Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The all new, Mayweather/Pac Master Discussion Thread - The fight that will never be.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JoeMan View Post
    That's the problem. They can't even come up with alternative fights for their part-time idol. Here's Martinez and Canelo willing to bow down to their idol, yet where the **** is he? Canelo seems to have given up on Floyd and is now challenging Martinez. This is typical. Floyd da best stays away from the ring when the competition is getting tough. He just let these guys fight each other

Exactly. He did it with Cotto, Margarito, SSM he fought the leftovers and history is repeating itself again.

I will actually go as far as to say Floyd is a nobody in boxing. Just fights leftovers continually. He has taken one or two challenges in his whole career and they were mostly when he was nobody trying to make a name for himself.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
      there only roadblocks if you make them. Floyd simply agreed to manny's requests and kept it moving. when it was manny's time to agree, we get 51/2 month delays which his fans act as if that is ok.

Like I said Manny will keep coming down. Eventually, he will agree to fight for far less than he could have in dec 09. I'll enjoy it when manny gets his as beat for 30% of the revenue when he could have had 50% if he were not afraid of needles or if he were the only human being in the civilized world who can't operate after getting a tiny bit of his blood drawn.
      Floyd didn't simply agree with Manny because if he did then we would have a fight or two in the books by now!

You even admit that it's Manny that keeps on agreeing and Floyd keeps on putting new roadblocks 5-6 months later .... but you are blaming the wrong guy .... you should be blaming the guy who said "ALL I WANT IS A FAIR FIGHT .... TAKE THE TEST AND WE HAVE A FIGHT"

...... BUT now Floyd has gone too far with his "I WANT ALL PPV MONEY". How can you expect anyone that is a PPV draw to accept that for such a huge mega-fight?

From your posts you are considering Manny as a C or at best a B category fighter when it comes to PPV fights. Manny is NOT that! Manny has been generating a ton of money for boxing and is always #1 or #2 in yearly revenues. So you need to change your attitude about Manny before you can get it.

Again, it's not Floyd by himself that will generate $150-200 million .... it will take a fight between Floyd and Manny. BIG DIFFERENCE .... and Floyd does NOT deserve to reap all the benefits from that (ALL PPV MONEY).

AGAIN, the article below disputes that only one deserves ALL PPV MONEY.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...est/index.html

Comment

• Originally posted by ADP02 View Post
        Floyd didn't simply agree with Manny because if he did then we would have a fight or two in the books by now!

You even admit that it's Manny that keeps on agreeing and Floyd keeps on putting new roadblocks 5-6 months later .... but you are blaming the wrong guy .... you should be blaming the guy who said "ALL I WANT IS A FAIR FIGHT .... TAKE THE TEST AND WE HAVE A FIGHT"

...... BUT now Floyd has gone too far with his "I WANT ALL PPV MONEY". How can you expect anyone that is a PPV draw to accept that for such a huge mega-fight?

From your posts you are considering Manny as a C or at best a B category fighter when it comes to PPV fights. Manny is NOT that! Manny has been generating a ton of money for boxing and is always #1 or #2 in yearly revenues. So you need to change your attitude about Manny before you can get it.

Again, it's not Floyd by himself that will generate $150-200 million .... it will take a fight between Floyd and Manny. BIG DIFFERENCE .... and Floyd does NOT deserve to reap all the benefits from that (ALL PPV MONEY).

AGAIN, the article below disputes that only one deserves ALL PPV MONEY.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...est/index.html

I consider Manny to be rudolph the red nose reindeer as far as a fight with floyd is concerned. Manny is the leader of the pack. he is the best reindeer. he can talk and has a big red nose. he has songs and TV shows made about him. But he is still juat a reindeer.

You keep trying to make it seem like somehow I am not giving manny his fair shake. why? just because I don't hold him up as high as you do? Please. STop the whining and crying.

Manny wants it his way as he is used to getting because the last dozen or so people TR has matched him against generate less than he does. Floyd wants it his way because he is the biggest earner in the sport and has also gotten used to having his way.

Manny has just as much dirt on his hands as floyd does when it comes to the fight not getting made. Manny does generate a lot of money, no question. SO iinstead of actually agreeing to fight, he exercises his options. He takes in house fights for less money until floyd offers him what he wants. Thats the reason the fight isn't happening-manny can fight twice a year and make about $55 mil. If manny didn't have those options he'd have agreed to osdt from the start without all the BS.

You are never honest about floyd's last offer. Manny got a guarantee for $40 mil that was much more than he ever earned with the bulk of the ppv revenue so its not like he is getting nothing. Sorry but even though I think that offer is crazy, I dont see why manny should expect another great offer since he turned it down initally.

If all you want to do is give manny credit for agreeing and not actually discuss what happened between offer and agreement, then this is pointless. Manny is going to fight his 4th blown up jr ww in a row. Most reputable boxing sites have floyd in the #1 spot and manny somehwre between 2-3, especially those where a vote amongst boxing writers is taken.

Floyd continues to sell over 1.25 mil ppv's whenever he fights. Floyd's #'s are certified by HBO, not just what bob reports that always change months later. As much as some of you try to blame floyd the public isn't buying it.

I hope they do reach an agreement to fight. But stop with the crusade to blame floyd only. Manny made his decisions or he let Bob make them for him. either way he is just as responsible for the fight not happening.

Comment

• It's simple. Floyd generates more $$$ via PPV's than Manny. Manny should accept the lesser amount of the revenue. If Manny earned more than Floyd, then Floyd would have to naturally settle for the lesser amount.

Now - If Manny were to beat Floyd (decision, KO, whatever) his stock would rise and he'd be in the position of commanding the higher portions of future purses. Particularly if there's a rematch clause.

Unfortunately, not many expect Manny to pull off a win against Floyd, hence the excuses from Team Pacquiao and doubts of the fight ever being made.

Comment

• Ain't no point arguing with these chumps anymore.. For more than 2 years its take the test and we have a fight. If manny is clean he'll take the test. Now it's manny doesn't deserve any of the ppv, Floyd is the draw here so manny gets nothing. Like I said aint no point anymore.. These guys been exposed already. It used to be fun and entertaining but now these guys ain't got nothing worth debating its a old record repeating. Manny has made it clear that ost is no longer an issue and that he'll take less. Until we hear something new on Floyd about what manny agreed on aint no point cuz these guys ain't got jack to say.

Comment

• Pac dont need to say anything as hes giving the world another fight, Pacs all action. Floyd is all mouth no action.

Floyds got no mouth and no action at the moment though. When hes in the wrong he stays quiet as he dont want to put his foot in it again.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
                I consider Manny to be rudolph the red nose reindeer as far as a fight with floyd is concerned. Manny is the leader of the pack. he is the best reindeer. he can talk and has a big red nose. he has songs and TV shows made about him. But he is still juat a reindeer.

You keep trying to make it seem like somehow I am not giving manny his fair shake. why? just because I don't hold him up as high as you do? Please. STop the whining and crying.

Manny wants it his way as he is used to getting because the last dozen or so people TR has matched him against generate less than he does. Floyd wants it his way because he is the biggest earner in the sport and has also gotten used to having his way.

Manny has just as much dirt on his hands as floyd does when it comes to the fight not getting made. Manny does generate a lot of money, no question. SO iinstead of actually agreeing to fight, he exercises his options. He takes in house fights for less money until floyd offers him what he wants. Thats the reason the fight isn't happening-manny can fight twice a year and make about $55 mil. If manny didn't have those options he'd have agreed to osdt from the start without all the BS.

You are never honest about floyd's last offer. Manny got a guarantee for $40 mil that was much more than he ever earned with the bulk of the ppv revenue so its not like he is getting nothing. Sorry but even though I think that offer is crazy, I dont see why manny should expect another great offer since he turned it down initally.

If all you want to do is give manny credit for agreeing and not actually discuss what happened between offer and agreement, then this is pointless. Manny is going to fight his 4th blown up jr ww in a row. Most reputable boxing sites have floyd in the #1 spot and manny somehwre between 2-3, especially those where a vote amongst boxing writers is taken.

Floyd continues to sell over 1.25 mil ppv's whenever he fights. Floyd's #'s are certified by HBO, not just what bob reports that always change months later. As much as some of you try to blame floyd the public isn't buying it.

I hope they do reach an agreement to fight. But stop with the crusade to blame floyd only. Manny made his decisions or he let Bob make them for him. either way he is just as responsible for the fight not happening.

Like Floyd says about Manny all the time, that $40 million will be less once Manny starts paying off his people. After paying off his people, it may be close to the amount that he gets fighting someone else .... so again, why should Manny accept that deal?

Everyone but some of you die-hard Floyd fans realize that it would be crazy for Manny to agree with so much money on the table.

Manny has made several concessions ..... Floyd has not. Just by that fact, one is much more interested than the other to get this on.
                Last edited by ADP02; 10-24-2012, 11:14 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by .WaRCoTTo. View Post
                  4th, I agree, I mean Pac needs guys to come at him and not have any head movement, seeing Mayweather next to Cotto made me sure that Mayweather is BIG and will use his size length and movement to nearly shut Pacquiao out..
                  Wow...this is so stupid. Considering Pacquiao beated Cotto first. So what's the point. I saw Pacquiao next to Cotto, and i saw Pacquiao destroying Cotto.

Comment

• i feel like this fight will take place in 2013

Comment

• Originally posted by ADP02 View Post
                      Like Floyd says about Manny all the time, that $40 million will be less once Manny starts paying off his people. After paying off his people, it may be close to the amount that he gets fighting someone else .... so again, why should Manny accept that deal?

Everyone but some of you die-hard Floyd fans realize that it would be crazy for Manny to agree with so much money on the table.

Manny has made several concessions ..... Floyd has not. Just by that fact, one is much more interested than the other to get this on.
                      Stop asking floyd to offset what manny loses because of the way his deal is structured at top rank. Manny had chances to leave TR and he chose not to.

Manny has been forced to make concessions as his options have weakened. Please don't act like he has made them out of the goodness of his heart or because he is eager for the fight He makes concessions when the he senses public opinion isn't totally in his favor.

Comment

Working...
                      X