Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Floyd's legacy stuck between a rock and a hard place.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by !! Shawn View Post
    Like I said... so if I can show you a fighter that combined angles, leaping hooks, and movement that fought before Ray Robinson, you would admit that you are an idiot?
    I'll admit, that fighters like Ali/SRL still got their style from Ray Rob due to his success using it, and his transcending abilities. But, yeah I'll admit I was wrong that Ray Rob first had that style, not that Im an idiot.

Edit: So who was it? Im actually quite interested to find out. Im not being sarcastic, post a vid link as well, if you dont mind. Never hurts to add boxing knowledge.
    Last edited by timboslice708; 08-05-2012, 05:12 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by timboslice708 View Post
      I'll admit, that fighters like Ali/SRL still got their style from Ray Rob due to his success using it, and his transcending abilities. But, yeah I'll admit I was wrong that Ray Rob first had that style, not that Im an idiot.

Edit: So who was it? Im actually quite interested to find out.
      Archie Moore and Joe Walcott both had already developed styles based on angles and ambushing before Robinson had even turned professional.

There are also several contemporary fighters with similar styles to Robinson who fight in and around his time. Ezzard Charles for example. There were also truly slick fighters such as Willie Pep, who consequently Robinson viewed as the best fighter of all time.

Comment

Um, no, im replying back to like 4 different posters, Im sorry I didnt have the time to hit the back button and go through 3 pages to see that you wrote that. And I gave you a logical answer, and now your acting like you've won some battle for Floyd's heart. Im using Ray Rob as an example, because he is the GOAT. We're discussing that fact that Floyd is not the GOAT by any stretch of the imagination, so why not use the real GOAT as an example as to why Floyd cant hold his jock strap.
        funny response to the gambler, lol, nice, hes from detroit so floyds is his idol and his hero, ask him, he might lie about it but floyd really is his idol

Comment

• Originally posted by Tha_Greatest View Post
          funny response to the gambler, lol, nice, hes from detroit so floyds is his idol and his hero, ask him, he might lie about it but floyd really is his idol
          And who is yours, Clark Kent or Superman?

Comment

• Floyd will go down as a certified ATG and probably the best fighter of his era. Floyd's the best figther boxing has seen since Sweet Pea imo.

Comment

Edit: So who was it? Im actually quite interested to find out. Im not being sarcastic, post a vid link as well, if you dont mind. Never hurts to add boxing knowledge.
              So what you received 30000 posts and a trillion views, lmao.

You never defended thread number 1's dubious comments, and the thread went off topic. Cong**** though.

Ali and Leonard "didn't get their styles" from SRR. They patterned their styles after their idols/ heroes, and Robinson patterned his style after Louis. The list goes on and on for every fighter that they've looked up to.

Comment

• Originally posted by Frank Ducketts View Post
                And who is yours, Clark Kent or Superman?
                no thats yours

Comment

• Originally posted by Tha_Greatest View Post
                  no thats yours
                  Man, I read your Sig. Does that poster believe what he wrote.

And what time do you usually start fighting crime?

Comment

• as I've posted before floyd's legacy is his gayness.

thats all...

Comment

• Between that so called rock and hard place you speak of is A LOT of $$$$$$$$$$$$$

Comment

Working...
                      X