Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Floyd's legacy stuck between a rock and a hard place.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Garcia's Dad View Post
    Daggum vs IMDAZED.

Don't think these two BS ATGs have collided before.

When I read one's post, I think he's winning, before I read the other's and change my mind.
    It's not really a collision. More of a gentle ellerbe style massage.

Comment

• Originally posted by daggum View Post
      If that were the case why did the ring drop him down to number 7 the next year? he fought emmanuel augustus and gregario vargas. 2 more nobodies. Shouldn't those wins combine with what he's already done and keep him high on the list or even move him up? After floyd dropped he actually took a risk and fought corrales. Not sure if it's related but possibly. Instead of everyone sucking his co-ck, if everyone called floyd a ducker(that he is) and stopped paying attention to his lame fights maybe he would feel compelled to take more risks. oh well that will never happen.
      Doesn't the fact that he was dropped back down on the list fly in the face of all your "People wanted to crown him the est without him earning it" whining? I mean if it was all a conspiracy like you're going on and on about, then why didnt the people responsible for whatever list you're referring to just keep him at number #2? Face it, you're a hater mad at the amount of respect that Mayweater receives. Your hate prevents you from seeing things objectively when it comes to Mayweather. Your hate prevents you from tealizing that boxing is a business and that politics are involved. You're actually whining that Mayweather never fought Margarito, even after we all know what we know about the guy. Never mind the politics for why he never fought Margarito, as a socalled fan you should be happy that he never got in the ring with that cheat. The guy has literally done nothing since he was exposed. You need a self check right about now.

Comment

• this thread made me laugh for a second. Only during the intenet age does an all time great's legacy get described as being "stuck between a rock and a hard place." I wonder what people would have said about the legacy of past all time greats if the internet was around.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

• Originally posted by timboslice708 View Post
          My point being is that many of his super hardcore fans believe that he is the perfect fighter, when in fact he is not. There are style that are better than Floyd's. The closest thing to a perfect fighter is Sugar Ray Robinson and prime Roy Jones Jr.
          Roy jones was never as good as Floyd. Sugar was a beat but i still dont see him beating Floyd. There are many fighters that as a whole who have greater legacy's than Floyd. But if Floyd fights and beats Manny then i think he would classify as ONE of the greatest.

Comment

• people just can't help but reply to these type of THREADS

Comment

Ray Rob and Ray Leonard beat Floyd's ass based on their fighting style/durability/ability to take a punch/aggressiveness/etc. If you cant see that, then somethings wrong with you.
              You do realize nearly every single post you've made in this thread is COMPLETELY opinion based, right? You express YOUR OPINIONS as if they're facts, which is just not the case. I'm not even a fan of Mayweather, but c'mon man, your opinion is no more valid then anyone else's. Also, durability, aggressiveness, and an ability to take a punch don't make a great fighter, they just don't. They CAN be decent attributes, but they don't make an elite fighter.

Look at Bernard Hopkins for example, he was never a striking athletic specimen, he was never exceptionally fast, he was never a big puncher, yet he became a great fighter. And, with very little experience, gave RJJ a very competitive and highly tactical fight, and Roy had every athletic advantage in the fight. He was faster, more athletic, hit harder etc. And, while Bernard lost, he visibly gave Roy issues and got off some nice shots. People put WAY too much focus on height, reach, power, speed and athleticism. Sure, there's been plenty of good fighters that were very good fighters because of their speed, power and athleticism (Roy) BUT, there were also plenty of good fighters that weren't blessed with strong athletic attributes (Bernard).

Andre Ward is another perfect example. He doesn't have a lot of power, isn't very fast, has an average reach, is averagely tall. Yet, he is one of the best fighters in the sport currently, hasn't lost a fight amateur OR pro since 1998 I believe, and has dominated top competition back to back. Height and reach don't mean ANYTHING if a fighter doesn't have the actual skills, intelligence, mental focus and poise to utilize such physical attributes.

Just my opinion and two cents, though.

Comment

This thread is for the Floyd stans that think he is literally the G.O.A.T
                Was Robinson the best ww or mw ever???or is it is collective resume and skill that made him so great?

Comment

• Originally posted by larryx2012 View Post
                  Was Robinson the best ww or mw ever???or is it is collective resume and skill that made him so great?
                  Universally regarded as the GOAT WW. Also has a case for being the GOAT MW, although theirs many different stances on that. No worse than top 3 at MW. Although prime for prime, I dont see anyone beating Roy Jones at MW.

Comment

through so many wars before the Mosley fight, eventually he was going down. You just used JOE FUGGIN FRAZIER putting Ali down as an excuse!!!! He hit Ali with the best punch in his arsenal, clean to the chin, that would put most fighters in the morgue, and Ali got right back up, thats an uber elite chin.
                    Henry Cooper put Ali on his ass, almost for a 10 count. His corner used smelling salts to wake him back up.

Ever heard of Henry Cooper?

If so, is it because he knocked Ali down?

Now how many times has Floyd been wobbled? You said it happens everytime he gets touched, how many times was he rocked in the Augustus' or Cotto fights? He got hit plenty there.

Comment

• Originally posted by daggum View Post
                      yeah it is. it's hype. Floyd was rated p4p #2 based on wins over genaro hernandez, angel manfredy, carlos alberto rios, justin juuko and carlos gerena. #2! he hadn't even fought corrales yet. What other boxer would be so highly ranked with such a flimsy resume? calzaghe avoided everyone for years and still had a much better resume than floyd when floyd was #2 but joe didn't break into the p4p list until............he fought an overhyped american named jeff lacy!
                      I thought I had seen it all on this forum. Now people are nitpicking the eafly part of Floyd's career? LMAO. Classic

Comment

Working...
                      X