Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official Mike "Mile High" Alvarado vs. Brandon "Bam Bam" Rios Fight Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LOL @ Alvarado having a slight edge, all the fights he's been in have been wars. Rios on the other hand has only been in trouble twice and only by being outboxed. Alvarado will not outbox Rios.

Comment

Originally posted by jab2theballs View Post
      LOL @ Alvarado having a slight edge, all the fights he's been in have been wars. Rios on the other hand has only been in trouble twice and only by being outboxed. Alvarado will not outbox Rios.
      Alvarado has been fighting guys at 140.

Rios has been fighting guys at 135. Of course they can't overpower him.

Alvarado on the other hand might be the first guy bigger than Rios.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePhantom5 View Post
        Alvarado has been fighting guys at 140.

Rios has been fighting guys at 135. Of course they can't overpower him.

Alvarado on the other hand might be the first guy bigger than Rios.
        alvarado = height 5.9 reach: 69½″ / 177cm

brandon rios = height:5′ 8 reach: 68 / 173cm

its a toss up fight i think

Comment

Originally posted by 915angel View Post
          alvarado = height 5.9 reach: 69½″ / 177cm brandon rios = height:5′ 8 reach: 68 / 173cm its a toss up fight i think
          Meant more like natural size. Mike has fought at 140 his whole career.

Comment

Maybe the closing poll I've ever made.

Comment

Bump.........

Comment

i think rios will stop him, but fighters like this u never kno its really a toss up

Comment

Originally posted by TX_BOXNG View Post
                  i think rios will stop him, but fighters like this u never kno its really a toss up
                  i think rios is gonna be too wreckless in their he's gonna try and make up for the abril gift which i honestly think will play in favor for alvarado i see rios being gassed by the 5th and alvarado slowly breaking him down by the 8th or 9th

Comment

Originally posted by Dominicano Soy View Post
                    Gonna go with Rios here, Alvarado couldn't handle Prescott's jab and Rios has an equally as good of a jab, if not better, plus Rios is gonna attack the body. I could see Rios getting hurt multiple times but pulling through. It's gonna be a great one though, a fan friendly type of fight, definitely FOTY material.
                    Rios has a jab??

Comment

For the people saying the Alvarado is tailor made for Rios, you do realize you could just as easily say that Rios is tailor made for Alvarado as well. I personally feel that Alvarado has a bit more to his overall skill-set. He plays the angles a bit, he uses some slick tactics as well, like placing the left forearm in, to create space for power shots. I also think he's naturally the bigger man, structurally. He's also shown to have a very good chin.

Also, someone said that Rios has a better jab then Prescott, which I disagree with completely. For 1, Prescott utilizes his jab in an entirely different way. He uses it on the back foot, he uses it to control distance and to keep his opponent at bay. Rios uses it to work his way inside on his opponent. Rios isn't going to be trying to keep Alvarado at a distance, let alone try to box Alvarado. Rios will be there right in front of Alvarado.

I just feel that Alvarado, who is more proven and used to the weight will win. Rios could win, don't get me wrong. But, I feel that Rios is being overrated tremendously. People already seem to forget him getting completely undressed and outclassed by Abril. Mind you, I know Alvarado is far from an Abril kind of fighter, but like I said I just feel that him being a natural JW, and him also being a good puncher and having a good chin will help him pull out the win. Rios could pull it out, but I'm going with Alvarado by late stoppage.

Comment

Working...
                      X