was.

Comment

• I blame Arum and always have. How some dont see it is beyond me but hey some are blind. Dont worry though the arum spin will have a whole new breed believing Mares is afraid of Nonito soon enough.

Comment

• Can we name another time in the entire history of boxing where 2 of arguably the greatest fighters of a generation both resided in the same weight class & never fought??

Of course I feel let down. I mean I expected that from both sides since boxing is a business now sport somewhere down the line. Which is why I stopped supporting either man a while back. Just like I'm backing off of Martinez now. Just like I called Ward/Pavlik a cherrypick. Just like I don't like ginger who's all of the above rolled in 1 except he's beaten no one.

Comment

• Originally posted by PAC-BOY View Post
                      :AOR: took him long enough. fighting four times youd think the times gonna come. Even i knew this fight was a bad idea! You really need to be careful with the ...Ending reign nonsense until you see what Manny does when he comes back. And i know its only opinion that you feel Floyd would have done some schooling, But i dont think he would have time to be a teacher in that ring with Manny. Maybe it will still happen. Floyd normally only fights little washed up guys. So if Manny is done..we may still see it.
                      Nah....scratch that! Health first! :WORD:
                      Took him long enough? Lol he schooled him the previous fight.

Marquez's clearest wins over Pacquiao were at WW where he was about two weight classes past his best, and several years past his prime

Comment

Working...
                      X