Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: K9 Bundrage: No Interest in Fighting Austin Trout

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

K9, please just fight Trout. Stop waiting for the big one and take the next best thing. Beat Trout and you become a much more valuable opponent. You only fight once a ****in year, so it shouldn't be a surprise why the top fighters don't even bother. You don't stay active enough, so therefore you can't build a fan-base and nobody gives a **** about you. Having a title can only get you so much support.
    Last edited by kiaba360; 08-02-2012, 08:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by lefthook2daliva View Post
      Let him fight Kirkland. I doubt he could do it, but if he won maybe it would boost his profile enough to get him one of the bigger money guys?

Kirkland would probably take the fight to get the belt?
      Would be a good fight, two cavemen swinging non stop.

Originally posted by JKidd2624 View Post
      Not that I care in the least bit for K9, but I'm thankful he doesn't want to fight Trout.

Watching paint dry would be an equally fun thing to watch.
      The style matchup wouldn't be boring, Trout looks good against aggressive fighters.

Comment

k9 vs kirkland would be a war

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
          . Think about it, what if he won Trout's belt too? Then he could REALLY land that big fight he's fiending for. But of course he's a damn idiot.
          I see his point about Trout's belt though. He's using the excuse that Trout doesn't have the real WBA belt, and if he wins it, others would use the same excuse towards him. Lots of middleweights have been using the same excuse about Golokin no having the real WBA belt as well. Trout's belt won't bring him any more leverage than what K9 already has with his IBF belt. As long as Floyd holds the Super WBA belt, people will want his belt, not Trout's.

Putting aside the belt issue, Bundrage needs to keep on fighting relevant top 10 guys if he wants to remain relevant himself. Looking at the other top 10 fighters, they're not particularly any more or any less dangerous than Trout so he's going to have to fight one of them anyway. Although, I think he has a good chance of landing the Cotto fight so maybe he's doing right thing by protecting himself.

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
            Another fighter overestimating his worth. Will end up losing his title to a can on ESPN
            He isn't overestimating his worth. He's biding his time until one of the money fighters decides to fight him or he has to fight another mandatory.

Emanuel Steward is pulling the strings behind the scenes as his manager... He understands that K-9 has a good possibility of losing against Trout for a small purse and for the 39 year old Bundrage to lose his title it is a death sentence for a good pay day.

If he's going to limit himself to those 4 options, he's going to have to wait until Canelo or Cotto loses because nor Pacquiao or Mayweather will fight him and he missed out facing Canelo in September so he won't have a shot at none of them (because Cotto and Canelo will fight each other or just fight other more valuable fights), at least, until one of them loses.

Because of that I want to see Rosado, Andrade, Kirkland, Lara, or another strong fighter move into the IBF mandatory spot; I want to see him face one of them to keep his title. He's had it for too long facing the likes of Spinks and Powell.

Comment

let him get in there with kirkland or cotto that way cotto can get another belt and then fight canelo if he cant get him to figh in december but will be good for kirkland since we know K9 wont fight LARA K9 DONT INPRESS ME N-E WAY HE'LL PROBABLY GET KO'ED BY EITHER ONE

Comment

Originally posted by QUELOQUE View Post
                He isn't overestimating his worth. He's biding his time until one of the money fighters decides to fight him or he has to fight another mandatory.
                Only chance he has at a big fight is vs Cotto. Cause Cotto just came off a loss and could use a tune up . He can kiss the Mayweather fight good bye but MIGHT just get that Canelo fight since Canelo likes to fight the senior citizens too. Seriously tho, how much can K9 possibly draw even vs a
                big name? -_-
                Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
                I see his point about Trout's belt though. He's using the excuse that Trout doesn't have the real WBA belt, and if he wins it, others would use the same excuse towards him. Lots of middleweights have been using the same excuse about Golokin no having the real WBA belt as well. Trout's belt won't bring him any more leverage than what K9 already has with his IBF belt. As long as Floyd holds the Super WBA belt, people will want his belt, not Trout's.

Putting aside the belt issue, Bundrage needs to keep on fighting relevant top 10 guys if he wants to remain relevant himself. Looking at the other top 10 fighters, they're not particularly any more or any less dangerous than Trout so he's going to have to fight one of them anyway. Although, I think he has a good chance of landing the Cotto fight so maybe he's doing right thing by protecting himself.
                True but like you said none of the top 10 are any less dangerous than Trout and a win over Trout would make him more relevant. Even tho it's a long shot for him (K9).

Comment

K9 must be a female dog because he is an official b#%ch! He only made $136k from his fight with Spinks and turned down $500k for a fight with Austin.

Comment

Originally posted by QUELOQUE View Post
                    We know which of these two possibilities is more likely. No big name is going to fight him, for the exact same reason that he doesn't wanna fight Trout, except that they have better bargaining chips. All K9 has is his title, and there are plenty of titles in boxing nowadays, they can even make one up if need be. He doesn't understand how irrelevant he is.

Originally posted by Hamaru View Post
                    K9 must be a female dog because he is an official b#%ch! He only made $136k from his fight with Spinks and turned down $500k for a fight with Austin.
                    Where did you get those numbers from? If that's true then the "small purse" excuse goes out the window.

Comment

is k9 ducking trout?

Comment

Working...
                      X