No announcement yet.

Why So Much Hate?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why So Much Hate?

I've been reading this forum for a while now, and there seems to be a genuine dislike for Amir Khan and happiness when he gets knocked out. I know he can be arrogant at times and may look for excuses, but the guy took this defeat and admitted the better man won.

To add to that the guy has a lot more heart than a lot of fighters, look how he constantly tries to get back up and carry on fighting, the kids not a quitter. Thats what everyone loves in a boxer; heart, and he's got plenty of it. And unlike many other fighters he wants to fight everyone at his weight class, the guy ducks nobody. He still wants to come back and clear up the 140 division before possibly moving to 147.

The guy has fast hands and throws fast combinations, his fights are always exciting and you never know whats going to happen next. While he doesn't have the best chin and recuperation, it makes for exciting fights and his heart makes up for it because he's always willing to get back up and take some more.

He's gotta take the long road of redemption and I honestly feel that he can come back and be a champion again, because the kid has almost everything. If his defence improves and he sticks to his game plan he'll beat everyone at 140 and possibly 147 barring Pacman and Mayweather.

You guys should cut him some slack because he is everything you look for in an exciting fighter, not an elite boxer yet, but still a very very good boxer.

Originally posted by arizashakes View Post
    I've been reading this forum for a while now, and there seems to be a genuine dislike for Amir Khan and happiness when he gets knocked out. I know he can be arrogant at times and may look for excuses, but the guy took this defeat and admitted the better man won.

To add to that the guy has a lot more heart than a lot of fighters, look how he constantly tries to get back up and carry on fighting, the kids not a quitter. Thats what everyone loves in a boxer; heart, and he's got plenty of it. And unlike many other fighters he wants to fight everyone at his weight class, the guy ducks nobody. He still wants to come back and clear up the 140 division before possibly moving to 147.

The guy has fast hands and throws fast combinations, his fights are always exciting and you never know whats going to happen next. While he doesn't have the best chin and recuperation, it makes for exciting fights and his heart makes up for it because he's always willing to get back up and take some more.

He's gotta take the long road of redemption and I honestly feel that he can come back and be a champion again, because the kid has almost everything. If his defence improves and he sticks to his game plan he'll beat everyone at 140 and possibly 147 barring Pacman and Mayweather.

You guys should cut him some slack because he is everything you look for in an exciting fighter, not an elite boxer yet, but still a very very good boxer.
    He admitted that he wasn't gettting enough attention in camp and needs a new trainer. Before he got KTFO, he was claiming he was better then ever. When you lose like he did, it leaves you little room to make excuses. I bet you if Khan would have lost by decision he would bitch how he got robbed again...

Comment

BTW.....what is the deal with all these fawking alts spawning lately.

Comment

Biggest reason: Khan's big mouth and ego. It's nauseating.

Secondary reason: Being trained by Roach and sparring with Pacquiao.

Comment

Originally posted by littlemac View Post
          He admitted that he wasn't gettting enough attention in camp and needs a new trainer. Before he got KTFO, he was claiming he was better then ever. When you lose like he did, it leaves you little room to make excuses. I bet you if Khan would have lost by decision he would bitch how he got robbed again...
          Yeah and he wasn't getting enough attention. But he did say the better man won and he got caught with a good punch. And well we don't know because the fight was stopped, but he was robbed in the Peterson match, he won by at least two rounds and he had 2 points deducted for pushing?! Oh and Peterson was on PEDs.

Comment

im a fan of khan.... but i can totally see why the hate. based on this:
            • embarassing KO to prescott (people cant seem to shake that off)
            • wild card, roach, manny hate (guilty by association)
            • ****y twitter rants
            • basic fundamental boxing mistakes (frustrating to watch)
            • GBP backing, big money status (people hate on his 'cash cow' potential
            • "hypejob"

but even with the above, the kid's got balls.... and the guy fought everyone @ 140 that made sense. his heart is commendable, but i would still consider it 'dumb' before courageous. he is no gatti. he wouldve got more props for outboxing garcia.

Comment

I dont understand the hate for Roach either, its stupid. And yeah fair enough GBP have milked Khan and what not, but is that really his fault?

When Garcia's dad was mouthing off like an ignorant bum, did people have a genuine hate for Danny?

Maybe its Khan's religion and race.

Comment

Yeah and he wasn't getting enough attention. But he did say the better man won and he got caught with a good punch. And well we don't know because the fight was stopped, but he was robbed in the Peterson match, he won by at least two rounds and he had 2 points deducted for pushing?! Oh and Peterson was on PEDs.
                Why wasn't this mentioned before? Before the fight, He said his camp was better then ever and was even posting pics showing how buff and in shape he was. So after geting KTFO, his singing a different tune. The dude is a crybaby when he loses, but I give him credit for fighting dangerous competition and for his heart in the ring, except win he loses then turns into a bitch.

Comment

I think it's based around the fact that he doesn't speak like a guy who is confident nor even a guy who is simply ****y for the cameras.

He speaks like a guy who honestly believes he's a royal class above people. Like everyone is beneath his royalty and like he's owed something from everyone.

So couple that with his fighting style and mistakes he makes, it's hard to put two and two together.

Comment

I dont understand the hate for Roach either, its stupid. And yeah fair enough GBP have milked Khan and what not, but is that really his fault?

When Garcia's dad was mouthing off like an ignorant bum, did people have a genuine hate for Danny?

Maybe its Khan's religion and race.
                    Wait, were you cheering for Khan to win? BWhhahahaha....all am feeling now is a sour graping alt. GTFO.......

Comment

Working...
                    X