Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Floyd's legacy stuck between a rock and a hard place.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by timboslice708 View Post
    All I hear is butt hurt, butt hurt, butt hurt. Can I help you with something? No one asked for you to be in here. If, you truly dont believe Floyd is the GOAT, why are you in here? I know deep down inside, your pissed at this thread, because it does in fact make sense. He's great at many weight classes, master of none. So, he cant possibly be the GOAT.
    no actually i enjoyed this thread. ur comments are whats bringing it down. ur much better at saying butthurt than u are at anything that pertains to boxing knowledge.

u start off a thread by saying floyds legacy is this or that, then as soon as ppl shut u down and expose u, u change tactics. lmao, ur backtracking is funny but pathetic. but keep on rambling, its ur credibility thats going down the drain.

Comment

• Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
      so u made a thread to address the 5% of ppl on the site who believe something idiotic? why because ur smarter than them? u know more? lmao. u clearly dont.

now since u said u made the thread because these ppl think floyd is atg, which most of the ppl in this thread clearly dont, go make a thread for every other fan who thinks their fighter is atg, starting with pac.

ive seen your posts. u are completely clueless on the topic. i dont even know why u started this thread. its quite embarrassing.
      What do you think?
      Do you think Floyd is an ATG?

If not......then name me some ATG from Floyds era please

Comment

• Originally posted by !! Shawn View Post
        ... So just to clarify... it is your assertion is that Ray Robinson invented the leaping left hook, angles, and footwork? So if I can show you a fighter before Ray Robinson that did those same things, you would admit you are an idiot?

Robinson/Lamotta does absolutely nothing for you claim that Ray Robinson was a "slick" fighter... Just FYI.
        he probably doesnt even know what happened in those fights.

Comment

• Originally posted by BIGBOXINGFAN View Post
          You must have just started watching boxing.
          Where are the facts that back up your claim?

Here are a few facts for you.

1) Floyd beat an undefeated Hatton at 147. So are your saying Floyd should have not fought Hatton because Hatton struggled against collazo? WOW.

2) Yes the WW division was hot at the time that Floyd retired....
          But when Floyd was at 140 he couldn't get a fight with hatton, or Cotto.
          Bob Arum told Floyds team that Cotto wasn't ready.
          Hatton's people told Floyd that he wasn't ready as well. Look it up buddy.

PWilliams was an Al hayman fighter and so is Floyd.
          Now name one Al Hayman fighter that has fought another Al hayman fighter?
          I'm waiting....

Shane Mosley asked for 10 million when Hbo tried to make a fight between him and Floyd many years ago. Shane was 135 and floyd was 130.
          Then years later Shane told the world on HBO that his teeth were loose and couldn't fight.

Floyd was offered 8million for the Margarito fight.
          But you fail to talk about the options Bob Arum wanted from Floyd.
          Bob wanted to renew his contract with floyd. These are all facts.

Why would Floyd resign with Bob when.....Bob owed him money for the Gatti and judah fights, Bob wouldn't make a fight with delahoya for floyd, And Bob didn't want to pay Floyd what he was asking for.
          So Floyd bought out his contract for 750,000.

Thats not ducking......
          At the time Floyd fought Hatton, people were expecting him to fight Cotto. Instead of fighting Cotto, he chose to bring Hatton up from 140lb.

Comment

• Originally posted by BIGBOXINGFAN View Post
            What do you think?
            Do you think Floyd is an ATG?

If not......then name me some ATG from Floyds era please
            hes clearly an atg. hes def one of the best from this era. how high is debatable. only ppl that are in his league are manny and b hop

i dont think hes GOAT or close to it tho.

Comment

At the time Floyd fought Hatton, people were expecting him to fight Cotto. Instead of fighting Cotto, he chose to bring Hatton up from 140lb.
              thats still not ducking. ppl can expect what they want. floyd and cotto never got near a fight, neither side reached out to the other to make a fight. so if ppl claim its ducking then its also fair to say cotto ducked floyd.

Comment

he probably doesnt even know what happened in those fights.
                I'd tend to concur with that assessment. Honestly, saying that Robinson is the prototype for all slick fighters after him, and the pointing to one of the greatest back and forth slug-fests of all time, a fight in which neither fighter was capable of missing a punch... to prove it shows that he is either and idiot, or trolling.

Comment

Floyd didn't bring Hatton up to 147. He came up to challenge Floyd.
                  Did he put a gun to his head?

Hatton moved up(like other great champions have in past ) and got Ko'd.
                  As of today......Floyd has fought and beat both Cotto and hatton so let it go

Comment

hes clearly an atg. hes def one of the best from this era. how high is debatable. only ppl that are in his league are manny and b hop

i dont think hes GOAT or close to it tho.
                    I agree.
                    I feel their are so many great fighters from different eras.
                    I couldn't tell you who is the GOAT.

Who do think is the GOAT and why?

Comment

• Im still only hearing butt hurt. So, your basis that Ray Rob is not a slick fighter holds weight then, because he wasnt the slickest??? I didnt say he invented angles, movement, leaping left hook, Im saying he combined all those together to form a slick style, that many fighters use today. Dont get it twisted.
                      Last edited by timboslice708; 08-05-2012, 04:51 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X