Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official Mike "Mile High" Alvarado vs. Brandon "Bam Bam" Rios Fight Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The move up to 140 is going to breathe new life into Rios' career, IMO. This guy was losing 20+ pounds the day before fights to be able to make 135. There's no way in hell he fully recovered from that in one day. It had to be effecting him in a negative way. Only having to lose around 10-15 pounds will help him out a lot. Alvarado and Rios are both basically the same size.

Rios isn't going to gas out like Prescott and he is a hell of a lot better then Mauricio Herrera. I think Rios is going to bully his way to the inside and outwork Alvardo from there. Both guys have solid chins so I don't expect a knockout. I got Rios by UD.

Comment

I don’t know why people are bringing up skills in this fight, what this fight comes down to is who is tougher. I think Rios will win if not by too then he will do major damage for 12 rounds, he was a skeleton at 135, now he should have more energy and thats dangerous

Comment

Originally posted by pturtle View Post
        I don’t know why people are bringing up skills in this fight, what this fight comes down to is who is tougher. I think Rios will win if not by too then he will do major damage for 12 rounds, he was a skeleton at 135, now he should have more energy and thats dangerous
        yup, exactly my thoughts. this fight is all about blood and guts, and imo i think rios has more. to me rios only knows how to fight one way, and does it better than alvarado. it'll be an action packed fight, i can't wait.

Comment

Damn did not expect Mike to get a healthy lead like this.

41-34 Alvarado

Comment

Brandon Rios in a instant classic.

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
              meh will watch but not really a main event
              ^^^^ this guy know absolutely nothing about style match ups.........^^^^

ABSOLUTELY NOTHING! haha, good god, not main event worthy!?!?!? how about this has the makings of being the next Castillo vs Corrales I !!!!!

this should be one of the most anticipated fights in boxing right now! hands down. there can't be a better FIGHT match up than this in boxing, there really can't.

two undefeated WARRIORS who've never taken a step backwards in a fight, never let off the gas, and never fought without giving it their all........

I can't wait for this fight. as a fan of both, it's a pick'em, but I think and am pulling for Alvarado in this fight...... you have to pick one, but the fact that this fight should be one of the most action packed fights in recent years, there will be no loser as a fan.

Comment

Originally posted by deuce_drop View Post
                ^^^^ this guy know absolutely nothing about style match ups.........^^^^

ABSOLUTELY NOTHING! haha, good god, not main event worthy!?!?!? how about this has the makings of being the next Castillo vs Corrales I !!!!!

this should be one of the most anticipated fights in boxing right now! hands down. there can't be a better FIGHT match up than this in boxing, there really can't.

two undefeated WARRIORS who've never taken a step backwards in a fight, never let off the gas, and never fought without giving it their all........

I can't wait for this fight. as a fan of both, it's a pick'em, but I think and am pulling for Alvarado in this fight...... you have to pick one, but the fact that this fight should be one of the most action packed fights in recent years, there will be no loser as a fan.
                Rios isn't undefeated, but yeah good fight.

Comment

Rios is up against it..... Wouldn't be surprised if Alvarado pulled it out..... Not even sure Rios is gonna do well at 140....

Still....... Imma f#cks with Rios till the wheels fall off

Comment

Comment

look how strong rios looked at his last fight at 140

powerful jab

Comment

Working...
                      X