Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Errol Spence Gets Justice, AIBA Overturns Loss

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I still have love for Olympic boxing, but the scoring and corruption has totally ruined 2012. I'm seeing people from other countries and backgrounds taking joy in the failure of team USA but there is nothing cool about a handpicked field. The best fighters should be competing for the gold and that damn sure isn't the case this year. But I'm glad Spence was given a second chance at least.

Comment

Gausha should definitely still be fighting as well, I agree.

Comment

Just read the news. I’m as amazed as I am happy for Spence. The kid was robbed. He knew it and so did everyone else, including the ref who initially raised his hand in victory. Errol was gracious in defeat; but he was clearly emotional, knowing he had won. I hope he brings home a medal.

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
          I thought Lazaro Alvarez got the best of Diaz. Good effort by Diaz but no robbery.
          Diaz definitely lost the first round, but he came back to win the next two. Maybe they could use the same loophole in that fight, because alvarez was holding for dear life in that last round.

Comment

I've only watched one or two fights but according to Buncey seven Team GB boxers are guaranteed to fight for a medal.

Good going.

Comment

Great news, that was a freakin robbery.

Comment

There are quite a few other fighters from these games that deserve the same justice. Unfortunately, they didn't even administer justice for what actually took place. They found a way to make it go away.

Comment

Thank god for common sense!... That was an appalling decision, as it was one way traffic from early on in round two and onwards. Spence was dominating his opponent so much, that I'm surprised that a standing 8 count wasn't administered. Still, good to hear that some semblance of justice and common sense prevailed. Although I'm not to pleased how only the ref received the blame for this travesty of justice, as it seems like the powers that be forgot to criticise the judges, as they were f#cking horrendous!

Comment

There have been so many top U.S. amateurs who have been robbed it's comical. Not just U.S. fighters but others as well.

People complain about it happening on the pro level...but you never get a sense of how bad/corrupt judging can be until you watch amateur bouts.

If I'm a young fighter I'm only doing this to get experience and turning pro as soon as possible to avoid farces like this.

Comment

Originally posted by IIG View Post
                      I still have love for Olympic boxing, but the scoring and corruption has totally ruined 2012. I'm seeing people from other countries and backgrounds taking joy in the failure of team USA but there is nothing cool about a handpicked field. The best fighters should be competing for the gold and that damn sure isn't the case this year. But I'm glad Spence was given a second chance at least.
                      Dude this **** goes on every time these games are held.

Comment

Working...
                      X