Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The all new, Mayweather/Pac Master Discussion Thread - The fight that will never be.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
    He's already going down as a scared fighter, he waited until Pacquiao was past his prime, waited until Cotto was past his prime, waited until Mosley was past his prime, wouldn't fight Margarito, wouldn't fight Hatton at 140 or even a catchweight, wouldn't fight Marquez at 145, won't fight Martinez, won't fight outside his backyard...the list goes on.
    Not fighting Pacquiao is Pac own fault! Floyd wanted PAC to prove that he's not a Terminator and PAC couldn't even do that.

Comment

• Been gave up on this one...... It wont happen.... And it will affect both legacies

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
        for the same reason manny wont give JMM or cotto 50/50.
        As i said Floyd as so much to gain from this Pac fight, he can go some way to redeem his broken reputation somewhat...you cant put a figure on that its priceless.
        He has the opportunty to fight the man considered the best of this era.....Floyd shouldnt think so much about money all the time as it just confirms stereotypes about him already.

Its not as if Floyd takes less money than his opponents is it, so whats JMM and Cotto got to do with anything?

Comment

• Originally posted by Rk16 View Post
          Now tell me,what has Pacquiao done to make this fight happen?
          Well he did agree to paly Barbie with Floyd if they do fight. Just like how he played dart with Hatton and sing with Marquez.

Comment

• Originally posted by MJ223 View Post
            Been gave up on this one...... It wont happen.... And it will affect both legacies
            It will affect both legacies even if it does. Any victory would be tainted.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rk16 View Post
              Now tell me,what has Pacquiao done to make this fight happen?
              You need to go out of your basement and breath fresh air. You don't have to take my word for it. Take a random survey in the street and people are blaming Floyd. Fifty cent confirmed Floyd has been running away from Pac. This is his best friend, not an internet fanboy like you and me. Stephen Smith, a Floyd fan, finally admitted Floyd is ducking Pac.

Comment

• Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
                As i said Floyd as so much to gain from this Pac fight, he can go some way to redeem his broken reputation somewhat...you cant put a figure on that its priceless.
                He has the opportunty to fight the man considered the best of this era.....Floyd shouldnt think so much about money all the time as it just confirms stereotypes about him already.

Its not as if Floyd takes less money than his opponents is it, so whats JMM and Cotto got to do with anything?
                Why doesn't Pacquiao take the smaller money and try redeem his career?
                People feel he can't fight technical fighters so why not do what it takes this fight and get his chance to prove himself and still make more money than he did in any other fight?
                That point can be argued both ways
                Look over the negotiations over the last few years,Pacquiao is the only one Floyd had trouble dealing with but Oscar,Hatton and Cotto all had difficulty with manny cos he wants to fight on his terms....Floyd is top dog in the money game and shouldn't have to split equally
                He offered it before and Pacquiao refused it
                Both fighters have massive ego's

Comment

• Originally posted by Fasttimes View Post
                  No, A lot of Sauerland fighters in Europe take random testing, Khan's been doing it.

Ray Leonard told Hearns he wanted roid tests, Tyson told Holy as well. They all had no problems with it.

The only reason it was a big deal is because HE made it a big deal instead of just accepting and making the fight, instead of making excuses and lying.
                  Pac never had a problem taking the test. It was a cutoff date they couldn't agree on. He didn't want to be tested close to fight night and even offered up to be tested immediately after the fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cgarcia View Post
                    You need to go out of your basement and breath fresh air. You don't have to take my word for it. Take a random survey in the street and people are blaming Floyd. Fifty cent confirmed Floyd has been running away from Pac. This is his best friend, not an internet fanboy like you and me. Stephen Smith, a Floyd fan, finally admitted Floyd is ducking Pac.
                    Haha your some muppet
                    A lot of the people who blame Floyd are Pacquiao fans or have no problem with someone cheating with steroids
                    Random testing was not an issue til Pacquiao made it an issue
                    Then he found his way out of the fight

Comment

• Originally posted by Deevel916 View Post
                      Pac never had a problem taking the test. It was a cutoff date they couldn't agree on. He didn't want to be tested close to fight night and even offered up to be tested immediately after the fight.
                      Mayweather offered him a 7 day cut off which was plenty time to recover from the blood sample being taking and Pacquiao refused
                      Therefore I think Pacquiao had a problem taking the tests

Comment

Working...
                      X