Collapse
No announcement yet.

Floyd vs Martinez-Chavez Winner????

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think Chavez would murder Floyd and im pretty sure he wouldnt want anything to do with him.
    Martinez could be a good fight, but Canelo could be an easier and more lucrative option?

Comment

I want to see either fight bad. Obviously Sergio is the best legacy fight if he wins. Should be an easy fight to make, all boxing fans would love that

Mayweather/JR is the most lucrative fight out there outside of Pacquiao. Canelo would be close, but anyone who's ever watched boxing ever knows the name Chavez. I mean, he'd be coming off beating a top 3 P4P'er

Plenty of people think that JR can't make 160 forever...there could be a point, relatively soon, where he will struggle to make that and it will be actually a disadvantage for him to stay there for a fight....I doubt any of it happens, but there might be a sliver of a chance if the timing is perfect. Depends on how JR looks, if he's a wrecking ball against Sergio no way Floyd should entertain that idea.

Comment

Floyd would have a hell of time against Chavez Jr. at 160. I promised myself I'd never pick against Floyd again though. I'd like to see it, but we won't.

If Martinez wins against Chavez Jr., Floyd vs Martinez at 160 or 154 sound good to me. If Floyd goes up and gets the lineal MW title from Martinez, that'd be a hell of a way to end a career.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Sandman View Post
          The question is, would Chavez be 154 on fight night? Because I know Floyd usually fights between 147-150 area. His comfortable weight. Isn't 30+ lbs kind of over doing it?
          It's ambiguous, but common sense and syntax indicate that he's talking about Martinez at 154.

Comment

I mean people are saying, Floyd should fight the winner of Martinez vs Chavez. No. Just no. Just say Martinez if he wins.

Comment

Mayweather's options are slim and none with Khan picking up the remains of his career.

Pacquiao? Would require a lot bending on both sides. Chavez? Yeah right.

Berto and Guerrero serve no purpose. That leaves Martinez and Bradley. Another win over Pacquiao makes Bradley a strong candidate, especially if he's a free agent next year. And Martinez at 154 makes sense if he's able to shine in his first PPV headliner.

Comment

Floyd would not be able to keep a 185 pound Chavez off of him.

It'd almost not be fair.

Comment

Floyd will automatically be a hall of famer. But IMO, he hasn't beat anyone to be called an all time great. He would have to beat Manny, and then challenge one of those guys for the undisputed middleweight championship. He has an awesome resume. But the big names like De La Hoya,and Mosley were not in there prime and Marquez was too small. If it was the opposite, Floyd would be top 5 greatest of all time.But that's not his fault that he fought them at that stage. He had been calling them out. If he really did decide to take that risk and fight Chavez, or Martinez, and beat them, top 10 all time hands down.

Comment

I'm taking bets that Chavez Jr won't make weight for the Martinez fight

Comment

Mayweather wouldnt fight Chavez if he wins against Sergio.

Hes too big.

Comment

Working...
                      X