No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Donaire vs Nishioka Approved For WBC Diamond Title

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by danktrees View Post
    you know what most ppl/non-fans complain about regarding boxing? Its the fact that there are too many belts, people don't know who the champs are because there are a trillion belts out there. So adding a new and even more meaningless belt only makes things worse.

and if you want to talk about the business side of the sport at least learn a little bit about it first...they didn't create the belt in order to bring attention to the fight. They created the belt to collect more more money from the fighters ala stupid belts like the wbc silver belts etc.

and I can speak for non-fans cuz I talk to enough of them about boxing whenever there is a mayweather or pacquiao fight and everyone pretends for one night that they've been watching boxing their whole life. so I know exactly what their concerns are about all the bs belts in boxing. Case in point ask any non boxing fan what the diamond belt is. The answer you'll get will either be "I don't know" or a random guess that will most likely be wrong. This is how you know that the diamond belt does not create any interest in boxing.
    Hahaha, sorry my friend i am in the business i work for the W.B.C. , and you where do you work?

Comment

This **** has got to stop! Every decent fight that comes along the WBC feels the need to steal some headlines and put up some makeshift trinket that means absolutely nothing. Why don't they make headlines for the right things like giving Nishi back the belt he rightfully won and defended 6 times in the span of 3 years. Than give Mares a silver belt as a consolation for beating a bantam at a catchweight when both guys weren't even ranked at 122. Than strip guys like Floyd who hasn't defended his WBC strap in a year or name an actual mandatory to Canelo instead of beating around the bush and making every Jr Middle fight each other for the right to challenge Canelo. (Vanes vs Lara, Kirk vs Angulo, Molina vs Kirk, etc).

Nishi is the top fighter at 122 and real fans of the sport don't need the WBC's bull**** trinkets to make this a legit fight. All I want to see is the best fight the best in competitive match ups regardless of who has some crap title they probably earned due to politics.

Comment

**** the wbc

Comment

Originally posted by dchampishere View Post
          I wonder if people relies that this is sports entertainment? It is to signify a fight between two outstanding champions and to try garner a few more press releases to try to get the attention of non-fans to boost the sport.
          I think the 2 major sanctioned titles (IBF/WBO) that are officially on the line for this fight along with the respected Ring magazine belt are more than enough. This "WBC Silver belt" is designed to steal headlines from a fight that the WBC is not involved with, being that you supposedly work for the WBC you probably already know this. With 3 belts on the line I don't think a crap trinket will boost the sport any or any more attention of non fans.

Also, since you "work" for the WBC than you already know that Nishioka is "Champion Emeritus" which in short means we're taking your title and giving it to someone else who doesn't deserve it because you're name isn't big enough to hold a belt that you rightfully earned. If he wins the "Silver belt" too, does that make him "Champion Emeritus Silver belt Champion" and what exactly does that mean, lol?

Comment

I wonder if people relies that this is sports entertainment? It is to signify a fight between two outstanding champions and to try garner a few more press releases to try to get the attention of non-fans to boost the sport.
            It is just like i said, this is business gentlemen, sports entertainment. If you do not like it that is ok because it really dose not matter. The fighters like it and really that's what matters

Comment

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
              And Mares Morel was contested at a catchweight, 120.
              thats some pacquiao type ****

Comment

Hahaha, sorry my friend i am in the business i work for the W.B.C. , and you where do you work?
                you do?why have they been f.u.cking sergio the last couple years?

Comment

every organization is pretty much a joke now a days with all these belts being handed out, but this diamond belt is a trophy more than an actual belt. they still sanction the fighters though right? i hope it's not too much. if i was donaire or nishioka, i wouldn't mind being offered another new shiny belt to have in my possession if i win my next fight, especially the wbc green belt.

Comment

This is throwing WBC crap on top of someone elses show, because it's better than their own. This is a good matchup and it hasn't escaped anybodies attention that they dont need the WBC dingleberry fuzzy dice to prove their worth. Some organizations are corrupt, and money hungry, but do they have to be shameless too?

Comment

Originally posted by letsgobrady View Post
                      thats some pacquiao type ****
                      I know man, except it wasn't 8 divisions up against a guy 17lbs heavier, with an iron chin. Was against an old fringe bantam. It'd be more alike if Mares disfigured Morel, then Nishioka asks to defend against Morel at 120, with 126 rehydration limit.

Comment

Working...
                      X