No announcement yet.

who's higher on your ATG list? Mayweather or Hopkins

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by larryx2012 View Post
    Both are 2 of my favorite fighters and both are certified ATG'S and 1st ballot hall of famers,glad i got to witness them fight and will be glad to tell my grand kids about them
    Quite frankly I would have never guessed that you were a B-Hop fan.

Comment

• Originally posted by daggum View Post
      you mean the negotiations where winky agreed then floyd changed his demands after winky agreed? gee that seems to happen a lot with floyd and good fighters. Floyd never changes his demands against ortiz or baldomir though once they agree. so weird.
      Bro believe me I know Floyd wanted absolutely no part of that man, I know. People can say whatever they want about that I know Floyd has never fought the best fighters above 135. He may have fought the higher ranked guys. But no 1 can tell me that Baldomir was better than Margarito when Floyd fought Baldomir.

Cotto was indeed ranked #1 at 154, but I'm not convinced he was the best fighter there. Better than ginger, absolutely. Better than everyone else, I'm not convinced.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
        Bro believe me I know Floyd wanted absolutely no part of that man, I know. People can say whatever they want about that I know Floyd has never fought the best fighters above 135. He may have fought the higher ranked guys. But no 1 can tell me that Baldomir was better than Margarito when Floyd fought Baldomir.

Cotto was indeed ranked #1 at 154, but I'm not convinced he was the best fighter there. Better than ginger, absolutely. Better than everyone else, I'm not convinced.
        baldomir was crap. linear champ doesn't mean best. zsolt erdei was linear champ and no one ever thought he was the best. imagine if hopkins had fought zsolt erdei instead of guys like tarver and pascal. Look i beat the linear champ now i'm going to retire...

of course cotto wasn't the best. if the ring followed their own rankings guys like bundrage would be far above cotto. bundrage beat the #2, #5, and the wbo champ in back to back fights yet he's ranked 8th. cotto beat the #6 guy and 2 unranked guys and he's first? makes no sense. guys like kirkland, molina, and lara would be above him as well. oh well cotto is popular so i guess that makes him the best?

Comment

• Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
          dude, even if all of those questions were answered in your favor, it wouldnt mean anything. because jermain taylor still wouldnt be a better fighter than either castillo or corrales. i mean can u name his one dominating signiture win. ill wait.
          What's Castillo's dominating signature win? Rematch against worn down Corrales when Castillo didn't make weight?

Comment

• Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
            Quite frankly I would have never guessed that you were a B-Hop fan.
            Guess you haven't been following my post that closely.I have always been a HUGE fan of Hopkins

Comment

• Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
              What's Castillo's dominating signature win? Rematch against worn down Corrales when Castillo didn't make weight?
              We can start with Stevie Johnston, Cesar Bazan, Juan Lazcano, Casamayor, Diaz. Castillo is the greatest lightweight of our generation.

Comment

• Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
                i guess u missed his wins over johnston, casamayor, lazcano all very clear wins.

on the other hand, taylor has clear wins over who? the carcass of william joppy, kasim ouma and jeff lacy? im struggling to see which one of those is better.

Comment

• Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
                  We can start with Stevie Johnston, Cesar Bazan, Juan Lazcano, Casamayor, Diaz. Castillo is the greatest lightweight of our generation.
                  dominating? a lot of people thought he lost to johnston. he certainly lost the casamayor fight. bazan, lazcano, and julio diaz are solid wins but not A level. he has no real dominating win unless you count corrales rematch where he failed to make weight. He's still better than taylor because he has a better chin but his record could easily have more losses on it just like taylors.

Comment

• Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
                    i guess u missed his wins over johnston, casamayor, lazcano all very clear wins.

on the other hand, taylor has clear wins over who? the carcass of william joppy, kasim ouma and jeff lacy? im struggling to see which one of those is better.
                    you have never seen the casamayor and johnston fights or you are hoping he hasn't seen them.

Comment

• Originally posted by daggum View Post
                      dominating? a lot of people thought he lost to johnston. he certainly lost the casamayor fight. bazan, lazcano, and julio diaz are solid wins but not A level. he has no real dominating win unless you count corrales rematch where he failed to make weight. He's still better than taylor because he has a better chin but his record could easily have more losses on it just like taylors.
                      Where do you see the word dominating? And he fought Johnston twice (seems you forgot), which one are you referring to?

Comment

Working...
                      X