Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The all new, Mayweather/Pac Master Discussion Thread - The fight that will never be.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by F-22 Raptor View Post
    Damn LarryX you're still actively posting...damn..it's been years since I left.
    Yes sir,how you been?

Comment

• Thank God we dont have to hear this **** anymore

Comment

• Originally posted by MR. LARRYX View Post
        Thank God we dont have to hear this **** anymore
        You never wanted to see it? Obviously not now, but even before?

Comment

• We can now conclude that Mayweather vs Pacquiao will never happen.

Congrats to Floyd!

Comment

• Jmm ko'd Manny....have to be honest wish Floyd was the one who did it,to much bull**** to many obstacles...Glad Manny is ok(never wish harm to any fighter ever) damn shame this fight never happened,but props to Marquez his persestance payed off

Comment

• I felt like Floyd would take up the chance to fight Manny now. I would love to see it, since I'm Filipino. Although I believe Floyd's boxing would be way better, he'd do the same thing to Manny, Floyd's got a laser beam right. I also think his footwork would conserve more energy as well.

Comment

• Sad this fight is probably never going to happen now because it would have been good for boxing and the fact that it never came about just shows everything that is wrong with this sport.

However, I am happy for Marquez because I felt he was robbed the last couple of times and he was able to put a decisive finish to the Marquez/Pacquiao series that was unfortunatley known just as much for questionable judging as it was for good boxing.

Also, I never thought that Pacquiao/Mayweather fight would have been that competitive, so I don't think we missed out on a great 'fight', just a great moment for the sport.

I mean, there is still the chance it could happen, but it'd be sort of like Hopkins/Jones Jr. at this point...

Comment

• Originally posted by Insane Ninja View Post
                  Sad this fight is probably never going to happen now because it would have been good for boxing and the fact that it never came about just shows everything that is wrong with this sport.

However, I am happy for Marquez because I felt he was robbed the last couple of times and he was able to put a decisive finish to the Marquez/Pacquiao series that was unfortunatley known just as much for questionable judging as it was for good boxing.

Also, I never thought that Pacquiao/Mayweather fight would have been that competitive, so I don't think we missed out on a great 'fight', just a great moment for the sport.

I mean, there is still the chance it could happen, but it'd be sort of like Hopkins/Jones Jr. at this point...
                  How so?

Manny isn't over the hill. He just can't box against guys who can move while boxing. If you were to get ANY WW to dehydrate down to a mannyweight, Manny would instantly look like magic again.

Hopkins and Jones were way passed their prime and in their 40s when they rematched. No comparison.

Just because Manny Pacquiao got exposed for not being able to handle fighters who can box while moving doesn't make him passed his prime. It exposes his real pedigree, which isn't a terrible thing. Its just means that he was very hyped up at 147 and 154.

Manny has never beaten a top 3 WW or jrMW. That proves that he was greatly hyped up as he was rated as a top WW without ever having beaten a top WW.

Shit happens. Manny should have stuck to fighting WWs who were willing to drain down. He would have went out looking like a conqueror.

The truth got some light shined on its asss tonight, and a lot of people don't like it.

Comment

• they can go ahead and unsticky this thread

and the pinoy lounge can be removed as well. is anybody posting there after last night?

Comment

• Originally posted by New England View Post
                      they can go ahead and unsticky this thread

and the pinoy lounge can be removed as well. is anybody posting there after last night?
                      ^^^^ Hahahahahahahahaha

If the Pinoys leave, then 98% of Boxingscene's members and the many, many alts would disappear.

What would they do then?

Actually talk about ... boxing?

Comment

Working...
                      X