Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Floyd's legacy stuck between a rock and a hard place.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cixthree View Post
    none of what you said has anything to do with "Boxing"
    boxing is not "Speed"
    Bxing is not "Balls"
    Boxing is not "Punching Power" Or "Toughness"...

We can admire these things in a fighter, but those things don't make them a great boxer...
    But it's all subjective and we see what we want to....

..........Boxing is a sport, elite athleticism/physical intangibles is what separates the elite from the good. Those attributes are HUGE reasons why certain fighters are the ATG's. If Ray Leonard wasnt as fast/strong/durable as he was, he wouldnt even be mentioned in the conversation, same goes for Ray Rob, Ali, the list goes on.

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
      Nah bruh, this thread is dedicated to Floyd and his haters such as yourself. You're gonna be one miserable guy being so worried about what people think about Floyd. Cause guess what? Adrien Broner is coming up once Floyd is gone to replace him as the GOAT. Then you have to deal with his presence.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android
      I dont care about Broner, because he doesnt have Floyd's natural fighting ability. People can claim hes this or that, but he wont have half as much hype as Floyd, so whatever.

Comment

Originally posted by timboslice708 View Post
        No doubt Mayweather is blessed with athleticism, but the gap between their athleticsm isnt as small as you'd like to believe. Its not a matter of Floyd had comparable athleticism and much better skills, its a matter of Jones had much more athleticism/speed/power/relfex/timing and had less skills. Floyd's skills are not so god like that it "more than makes up" for the athletic discrepancy.

Edit: Roy jones had natural fighting abilities, he could see punches coming from a mile away and move his head from shots landing due to his athleticism. His foot work was great, and he could time a counter punch perfectly, his fighting style was unbeatable at the time. That's why I use PRIME Roy Jones as an example. His athleticism is what made him great.
        Well I've already conceded that RJJ was the better athlete, but you list all of those athletic qualities as if May hasn't displayed them as well. Again, i think that May in his prime was supremely athletic, and his speed, timing, and reflexes were comparable to prime RJJ. I'll just have to agree to disagree with you here.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGBOXINGFAN View Post
          Floyd has punching power, speed and balls.
          Floyd also is the best defensive fighter of all time. (check the stats)
          Floyd also is the most accurate puncher of all time. (check the stats)

Add a great chin, great foot speed, and great all around skill.........and what you have there is the 'greatest talent boxing has spawned'
          He doesnt have the balls to face the best of the best on a consistent basis. Check what stats, HBO's insanely skewed propaganda machine. Great chin? Whenever dude gets legitimately hit with a solid shot, he gets rocked. In order to prove he's the greatest talent of all time, you have to see him in there with ELITE styles, which he hasnt done.

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
            Ray Robinson is a great fighter ahead of his time by at least a generation but he isn't half what you are making him out to be.

Him and Floyd are out of the same mold, one is more aggressive and one is more efficient.

What you are doing with Ray Robinson is exactly what you are dogging people for doing with Floyd~ so quit being a hypocrite.
            How many of the people who say Ray Robinson is the best actually saw his fights?

Not much film on the guy.

Ray Robinson is considered the best because of how many fights he won.
            That doesn't mean that Robinson would have beat a Floyd Mayweather.

How many fighters on Ray Robinson resume had floyd Mayweather talent?

And the same for Floyd......Who has Floyd ever fought with the talent of a Ray Robinson?

My point is.....how would we ever know who would have won a fight between them without them fighting?

So many great fighters from different eras.

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
              Nah bruh, this thread is dedicated to Floyd and his haters such as yourself. You're gonna be one miserable guy being so worried about what people think about Floyd. Cause guess what? Adrien Broner is coming up once Floyd is gone to replace him as the GOAT. Then you have to deal with his presence.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

beat Escobedo and Eloy focking Perez = becoming the next Floyd

what the hell is wrong with you people

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
                Ray Robinson is a great fighter ahead of his time by at least a generation but he isn't half what you are making him out to be.

Him and Floyd are out of the same mold, one is more aggressive and one is more efficient.

What you are doing with Ray Robinson is exactly what you are dogging people for doing with Floyd~ so quit being a hypocrite.
                He's proven time and time again, that he can beat the best of the best, Floyd's scared to get in there with someone he has a natural weight/height/reach advantage on. "self preservation" Child please. It came straight from your god's mouth, so twist it any which way you want, (which you will).

Comment

Originally posted by BIGBOXINGFAN View Post
                  I feet there is no GOAT.
                  So many great fighters from different eras.

The only way to know who is better... they would have had to fight eachother wich could never happen.

Floyd is one of the very best fighters of all time along with several others.
                  No he is not he is not up there with the very best his claim to being regarded so highly is simply very weak comparing Floyd's resume with the top ATG fighters Floyd's resume pales in comparison. When it's all said and done history will reflect that fact.

Comment

Just call it junior LW. It's 130, and I have Alexis Arguello beating Floyd at 130.
                    I love both fighters to death. Arguello was a monster, but he couldn't beat Floyd at 130. I have Floyd as the best who ever lived at that weight. Floyd went up in weight so he is not stuck between a rock and a hard place when it comes to being the best at any weight above 130.

Comment

He doesnt have the balls to face the best of the best on a consistent basis. Check what stats, HBO's insanely skewed propaganda machine. Great chin? Whenever dude gets legitimately hit with a solid shot, he gets rocked. In order to prove he's the greatest talent of all time, you have to see him in there with ELITE styles, which he hasnt done.
                      Name one fighter in the history of the sport who hasn't been rocked?
                      Also name these so called elite fighters that Floyd hasn't fought.
                      The stats are real my friend not HBo made up.

You should do your homework before talking out. It makes you look like you know nothing about the sport.

Comment

Working...
                      X