Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ThePhantom5 View Post
    We can compare to Rios's prior fights.

Comment

• Rios has failed to make the 135 lb limit in something like his last 2 or 3 fights.

Those that say he was draining to make 135 need to realize that Rios will need to drain to make 140 as well. The guy came in 3-4 lbs overweight in his last few fights after killing himself to make the limit. He will still struggle to make 140 and I think there's at least a 50% chance he doesn't make it, if not more.

I'll take the guy that's more comfortable at the weight in Alvarado over a guy who consistently fails to make weight. They seem to be about even in the skill department.

Comment

• Originally posted by 915angel View Post
        now that i know this fight is just 10 rounds idk who to pick i was leaning on alvarado to pull out a stoppage or a ko in the champion rounds somewhere in the 10-12th

but if the fight is only 10 rounds i can see rios winnin a UD
        Boxrec has it listed as a 12 rounder

Comment

• People saying that Rios' going up to 140, must realize that this doesn't guarantee that it's better for him, since his style is to pressure having the weight advantage over smaller guys at 135 was better for him but at 140 guys are as big as him or even bigger which doesn't give him any advantage whatsoever and facing a guy that pressures like Alvarado does doesn't do him any favors. That being said I give a slight edge to Alvarado.

Comment

• Strength vs Strength

Power vs Power

Chin vs Chin

Its gonna be destructive.

Comment

• This fight on paper looks like a barn burner. I really hoping it is

Comment

• Originally posted by Kenny Blankenship View Post
                Boxrec has it listed as a 12 rounder
                theres an article somewhere and threads somewhere in here that confirm it (ill try and look it up for you)

but i feel brandon can take this if he bring the pressure early both are slow starters imo

Comment

• Originally posted by 915angel View Post
                  theres an article somewhere and threads somewhere in here that confirm it (ill try and look it up for you)

but i feel brandon can take this if he bring the pressure early both are slow starters imo
                  I wish it was a 12 rounder.

Comment

• ...............Bump

Comment

• 50-50 fight, huge FOTY potential, now this is a real fight. No weight draining or boring clinch fests here.

I got BAM BAM by way of KO and huge WAR!

Comment

Working...
                      X