No announcement yet.

Donaire and Nishioka to fight for The Ring title

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
    Yea well, before it was the #1 and #2 guy. Then came the Khan-Garcia situation and then anybody could fight anybody as long as the board feels like they should/could Wtf? What's the point of the ranking then? This title is becoming a joke like the rest.

Btw didn't Cunningham-Hernandez had a situation like this too?
    I agree in general, the new policy is crap, but it's open enough it'll be hard to accuse them of inconsistency. It's certainly open to bias. But it was published before Khan Garcia.

USS YPH was a different kind of a screwup. Huck was rated #1, then removed from the rankings before he ever fought at HW, despite lobbying the WBO to keep his cruiser belt. He also promptly returned to cruiser after the HW bout.

Comment

Still doesn't change the fact that he's ranked below Rigo. If they feel Donaire has better accomplishments why is he still ranked below Rigo but yet fighting for The Ring championship?
      well, lets just say ring rankings are ****....if this is aint legit , why is rigo at #2 legit? ..it goes both ways

Comment

Originally posted by danceswithfire View Post
        well, lets just say ring rankings are ****....if this is aint legit , why is rigo at #2 legit? ..it goes both ways
        I never said he was. I just said in my previous post that Donaire probably deserves to be above Rigo since he now holds two belts. But The Ring obviously doesn't feel that way but somehow they feel he should be fighting for their championship. How does that make sense? Think about it. "Well you don't belong at #2 but you certainly deserve to fight for our championship." Sounds pretty dumb if you ask me.

This is why I refuse to follow ratings at times. They could be used as a point of reference but sometimes you just can't take them seriously.
        Last edited by .:: JSFD26 ::.; 08-07-2012, 09:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
          I agree in general, the new policy is crap, but it's open enough it'll be hard to accuse them of inconsistency. It's certainly open to bias. But it was published before Khan Garcia.

USS YPH was a different kind of a screwup. Huck was rated #1, then removed from the rankings before he ever fought at HW, despite lobbying the WBO to keep his cruiser belt. He also promptly returned to cruiser after the HW bout.
          But then they put Huck back into the ratings at #1 when he hasn't done **** but Draw Afolabi and he's been talking about fighting at HW again. He was just trying to fight Povetkin a second time...

Comment

I never said he was. I just said in my previous post that Donaire probably deserves to be above Rigo since he now holds two belts. But The Ring obviously doesn't feel that way but somehow they feel he should be fighting for their championship. How does that make sense? Think about it. "Well you don't belong at #2 but you certainly deserve to fight for our championship." Sounds pretty dumb if you ask me.

This is why I refuse to follow ratings at times. They could be used as a point of reference but sometimes you just can't take them seriously.
            well, he is fighting the 1 guy and like you said nonito prolly deserves to be higher than rigo anyways despite not on paper...it might look dumb on paper, but truthfully speaking based on what they did in the weighclass, it's legit..imo atleast

Comment

also , we all know nishioka is the real wbc champion anyways so this fight should've been a unification of the 3 belts..out of 4...if you have the 3 belts , you pretty is the number 1 guy

Comment

Well this will just make the winner duck Rigo since now they dont need to beat him for the "coveted" ring title. Kinda sucks to be him right now and Donaire will think hes the lineal champ if he wins and run to 126 or Arce. Ouch. Still, its justifiable

Comment

Yes it should be for the ring tittle and Donaire should be ranked #2 anyway in my opinion. What a great fight. The best against the best. Donaire has proven again that he fears no fighter in his weight class. If he can beat Nishioka in good style I think he earns #3 PFP.

Comment

fu8k ring magazine ....it lost its credability when DLH bought it. AND put Floyd #2 p4p when he didnt even rank a year before due to his retirement . He comes back and cheats JMM on the scales. Beats[cheats] him and then all of a sudden hes #2....GTFO....fu8k RING!

Comment

But then they put Huck back into the ratings at #1 when he hasn't done **** but Draw Afolabi and he's been talking about fighting at HW again. He was just trying to fight Povetkin a second time...
                      He wasn't promoted to 1 for beating Afolabi. he was reinstated. They admitted it was a mistake to remove him in the first place.

Comment

Working...
                      X