No announcement yet.

who's higher on your ATG list? Mayweather or Hopkins

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by letsgobrady View Post
    trinidad and tarver are the only fights that can be considered great wins imo and even the trinidad win is kinda ify being that he is looked at as a ww.
    kelly had to move up in weight to fight bernard and so did winky and bernard could have arguably fought winky when he was a middleweight so why fight winky at light heavyweight
    who cares if kelly moved up in weight it's not as if kelly wasn't weighing ~180 pounds on fight night anyways. They were practically identical in size, besides it's not as if weight was the reason pavlik lost he lost because he couldn't deal with lateral movement and he was beat to the punch over and over. You take away kelly's best weapon, his 1-2 (which is what hopkins did) and there is nothing left in his arsenal. Anyone who uses weight as an excuse as to why pavlik lost doesn't understand boxing. On top of that Pavlik was a big favorite to win, many predicting he would be the first to KO hopkins, so quite clearly it was a great win for Hopkins.

Anyways, whoever nitpicks hopkins resume apart in order to make their argument for floyd stronger are foolish. We can all dissect Floyd's resume and if we really look at it and compare names & accomplishments, there is simply no way floyd has a better resume than hopkins. None. Floyd's best wins are who exactly? Castillo, Corrales...Cotto?? Oscar? Judah?

Comment

• Originally posted by THE ИATAS View Post
      who cares if kelly moved up in weight it's not as if kelly wasn't weighing ~180 pounds on fight night anyways. They were practically identical in size, besides it's not as if weight was the reason pavlik lost he lost because he couldn't deal with lateral movement and he was beat to the punch over and over. You take away kelly's best weapon, his 1-2 (which is what hopkins did) and there is nothing left in his arsenal. Anyone who uses weight as an excuse as to why pavlik lost doesn't understand boxing. On top of that Pavlik was a big favorite to win, many predicting he would be the first to KO hopkins, so quite clearly it was a great win for Hopkins.

Anyways, whoever nitpicks hopkins resume apart in order to make their argument for floyd stronger are foolish. We can all dissect Floyd's resume and if we really look at it and compare names & accomplishments, there is simply no way floyd has a better resume than hopkins. None. Floyd's best wins are who exactly? Castillo, Corrales...Cotto?? Oscar? Judah?
      That's terrible logic. Next we'll be hearing how Gatti should have fought at middle and Duran at LHW. Training for 170 and 160 are two different things.

Comment

• I am a Floyd guy, so I would say Floyd but it is fairly close.

I think Floyd is generally more impressive, both guys have longevity and consistency but B-Hop has more of that. Really when I watch both of them Floyd impresses me more, both guys have beat tons of solid opposition without many great wins but I think Floyd did a better job of it.

I could understand why people who like B-Hop would say B-Hop though, his career deserves major accolades that he didn't or doesn't get much of.

Comment

• who has fought the greater set of fighters floyd or bhop?

without question its Bhop:

Trinidad
          Oscar
          Roy Jones Jr
          Tarver
          Winky
          Dawson
          Calzaghe

Floyd has

Castillo
          Corrales
          Hatton
          Mosley
          Oscar
          Cotto
          Judah

Bhop fought superior competition.

Comment

• Floyd's a better fighter, but I think Hopkins has done enough to make it to a very close position with Floyd.

Comment

• I have Mayweather way ahead of Hopkins. I think Hopkins gets too much credit for what he has been doing later in his career. It's impressive what he's done at his age but you don't get extra credit because you're old.

Comment

• Originally posted by Check View Post
                I have Mayweather way ahead of Hopkins. I think Hopkins gets too much credit for what he has been doing later in his career. It's impressive what he's done at his age but you don't get extra credit because you're old.
                He did quite a lot from ages 29-36 too.

Comment

• Originally posted by DTMB View Post
                  who has fought the greater set of fighters floyd or bhop?

Trinidad
                  Oscar
                  Roy Jones Jr
                  Tarver
                  Winky
                  Dawson
                  Calzaghe

Floyd has

Castillo
                  Corrales
                  Hatton
                  Mosley
                  Oscar
                  Cotto
                  Judah

And Hopkins has lost to some of those guys. Do you think Floyd would lose to any of those guys or talent similar to that in his division.... I really doubt it. Floyd is simply better than Hopkins.

Comment

• Originally posted by Check View Post
                    And Hopkins has lost to some of those guys. Do you think Floyd would lose to any of those guys or talent similar to that in his division.... I really doubt it. Floyd is simply better than Hopkins.
                    I don't know why dummies add losses like it enhances their resume. Reggie Strickland fought Roy Jones so where do we rank him? How about Zab? He must be a God.

Comment

• Originally posted by DTMB View Post
                      who has fought the greater set of fighters floyd or bhop?

Trinidad
                      Oscar
                      Roy Jones Jr
                      Tarver
                      Winky
                      Dawson
                      Calzaghe

Floyd has

Castillo
                      Corrales
                      Hatton
                      Mosley
                      Oscar
                      Cotto
                      Judah

Its not about who they fought. There are many fighters who've fought better opposition thank b hop as well. But they aren't atgs. That whole idea is simply ******ed.

Comment

Working...
                      X